AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old May 4, 2020, 17:15   #61
budswell
Apprentice

budswell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caruso;144943[*
shift + NumPad never causes my character to run, neither with or wothout capslock. I'm using a QWERTZ keyboard on Windows 10.
Did you mean numlock? As far as I know capslock has no effect on running. But for me shift+numpad running only works if I turn numlock off
budswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2020, 19:48   #62
caruso
Adept

caruso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I tried to warn you in the e-mail that you'd have to walk over the zero daggers that were causing the problem before you could use the object list, sorry if I was not sufficiently clear about that.
All good; I should have read your e-mail more carefully
Quote:
I will clarify that wording, and also change the feedback message to make it clearer to the player what's happening.
Good idea
Quote:
Not quite sure I would like those myself, but they could potentially be options, thanks for the suggestions.
It's not that important, so feel free to scrap them if the list of options is getting too long.

Quote:
Not entirely sure what you mean by draining, since that term could apply to a number of different concepts; but my first guess is that you're referring to vampiric attacks. Vampiric attacks are already covered in the FAQ, and the only FAQ hits for the word "drain" occur in that section.
Yes, I was probably speaking Stone Soup there...
Quote:
Monsters cannot recover the max-HP lost to vampiric draining, but uniques who spawn again later will spawn with their full, normal HP. I think placing a monster in a capture ball will also restore the lost max-HP, so you could "heal" a vampirised pet that way.
My Cherub has been restored to full max HP; I can tell thanks to that staff of Probing. I might be able to tell later on whether that was because of capturing it.
caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2020, 19:50   #63
caruso
Adept

caruso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by budswell View Post
Did you mean numlock? As far as I know capslock has no effect on running. But for me shift+numpad running only works if I turn numlock off
Indeed, that worked! Thanks a lot! It's been such a long time that I last played a roguelike that I even confused capslock with numlock
caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 06:16   #64
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
My current Tonberry Chaos-Warrior reincarnation (EternalNorseForce811, as HugoV5 on angband.live) got rewarded the 'Dazzle' ability at around clvl 11 with a 49% failrate. Dazzle can function as early as clvl 7 (on the 'U' command's menu). It's missing the slowing effect and this is the only difference from the Confusing Lights 'U' ability. Shouldn't Dazzle be a higher clvl ability via 'U'? Just asking even though my Chaos-Warriors seldomly even have this Dazzle opportunity...Note how the Confusing Lights ability is not even usable at all until clvl 40. Even at clvl 40, the Confusing Lights' failrate tends to be high and difficulty to overcome

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; May 13, 2020 at 06:53.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 11:47   #65
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Dazzle is also missing the stasis effect.

That said, it is still a very good mut and could reasonably be much higher-level; but at the same time, it isn't badly out of line with other mutation powers, which are generally very low-level and for good reasons. It is very annoying when you get a mutation power and can't actually use it until much later; and taking advantage of this particular mut at low levels will be hard anyway (even if you are lucky enough to get it!) due to the high cost and failrate. Laser Eye, one of the best mutation powers, is also level 7 but often practically unusable in the early game; and Dazzle has a higher cost and higher difficulty.

Also, since the power of the Dazzle mut scales with CL, it isn't game-breakingly strong at CL 7.
Old May 15, 2020, 09:12   #66
TheQuest
Apprentice

TheQuest is on a distinguished road
Seems like when playing as Ring my summons are not highlighted even if such option is turned on (in P menu).

They should not be white, if I remember correctly.
Old May 15, 2020, 09:27   #67
TheQuest
Apprentice

Some suggestions for future releases

Wider [ and ] windows
Would be nice if they are at least the same with as inventory window. Currently, even if places list is kind of OK, monster list width is too narrow.

Loop [ and ] when navigating with arrows
The idea here is to jump to last item in list when fist one is selected and I press UP. The same mechanics when last one is selected and I press DOWN.

Last edited by TheQuest; May 15, 2020 at 10:30.
TheQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2020, 11:25   #68
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuest View Post
Wider [ and ] windows
Would be nice if they are at least the same with as inventory window. Currently, even if places list is kind of OK, monster list width is too narrow.
Maybe I'm just really used to the current width, but I've never had any problems with it, and sometimes I'm outright happy that it doesn't hide more of the map. Someone else did also suggest making it wider, though, so clearly you are not alone with your thoughts. I could try to allow customizing the width, which is the true FrogComposband solution

Quote:
Loop [ and ] when navigating with arrows
Will look into this too, thanks.

Quote:
Seems like when playing as Ring my summons are not highlighted even if such option is turned on (in P menu).
I can't reproduce this issue. Are you sure you have "Highlight pets on map" on, and not just "Highlight pets in lists" (which from the screenshot is obviously on)?
Old May 15, 2020, 13:34   #69
TheQuest
Apprentice

Quote:
I can't reproduce this issue. Are you sure you have "Highlight pets on map" on, and not just "Highlight pets in lists" (which from the screenshot is obviously on)?
Omg you are right! Sorry
Old May 16, 2020, 09:46   #70
TheQuest
Apprentice

I guess at this point you cannot add something like this to mogaminator to pick up items based on dynamic level and value:
Code:
weapons more value than 500*$LEVEL
But maybe this is something that can be implemented in future releases?

Right now I have split this by 10th of levels, for example:
Code:
?:[GEQ $LEVEL 20]
weapons more value than 15000
?:1
?:[GEQ $LEVEL 10]
weapons more value than 5000
?:1

etc.

Tags
frogcomposband