AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old January 6, 2013, 19:29   #41
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallucinationMushroom View Post
I just downloaded the newest Sil for Windows and when I extracted it out popped the usual Sil folder and a __MACOSX folder with what must be the mac version of the game. I don't care, I just thought I'd mention it... sorry if this was explained somewhere I missed the memo.
That is inelegant, but it won't have the Mac version inside it. I think it is just because I usually get Scatha to compress the Win version before sending it to me, but this time I reopened his zip file and recompressed it on my Mac.
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2013, 19:42   #42
half
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nryut View Post
And another bug: the "Sulrauko notices you" message is shown when I can't see the Sulrauko: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t4lvy8c95...otices-bug.png
This wasn't introduced in 1.1.1 and it is not completely clear whether it is a bug (I suppose it probably is). The sulrauko was visible to you between turns but is no longer visible (due to perception rolls). Ideally this would work in a more clear and consistent manner, but it is not a high priority at the moment (there is lots of more interesting stuff you'd rather we got right!).
Old January 6, 2013, 19:45   #43
half
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouded View Post
Monsters still seem to be having trouble with doors, the behavior where they bounce back and forth infront of one, unable to go through. Seems most common in giants and rauko in my experience.
Do you think this is happening more than in 1.1.0? I tried to fix the reported Morgoth problems: I found a real bug in the code and think I fixed it. It is possible I made other things worse or didn't really fix it. I'm going to try to play the Sil comp character and will see if I notice things going wrong (I'd better take Listen to help me!).
Old January 7, 2013, 03:21   #44
clouded
Adept

clouded is on a distinguished road
It didn't seem any more common. Before I posted, I made a backup save in a situation where a gwathrauko was doing it, I could send it to you (or Scatha) to show if required.
clouded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2013, 11:57   #45
half
Knight

Quote:
It didn't seem any more common. Before I posted, I made a backup save in a situation where a gwathrauko was doing it, I could send it to you (or Scatha) to show if required.
That would be good. Send it to sil@amirrorclear.net
Old January 7, 2013, 17:11   #46
half
Knight

Quote:
Monsters still seem to be having trouble with doors, the behavior where they bounce back and forth infront of one, unable to go through. Seems most common in giants and rauko in my experience.
I checked out your savefile and what was happening was that a Gwathraukar wasn't opening a door because unwary monsters (i.e. wandering monsters) don't open the doors to/within interesting rooms or vaults. If I remove this rule, some bad things happen, including having the monsters within the room disperse before the player gets there. You don't normally see this in action (unless you are stealthy and/or use Listen), but I agree that it isn't ideal. I might try to work out a better way of dealing with this in the future. For example, when I move to individual monster 'flows' I could at least have them pathfind around doors they don't want to open.
Old January 7, 2013, 17:13   #47
half
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nryut View Post
I also often see fleeing monsters that don't know where to flee in obvious situations.

Not sure if this particular one has anything to do with the door, but this easterling was standing still there the whole time I was making a pincushion for arrows from him (he was 'fleeing' all the time, too!) see screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uobl1500wz...leeing-bug.png
This sounds different to clouded's case. I'm not sure what is going on here and will look out for it. For the record, there have always been a few stupidities in Angband style monster fleeing. Some of these remain in Sil. I'm not sure if this is one of them though.
Old January 7, 2013, 20:04   #48
WaveMotion
Apprentice

WaveMotion is on a distinguished road
In general it seems that monsters with the ranged AI (e.g. orc archers, easterling archers) try to maintain los contact even when fleeing in certain cases.
WaveMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2013, 21:10   #49
half
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveMotion View Post
In general it seems that monsters with the ranged AI (e.g. orc archers, easterling archers) try to maintain los contact even when fleeing in certain cases.
Thanks. I'll look into that.
Old January 8, 2013, 16:06   #50
Psi
Knight

Psi is on a distinguished road
Any chance of Sil appearing on Android? Its cutdown commands, and smaller FoV requirements would seem ideal for the platform.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote