Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old June 26, 2019, 20:54   #121
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
I think something's also changed about monster allocation in vaults, making vault monsters less dangerous at least in the early game; which may be an even larger reason for the difficulty discrepancy I'm seeing. I'll have to figure out what that is and see if it should be reverted with the wacky rooms option on.

(Update: Seems Chris just flat-out nerfed OOD vault monsters. Reverting this with the option on only increases the gap between lesser vaults and greater vaults, though, so that question remains current. It seems fairly clear to me that allowing lesser vaults on tiny levels is an easy-mode, but I have no idea if users of the option would find that desirable or repulsive.)

Last edited by Sideways; June 26, 2019 at 21:57.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2019, 22:27   #122
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Had to reinstall on a fresh disk after old HDD died. Since then I occasionally have a weird display issue.

Some dropped items have a string of # after the name. Like this, (sorry for the Photobucket Watermark)
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2019, 01:35   #123
Sideways
Swordsman

That's a strange bug, no idea what's happening there.
Old July 4, 2019, 19:06   #124
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
It got so bad I had to delete the install and reinstall. Also was picking up corpses and skeletons as a Demigod Psion. Creeping corruption until by Warrens 5 the bogus items became unsalable, undroppable.

Reinstalled this morning and played for an hour fine.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2019, 00:24   #125
Sideways
Swordsman

7.1.chocolate will be released fairly soon, likely on Friday or Saturday. Too late to add any new stuff into this release that would require serious testing, but if there are any minor changes or simple quality-of-life improvements you would like to see, last-minute suggestions are still welcome! And of course, other suggestions are also welcome, they'll just take longer to be implemented

--

My decision on wacky rooms was to force levels to be large enough to accommodate greater vaults, unless level size is set to "Tiny" or "Extremely Small", in which case lesser vaults will be accepted.
Old July 16, 2019, 04:19   #126
Susramanian
Scout

Susramanian is on a distinguished road
I'm excited for the release. Can't wait to see what all you did with Heaven and Hell. First thing I'm doing is making a weaponsmith to explore them!

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I recall being frustrated with my last weaponsmith. I had a Diamond Edge that I had found in Heaven, used a scroll of crafting on it, didn't like the result, and removed essences from it so I could try again. But the Diamond Edge no longer had a high item level (if that's even the appropriate term). I think it was only level 50 or something for all subsequent crafting attempts. Not sure if that's a bug or intended behavior, but I'd like to request that it doesn't happen
Susramanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2019, 00:22   #127
Sideways
Swordsman

Crafting uses the player's level (in your case that would be 50) as object level; so it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) matter what depth you read ?Crafting at, and it also doesn't matter what the native depth of the target object or target object's kind is.
Old July 18, 2019, 12:48   #128
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
A minor inconsistency with the tyrannosaurus. The undead versions lack long reach.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2019, 14:33   #129
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
A minor inconsistency with the tyrannosaurus. The undead versions lack long reach.
fixed in cpb
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2019, 15:22   #130
Sideways
Swordsman

I didn't add that simply because spectral tyrannosaurus is already one of the most dangerous monsters at its level, I didn't think it needed to be buffed even further.

Composband doesn't need to worry about that because of how buff the player is there

Tags
frogcomposband