Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 20, 2012, 15:56   #51
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalde View Post
Hi.

I noticed one strange thing when I use Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' as a swap weapon against dragons: "You are wielding Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' (4d6) (+19,+21) <+4, +2>. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up." Same double wake up message every time I wear that weapon where monsters are still a sleep. Can some1 confirm this bug?

- donalde -
Zarcutha aggravates so I can understand that 1st message of Monsters waking up, aggravate wakes all monsters up around you, but not sure why it double messages like that.
Old May 20, 2012, 16:03   #52
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hi.

I noticed one strange thing when I use Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' as a swap weapon against dragons: "You are wielding Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' (4d6) (+19,+21) <+4, +2>. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up." Same double wake up message every time I wear that weapon where monsters are still a sleep. Can some1 confirm this bug?

- donalde -
Thanks for spotting, I'll see if I can figure out a quick fix.

edit: I have a pull request for a fix in official/master, should be in shortly.

Last edited by fizzix; May 20, 2012 at 16:12.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 22:27   #53
donalde
Apprentice

donalde is on a distinguished road
Another (Very nasty) bug

This should be easy to reproduce: I have total of 190 arrows in Quiver. I have full backpack. When I wear arrows from ground, game ask me what stack of arrows I want to unwear. That causes me to drop my swap weapon, inscribed with @w1!d!k!v. So how I can drop !d inscribed weapon without confirmation?
donalde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 23:29   #54
fizzix
Prophet

Quote:
This should be easy to reproduce: I have total of 190 arrows in Quiver. I have full backpack. When I wear arrows from ground, game ask me what stack of arrows I want to unwear. That causes me to drop my swap weapon, inscribed with @w1!d!k!v. So how I can drop !d inscribed weapon without confirmation?
Yeah, this is a tough bug and it's been around for a while, and I'm not sure there's been anyone who's come up with a good solution (bug exists in 3.4 still). It has to do with crappy interplay between the quiver and the rest of the inventory. I guess the ideal solution would be to only allow you to take the amount of arrows that would fit in your quiver without overflowing to a new slot.
Old May 26, 2012, 00:04   #55
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzix View Post
Yeah, this is a tough bug and it's been around for a while, and I'm not sure there's been anyone who's come up with a good solution (bug exists in 3.4 still). It has to do with crappy interplay between the quiver and the rest of the inventory. I guess the ideal solution would be to only allow you to take the amount of arrows that would fit in your quiver without overflowing to a new slot.
I have a different suggestion: if picking up the new arrows would cause the quiver to overflow into a new slot but no spare inv slot is available, drop the last stack of arrows in the quiver rather than anything from the pack. IMO this is much more intuitive and less likely to lead to the kind of WTF? moments donalde describes.
Old May 27, 2012, 19:01   #56
DrMmmPie
Rookie

DrMmmPie is on a distinguished road
When using my mobile (Sony Ericsson Xperia) and trying to post a Character dump, from the web browser, I go to where the .txt file is on my mobile. But when I try and post it, I get accused of hacking.

However I took said file off my mobile onto my laptop and was able to post it fine. So not sure where the problem lies.
Old May 27, 2012, 21:18   #57
fizzix
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I have a different suggestion: if picking up the new arrows would cause the quiver to overflow into a new slot but no spare inv slot is available, drop the last stack of arrows in the quiver rather than anything from the pack. IMO this is much more intuitive and less likely to lead to the kind of WTF? moments donalde describes.
How easy is this to change? I have never dealt with the inventory management sections of the code to be honest.
Old May 28, 2012, 00:50   #58
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzix View Post
How easy is this to change? I have never dealt with the inventory management sections of the code to be honest.
I don't know either. It might be trivial, but it might be horrendous - the inv code is a colossal edifice and it might come tumbling down. d_m did the quiver, so maybe he's best place to assess the difficulty ....