Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2011, 17:11   #41
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 40
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
It would be best if the app just exited on Ctrl-X immediately as it does in the birth screens.
This is now in staging, and should be pushed to master (and the nightlies) soon.

Definitely let me know if there are other patches you all need.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2011, 16:45   #42
retrobits
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
Definitely let me know if there are other patches you all need.
Thanks d_m, just tested the nightly and your fix worked great.

I forgot about one other small patch I do for Android to skip the SET_UID stuff. Rather than continue this pattern:

Code:
#if !defined(MACH_O_CARBON) && !defined(WINDOWS) && \
		!defined(GAMEBOY) && !defined(NDS) && !defined(ANDROID)
  # define SET_UID
  ...
,I wonder if there should just be a generic define called something like NO_SET_UID that could be set in a makefile.

Code:
#if !defined(NO_SET_UID)
  # define SET_UID
  ...
Its a double negative, but its cleaner I think...
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2011, 06:39   #43
geoff_tewierik
Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 140
geoff_tewierik is on a distinguished road
What's the chance the latest nightlies could be added for Android?

Magnate is about to release another dealing with the, I feel, major issue of disconnected rooms.

And if it could be done as something other than an .apk, that'd be awesome.

Just lost my level 27 warrior today, got punched by a Master Wight too many times. I got too tap happy

I'd attach the dump but haven't worked out how to get it off the phone and onto here without using a PC.
geoff_tewierik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13, 2011, 20:43   #44
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,060
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_tewierik View Post
What's the chance the latest nightlies could be added for Android?

Magnate is about to release another dealing with the, I feel, major issue of disconnected rooms.

And if it could be done as something other than an .apk, that'd be awesome.

Just lost my level 27 warrior today, got punched by a Master Wight too many times. I got too tap happy

I'd attach the dump but haven't worked out how to get it off the phone and onto here without using a PC.
We don't have an Android expert on the devteam. IMO it would be really good to integrate Android support into the official repo, with main-droid.c and whatever else is necessary. Does anyone familiar with the android port have any idea how much work this would be? Is it worth aiming for?
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2011, 03:20   #45
retrobits
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_tewierik View Post
What's the chance the latest nightlies could be added for Android?

Magnate is about to release another dealing with the, I feel, major issue of disconnected rooms.

And if it could be done as something other than an .apk, that'd be awesome.

Just lost my level 27 warrior today, got punched by a Master Wight too many times. I got too tap happy

I'd attach the dump but haven't worked out how to get it off the phone and onto here without using a PC.
Hi Geoff,

We already have a nightly build set up based on the angband git, details at angdroid.org. Using the Android browser, just tap the link to the nightly apk. When the download is complete, just tap it to pop up the installer.

Not sure what you mean about not wanting an apk? Android only installs apk. Thats like asking for a ride in a car, but not an automobile. Maybe you mean that you want the nightly apk hosted on the Market? Unfortunately I don't know an automated way to make that happen.

Last edited by retrobits; April 14, 2011 at 05:43.
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2011, 03:24   #46
retrobits
Scout
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 29
retrobits is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
We don't have an Android expert on the devteam. IMO it would be really good to integrate Android support into the official repo, with main-droid.c and whatever else is necessary. Does anyone familiar with the android port have any idea how much work this would be? Is it worth aiming for?
I'd be willing to take a crack at it. The Android port is built with java and ant, but I could front end it with make. Not sure how I could include the makefile.src/makefile.inc stuff yet, but there's probably a way. The Android native libraries are built a little differently than the standard set of make rules.
retrobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2011, 12:02   #47
geoff_tewierik
Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 140
geoff_tewierik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
We already have a nightly build set up based on the angband git, details at angdroid.org. Using the Android browser, just tap the link to the nightly apk. When the download is complete, just tap it to pop up the installer.
Here's where I failed, I downloaded the nightly apk from angdroid onto my work PC (Windows XP) and then, because I couldn't open it, started the process of downloading the required Android files to acess it. Never thought of accessing angdroid with my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
Not sure what you mean about not wanting an apk? Android only installs apk. Thats like asking for a ride in a car, but not an automobile. Maybe you mean that you want the nightly apk hosted on the Market? Unfortunately I don't know an automated way to make that happen.
I appreciate your efforts in explaining, my not wanting an apk was due to my misunderstanding of how to install the nightly on my phone. Thanks for the tips, best thing about this happening is I learn more about what Android can do.

Cheers,

GT
geoff_tewierik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2011, 21:09   #48
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,060
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrobits View Post
I'd be willing to take a crack at it. The Android port is built with java and ant, but I could front end it with make. Not sure how I could include the makefile.src/makefile.inc stuff yet, but there's probably a way. The Android native libraries are built a little differently than the standard set of make rules.
Well, I'm not an expert - if they're too different there's little to be gained from integration. But my original thought was that it would be good to integrate because we can auto-build to check that changes haven't broken any of the ports. (One of the devs regularly breaks the GTK port!)

Do you know anything about building for android on i386 linux? I currently build gcu, x11, gtk, sdl and windows, and would be happy to set up a regular android cross-compile.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2011, 21:14   #49
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 40
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Do you know anything about building for android on i386 linux? I currently build gcu, x11, gtk, sdl and windows, and would be happy to set up a regular android cross-compile.
You can totally develop Android apps on Linux. I actually just built a (very) simple one at work. If you google it there are great instructions provided by the Android folks.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2011, 21:30   #50
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,060
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
You can totally develop Android apps on Linux. I actually just built a (very) simple one at work. If you google it there are great instructions provided by the Android folks.
Sure, but I'm not looking to set up an android dev env from scratch - I'm interested in adding it to my home git environment. For example, to cross-compile for windows I did "sudo apt-get install mingw32" and added a single alias to .bashrc (cd src; make -f Makefile.win -longcrosscompilewibbleoption). I was kinda wondering whether cross-compiling for android can be boiled down to something not much more complex than that ;-)
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.