Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 27, 2019, 22:22   #161
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Bug: Trap Immunity rune is not learned from Boots of Wormtongue, even though @ is walking over traps left and right with impunity.
OK, thanks.

Quote:
Edit: Also, the Boots of Wormtongue say they have +1 movement speed, but even though @ has plenty of weight carrying capacity and is not overfed, no speed bump is shown on the character's speed. Where is the speed?
Movement speed means only speed while moving. It's like extra shots, with +1 movement speed you get to take a step with half the normal move energy.
Old September 27, 2019, 23:33   #162
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Movement speed means only speed while moving. It's like extra shots, with +1 movement speed you get to take a step with half the normal move energy.
I think I understand what you mean, though I don't think it's very clear from any description and no indication is apparent on the Character Information Screen.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2019, 06:49   #163
Rookie

... is on a distinguished road
I had a longer break then installed 4.2.0. Here's, some experience from playing as dundan priest:
• I really like the new features. Runes, breathes, lava, new lights.
• There are (rare) bugs with some traps. I'm not sure exactly what happens, but I think it is when I step on a trap, the game crashes. When I start it again the trap is replaced with a wall block.
• Heavy weapons do much more damage than the light ones. Maybe it is specific to priests who get typically only one hit with any weapon at the beginning, and at some point quickly reach the maximum number of hits. The result is however when you find a decent lance, you can forget of daggers, swords until you start finding greater weapons. So many artifacts or ego weapons can't get any use.
• I found boots of Wormtongue. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post spoilers on the forum, so let me just just write that they have a rune that no other item has, and it doesn't seem to do anything (unless I miss something!...). I wonder if this is a bug.
• Even if I set to ignore every type of money, I can still see them with the detection abilities. Is it intentional?
• Newly added monsters (e.g. witches, trees, blackguards) miss sprites (I think the ones I used were 8x8)
... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2019, 15:15   #164
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
The new rune is trap immunity. Love it. But seems not to auto-id correctly on those boots
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2019, 20:36   #165
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Odd message, possibly a bug, or just strange syntax: "You remember hearing a roar. It yelps feebly." This in response to the spill of an Orb of Destruction on a monster just out of sight.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
Old September 28, 2019, 21:44   #166
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Odd message, possibly a bug, or just strange syntax: "You remember hearing a roar. It yelps feebly." This in response to the spill of an Orb of Destruction on a monster just out of sight.
Yeah I thought that one was odd too. I think you'll find a time critter breathed at you, but I'm not 100% certain
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2019, 05:24   #167
Rookie

... is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbee View Post
The new rune is trap immunity. Love it. But seems not to auto-id correctly on those boots
Actually I meant movement speed, and when I started to read this thread I found an explanation just above my post. Silly me!
... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2019, 07:38   #168
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Okay another Bug: @ just got breathed on by Scatha the Worm.

"Scatha the Worm breathes frost.
One of your potions of Cure Critical Wounds was destroyed!
You feel your life force draining away!"

What?!!! @ isn't wearing any cursed experience drain items. @ wasn't hit by any other monster. Since when did Scatha's frost breath drain experience?!!

That's just not right!
Old September 29, 2019, 10:43   #169
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Okay another Bug: @ just got breathed on by Scatha the Worm.

"Scatha the Worm breathes frost.
One of your potions of Cure Critical Wounds was destroyed!
You feel your life force draining away!"

What?!!! @ isn't wearing any cursed experience drain items. @ wasn't hit by any other monster. Since when did Scatha's frost breath drain experience?!!
Since 1st of January this year, if you want to be precise

Highly damaging attacks from powerful monsters can now have extra side-effects - cold can drain life or DEX, fire can blind or poison, etc. As I guess you've noticed, it's rare...
Old September 29, 2019, 11:18   #170
fph
Knight

fph is on a distinguished road
You have a weird way to send new year wishes...
Never noticed it either. How exactly is it tied to damage? Is it something that will mostly affect only melee-heavy characters, given how the new breath mechanics work?
fph is offline   Reply With Quote