Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Oook!

Old May 2, 2007, 20:13   #31
petebull
Apprentice

Donated: $5.70
petebull is on a distinguished road
I'm Peter and I play Angband since '98. Later I found ToME and play that quite a lot. On and off I play NPP since 0.4.x. Never won any game. I will try Quickband very soon. My recent time killer is FAangband while waiting for T3.
petebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2007, 17:35   #32
Aizkolari
Rookie

Aizkolari is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm Aizkolari and start to play roguelikes about 13 years ago with Moria. I'm been playing Vainilla on and off for 5 years o so. I like playing spellcasting classes, usually mages or, depending of the game, the more similar to a mage.

Aizkolari
Aizkolari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6, 2007, 21:03   #33
Warrior
Rookie

Warrior is on a distinguished road
I'm Warrior and I started out with Moria around 89-90, won with a paladin, then found Angband in 95, won it with a mage. Then I found MAngband in early 97 and been playing that ever since and quite recently won it for the first time, with a Dunadan Warrior.
And, as you may have guessed... I prefer Warriors

Last edited by Warrior; April 12, 2009 at 18:49.
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2007, 02:13   #34
Daven_26d1
Adept

Daven_26d1 is on a distinguished road
Hi all, I'm Dave and I've been playing Angband for 2-3 years now. The fresh Vanilla releases have totally gotten me hooked on the game again, to the detriment of all the other stuff I'm supposed to get done!

I used to be better at angband, but I also had a secret technique that would allow me to enter a relaxed and thoughtful state of mind; but seeing as how my gf gave birth to my son 6 months ago, I can't really sit at the computer getting.. er relaxed and thoughful all day

My last @ was a High-Elf warrior, playing in ironman mode. I made it to 1950' spending only 30/48 pts on stats (most of the rest on ?Id) before I died of stoopid.
His replacement is a Dunadan paladin, presently at 600' and carrying a ring of damage(+9) and a ring of lightning(+7), but wearing a ring of teleport & a ring of aggravate monster.... I didn't save as much $ for ?Id scrolls this time!
Daven_26d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2007, 13:08   #35
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Oops, missed this thread when I registered a couple of months back.

I'm Chris, and I discovered Angband in 2000, almost a decade after sinking hundreds of hours into Moria. I have never won, and spend most of my time nowadays playing S or O. I have briefly tried Z, NPP, Mang and even GSN, but there just aren't enough gaming hours in a day.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2007, 14:04   #36
TJA
Adept

TJA is on a distinguished road
Hello,
i´m Thomas from Germany and played Angband about 8 years ago ...
Visited the newsgroups at that time

Now, i am having a look at RogueLikes again.

So far, i noticed that NetHack and Angband are still alive and maintained - good
It seems, that NetHack is a bit more abandoned then usual, having Slash´EM the most active spawn ...
At Angband, the most active spawn seems to be ToME.

So, i will try out all four of them

Also, i noticed some old and new RogueLikes that (still) seem promising: ADOM (still not OpenSource, even going commercial) and Dungeon Crawl / Crawl (Stone Soup). Also, IVAN looks very interesting ...

So much to look at

Any experience with the above?
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2007, 10:14   #37
Rizwan
Swordsman

Rizwan is on a distinguished road
Hello

I started in the early 1990's playing Rogue and Moria and then moved to Angband. Ive played on and off and have never won a game yet but I still think its one of the most addictive games ever. It even stands up to all those shiny new graphics heavy games.
Rizwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2007, 08:17   #38
Djabanete
Knight

Djabanete is on a distinguished road
Wow, looks like I never said hi.

Hi, my name is Andrew! I'm 19 and I'm a physics student at UC Berkeley. I've been playing roguelikes on and off since I was six years old, my dad started me on Hack and Moria... and (as a consequence?) I've never liked a computer game with graphics more complex than Starcraft. Yes, I hate tiles and I use the roguelike keyset.

Mostly when I play nowadays I do vanilla-town Entroband speed-divers. I tend to first-stair dive, so my even my longest-lived characters don't get past dungeon level 45 or so. Entro is zany and cruel. My master plan is to win in this way with every race/class combo, starting with the plain old human warrior.
Djabanete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2007, 16:59   #39
suizi
Rookie

suizi is on a distinguished road
Hi - I am Suizi. It's nice to be able to communicate with others who play Angband. I've been playing for many years. I am a Dwarven Warrior who absolutely HAS to sing and dance while in the dungeons. Which doesn't help much when I know I should be very very quiet! oh, well, one day Morgoth...one day.
suizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2007, 22:58   #40
Dragonboneman
Adept

Dragonboneman is on a distinguished road
I really should post something in here since I've been actively posting elsewhere for a bit now. I'm Neil, 30, and have been slaughtering random letters for a few years now, but for the last 3 or so I've been playing Vanilla almost exclusively - although I do dabble in variants from time to time.
I have sent legion @ symbols to their deaths and have three winners to show for it - two High Elf Rangers (one at level 48) and a Dunadan Warrior. All are immortalised here on the oook, and I'm now trying to reciprocate the coaching I received without causing too many disasters.
I've challenged myself to win Angband with each class, using a different race each time. Should keep me busy for a while.
Dragonboneman is offline   Reply With Quote