AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old April 27, 2019, 16:31   #11
AndyS
Apprentice

AndyS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
How much of the level have you destructed? It feels a bit to me like the game struggles to place him on a fully destructed level. It's certainly where I've seen it happen. Took a quick look & couldn't see any reason why that'd be. I'll have a closer look later, I'm just away for a couple of a days.
Not that much, Maybe I can take a screenshot of the level later. I only used 2 *destruction* scrolls. I made a lot of summoning corridors because I had nothing else to do
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2019, 03:27   #12
Grotug
Veteran

Grotug is on a distinguished road
Have you tried killing things to see if anyone drops summoning staves? If you've squelched summoning staves I'd unsquelch and see if you can't summon Morgoth.
Old April 28, 2019, 18:41   #13
AndyS
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotug View Post
Have you tried killing things to see if anyone drops summoning staves? If you've squelched summoning staves I'd unsquelch and see if you can't summon Morgoth.
Oh I hadn't thought of that, good idea thanks. I havent killed the character, though I was tempted to. Because I started a new character yesterday (have him down to dl70 but need to slow down now or wont have consumables) but losing the memories and having to ignore all of the items as i discover them again is a bit of a nuisance.

Ive killed hundreds and hundreds of monsters on that level. Im sure when I try unignoring there will be a staff. Whether it summons him we shall see but definitely worth a try.

I did leave a few quylthings (i dont feel like looking up the spelling alive for a while and they summoned everything but Morgoth, then I thought maybe they were somehow preventing him so I killed them too
Old April 29, 2019, 22:32   #14
AndyS
Apprentice

Quote:
Just to follow up. I dont *think* the terrain is an issue, as I said i only used two destruction scrolls. But I wonder if items are. For fun I unignored everything and there are 379 items on the floor lol. After sleeping for hundreds of 1000s of turns there are a lot of monsters and even old Quaker showed up. Other than Morgoth Im pretty much invincible, I fight everything like they are yeeks i dont even look at my HP. But I wonder if too many items on the level could interfere. Although of course there werent any unusual amount when M first dipped. I think he's just afraid of me

One cool thing I found (although dont get me wrong, this is boring as hell) was a plus 15 damage ring. Ive never seen one over 13 before. Its really cursed and fragile now. But holy cow, when I swap out nenya for it, I get a whopping 70 additional pts vs evil per round.

Still no summoning staff though!

edit: i decided i will never kill the character. Ill revisit it every few months Ill probably die in RL before Scurvis does. He's like a ghost in limbo.

Last edited by AndyS; April 29, 2019 at 22:41.
Old April 30, 2019, 01:27   #15
AndyS
Apprentice

Oh my, there he is. At standard turn 328906. I imagine he should be at full health.....
Old April 30, 2019, 16:12   #16
Grotug
Veteran

Grotug is on a distinguished road
Nice! Now don't die fighting him, that would be... rather anticlimactic.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Other than Morgoth Im pretty much invincible, I fight everything like they are yeeks i dont even look at my HP.
You don't value rPoison very much, huh? I'd be a little cautious running around at DL100 without rPois, unless you were just wearing the balance dragon armor for a quick sec to see how good you look in it.

Last edited by Grotug; April 30, 2019 at 16:19.
Grotug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2019, 18:17   #17
AndyS
Apprentice

Quote:
Nice! Now don't die fighting him, that would be... rather anticlimactic.

EDIT:

You don't value rPoison very much, huh? I'd be a little cautious running around at DL100 without rPois, unless you were just wearing the balance dragon armor for a quick sec to see how good you look in it.
I have a MHD armour on the floor somewhere if it isnt in my bag that i was swapping it and res-potions Yeah res. poison is to me probably rthe second most important thing in the game after FA. Not so much down here but i find if i can get to 20 with FA and 40 with res-poison I can usually get to 100 but have lost to morgoth eaxh time when playing ironman. Hopefullythis game I will try tonight. After feeling his return was hopeless I didnt want to ruin the game last night when i was tired. He will still be hard with my consumables. Hopefully I can beat him so I can try the new version.

Is saruman harder with a mage? I find he is way too easy with a warrior. I dont think hes ever even come within a turn of killing me. Not only are there much tougher uniques , there are non uniques not far off
Old April 30, 2019, 20:06   #18
Adam
Adept

Adam is on a distinguished road
Good luck
It's a pity that you did not find a single trickery which would max out dex and also sustain it (and would perfectly fill those 2 missing resist holes).

Last edited by Adam; April 30, 2019 at 20:12.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2019, 21:28   #19
AndyS
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Good luck
It's a pity that you did not find a single trickery which would max out dex and also sustain it (and would perfectly fill those 2 missing resist holes).
Yeah I know right? I had at least one. I didnt get as much damage with it as the weaponmastery and I honestly cant remember now but Im not sure i had dienchantment at the time. Still im suure i could have squelched something smarter. I still make a lot of bad decisions.

I should have kept it for the sustain dex alone now that i think about it. That will be a problem with M's melee attacks. Once he drops your dexterity s few times youd damage per round will never keep up, Id need a ton of potions.

After all that waiting I may just have to destruct him again haha and try to get potions and scrolls. I promise I wont whine about it here if i do.
Old April 30, 2019, 21:39   #20
Adam
Adept

Adam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Yeah I know right? I had at least one. I didnt get as much damage with it as the weaponmastery and I honestly cant remember now but Im not sure i had dienchantment at the time. Still im suure i could have squelched something smarter. I still make a lot of bad decisions.
I was thinking exactly about how much damage you would lose with 18/200 DEX and + 3 speed but without the damage bonus. Probably also interesting to compare if you lose 1-2 points of DEX in the final fight.
I play too few melee characters
I thought you did not find trickery because I saw you are carrying a CON potion which seemed less useful for me (CON is maxed out and 3 armor pieces sustain CON - yeah I know sustain does not protect against time hounds). But it's true I just see the current setup and not the various states when you had to make decisions.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote