AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old April 2, 2012, 02:31   #21
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nppangband View Post
Yep. Its about time we take this whole thing closed source and start charging these hippie-dippie freeloaders. No more object drops with great items or artifacts. They should have to buy "Angband points" that they can use to get the objects they need to win the game.
Why not sell savefiles on e-bay?
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2012, 04:24   #22
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nppangband View Post
Yep. Its about time we take this whole thing closed source and start charging these hippie-dippie freeloaders. No more object drops with great items or artifacts. They should have to buy "Angband points" that they can use to get the objects they need to win the game.
Well, to do this properly you need to have an in-game exchange where players can sell their Angband Points to other players for in-game money or experience. Then we greatly increase the experience requirements past level 10 or so and require players to be of a certain minimum level to reach each dungeon depth. So you can play Angband for free if you're willing to grind for the resources needed to buy Angband Points on the open market, or you can just buy them with real money instead and (if you're a busy guy in a hurry) you can exchange your extra for an edge in the game!
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2012, 09:21   #23
Cold_Heart
Adept

Cold_Heart is on a distinguished road
Not sure if serious or just trolling
Cold_Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2012, 09:27   #24
Mikko Lehtinen
Veteran

Mikko Lehtinen is on a distinguished road
It may be that these ideas aren't quite ready for Vanilla or even v4 yet. I think we should introduce v5! All the ideas in this thread and lots more could go right in, and be playtested properly.
Mikko Lehtinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2012, 10:00   #25
Shockbolt
Knight

Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt
Why not make a Chuck Norris class and have the player win right after creating his character. That way it would save alot of time, time that can be spent twiddling thumbs on the couch, taking out the trash, cleaning the apartment etc
Old April 2, 2012, 10:23   #26
Shockbolt
Knight

And yes, my above post was not meant to be taken serious.

I fear that by losing the Angband mantainers, the game will become so totally different than what it is now, so as a player I fear the worst when you programmers let this and that idea seep into the game.

Please save the "wild ideas" for the variants, and instead improve to perfection what is currently angband vanilla.
Old April 2, 2012, 10:25   #27
ghengiz
Adept

ghengiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
Why not make a Chuck Norris class and have the player win right after creating his character. That way it would save alot of time, time that can be spent twiddling thumbs on the couch, taking out the trash, cleaning the apartment etc
Good one.
Speaking of new classes, what do you think of the following ones?

The psychiatrist: talk your way into the dungeon, convince Morgoth to suicide, or Sauron to kill him.

The (not really tuned) bard: charm allies with melodies, or make lower-level-than-you monster flee with your horrible shrieks (OTOH the more powerful ones would have one more reason to kill you).

The superhero (only human, but, at creation, can choose two traits of the other races, for example hold life and resist poison; STR, DEX and CON boosted).
ghengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2012, 10:30   #28
ghengiz
Adept

ghengiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
And yes, my above post was not meant to be taken serious.

I fear that by losing the Angband mantainers, the game will become so totally different than what it is now, so as a player I fear the worst when you programmers let this and that idea seep into the game.

Please save the "wild ideas" for the variants, and instead improve to perfection what is currently angband vanilla.
Well, I don't think this would happen, for all the wild ideas in this thread originated from Magnate's april fools day's post, so obviously they should not be taken seriously at all...not for vanilla anyway
ghengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2012, 10:40   #29
Shockbolt
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengiz View Post
Well, I don't think this would happen, for all the wild ideas in this thread originated from Magnate's april fools day's post, so obviously they should not be taken seriously at all...not for vanilla anyway

You never know...
Old April 2, 2012, 11:31   #30
Cold_Heart
Adept

Cold_Heart is on a distinguished road
So crafting and smithing are considered purely april fool's ideas? Makes me wonder why ...
Cold_Heart is offline   Reply With Quote