Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old October 5, 2008, 09:13   #1
cerberus
Rookie

cerberus is on a distinguished road
Macro Problem?

I'm sorry if this has come up before or if this is not the right place to mention it but I think I've found a bug related to removing macros. This is in 3.0.9b.

Short Story:
When you remove a macro it just creates a new macro of the key bound to that key. This causes problems when you remove a macro from 'p' and/or 'g' and visit your home/a shop.

Long Story:
So I was looking for a key to bind my auto-shoot macro to and chose 'g'. This was going swimingly until I surfaced and realised I couldn't sell things from slot g in my bag anymore. So I just removed the macro from 'g' and re-created it on 'G'. So far so good. Much later I returned to my home where I had 2 scrolls of identify, I tried to pick them up 'g' -> Quantity (0-2, *=all): -> 2 -> Quantity (0-0, *=all): .... Argh I'm stuck! No input would work, my inventory has the 2 scrolls but so does my house ... Only way out of this situation was to kill the process. After much head scratching trying to figure out what was causing this I discovered in my .prf file that there is a macro bound to 'g' of 'g', and this causes this bad behaviour. To fix it I just removed the macro from my prf file (which is what I assumed the remove macro function would do).

Yay for long stories
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2008, 11:45   #2
Garrie
Adept

Garrie is on a distinguished road
Rather than killing process etc, you can manually edit the .prf then reload it (assuming it is a "character name.prf" not "race.prf" or "class.prf") while the program is still running.

Mind you if it's reproducable it's a bad bug that needs fixing I guess (says me still playing 3.0.5)
Old October 6, 2008, 12:11   #3
cerberus
Rookie

cerberus is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately because you get stuck trying to answer the question:
Quantity (0-0, *=all):
No other input works, how do you reload your .prf file though? Also because I'm in a shop I can't exit the game gracefully.

Incidentally the macro problem actually exists in 3.0.5, it's just that it doesn't cause a problem with the old school (and preferred for me :P) method of :
get -> item -> quantity

Easily reproduced btw start a new character ->
go into the macro menu ... remove macro for g ... go to your home ... drop your torches ... pick them all up using 'g'
- or (even worse) -
go into the macro menu ... remove macro for p ... got to a shop ... buy something ...

Last edited by cerberus; October 6, 2008 at 12:17.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2008, 09:45   #4
Garrie
Adept

Garrie is on a distinguished road
I think macros shouldn't work the way you are talking about them... keymaps do but macros don't...

to reload a "character name".prf in 3.0.5 the key sequence is <@><9><enter> - come to think of it "character name".prf is the default so you can enter a new name (say warrior.prf) between the <9> and the <enter>.