Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 14, 2013, 10:17   #11
Arjen
Adept

Arjen is on a distinguished road
... So thats where you went. Already noticed that you weren't posting a lot anymore. I was fearing you dropped the best variant of Angband and retired to somewhere in RL.

But, you actually combined my two most favorite variants into 1! *faints* Where is the download of my new top one variant?? Need to spam the ladder with some mutating stuff! *inhales* *exhales*
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 10:24   #12
Arjen
Adept

Can I use this tread to spam things I notice?

Like, where can I see my attacks? Got the answer to this one Thx

*edit*

Ahh, chardumps still show.

*edit2*
but not correct as you see the amount of blows you have. Which is in my case (dragon) 1, but I do claw and bite as attacks which so wouldn't it be 2 blows?

*edit3*
Is it normal for a normal speed orc to have 8 hits in a round? Mauhur just wacked my ass this way. Didn't saw it coming that he would do over 75% of my total life in one round.

*edit4*
the game drops multiple spellbooks which can be extreemly munchin when you start to find the dungeonbooks, easy way to make insane amounts of cash. Ofcourse I don't knwo if the 3rd and 4th books also drops in packs. Noticed the dungeonbooks drop with just 1 at a time

*edit5*
Shouldn't the weapon/shield slot be 'left hand/right hand'? You hold your weapons/shield with your hand and not with your arm.

*edit6*
Just noticed that i missed a Sabertooth tiger twice. That's pretty normal, but I also noticed the sabertooth tiger died at blow 1 and after he died I actually attacked (missed) him 2 more times... I think it's a bit cruel to attack a dead opponent. I'm a Master Lich with no weapon equiped.

*edit7*
equiping/unequiping stuff as crossbowmaster makes the game crash.

*edit8*
Maybe the rewards from the bandit and warg quests should be a little bit more focused on the monster. As floating eyeball I still got a sword and a shield. With which hands am I going to wield those.

Last edited by Arjen; January 14, 2013 at 16:24.
Old January 14, 2013, 13:35   #13
Arendil
Apprentice

Arendil is on a distinguished road
Arjen,

Under '~" you have knowledge menu with detailed info about attacks. Still, would be nice to have it in the character screen.
Arendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 14:05   #14
getter77
Adept

getter77 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to getter77 Send a message via MSN to getter77 Send a message via Yahoo to getter77
Looks quite promising indeed.
getter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 19:55   #15
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
equiping/unequiping stuff as crossbowmaster makes the game crash.
This is a nasty bug, and I must confess to not having played any sort of shooting class since forever. A fix has been uploaded here. While I was at it, I fixed a couple other minor bugs, added support for information on shooting and changed the character display to give options to view 'w'eapons or 'b'ows.

The other issue I've heard mentioned are the 'x' characters for unkown grids. That is actually the way Hengband displays them but I guess I must have poked the view_unsafe_grids option to default on at some point. I changed the default back to off for this option but you may need to turn it off manually for existing savefiles if it bothers you (It is on the Map Screen Options page).

Quote:
but not correct as you see the amount of blows you have. Which is in my case (dragon) 1, but I do claw and bite as attacks which so wouldn't it be 2 blows?
Dragons have two different kinds of innate attacks, and the blows displayed are only for the attack in question. Eventually, you can get 4 blows with your claws and 2 with your bite for a total of 6.

Quote:
Is it normal for a normal speed orc to have 8 hits in a round? Mauhur just wacked my ass this way. Didn't saw it coming that he would do over 75% of my total life in one round.
Yup! That's just a double move by Mauhur which is nothing unusual.

Quote:
the game drops multiple spellbooks which can be extreemly munchin when you start to find the dungeonbooks, easy way to make insane amounts of cash. Ofcourse I don't knwo if the 3rd and 4th books also drops in packs
Only first and second books will stack in 1.0.0. I changed this to just first spellbooks in 1.0.1. Another bug was that stat potions in the Black Market would stack (only relevant if you are extremely rich) but alas, that too has been fixed

Quote:
Just noticed that i missed a Sabertooth tiger twice. That's pretty normal, but I also noticed the sabertooth tiger died at blow 1 and after he died I actually attacked (missed) him 2 more times... I think it's a bit cruel to attack a dead opponent. I'm a Master Lich with no weapon equiped.
I tried to fix this but am not sure. I guess I need to play a Lich too?

Anyway, thanks for feedback!!
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2013, 23:01   #16
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Hengband's the one that has random energy gains, right? And PosChengband presumably inherited that trait. So at any time you might be double-moved by a monster, or might get a double move against one. Basically it's not safe to assume that you'll have a turn between each monster's turn, even if you're both at normal speed.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2013, 01:09   #17
Patashu
Knight

Patashu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Hengband's the one that has random energy gains, right? And PosChengband presumably inherited that trait. So at any time you might be double-moved by a monster, or might get a double move against one. Basically it's not safe to assume that you'll have a turn between each monster's turn, even if you're both at normal speed.
That's even eviller than Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, which only randomizes the energy for monster movement, not monster attacking/anything else.
Old January 15, 2013, 07:51   #18
Arjen
Adept

Next bugs found (I bet Ill find more)

As Beholder I went to the sewer at clvl 11 and got drained back by the devilfish to clvl 1. I lost my equipment slot while still being a spectator, after restoring those slots didn't come back. I wasn't wearing rings in them.
Old January 15, 2013, 13:52   #19
Arjen
Adept

I got an idea for the 'gamble shop'. I kind of miss jewelery gambling. As beholder you can't actually buy a lot except potions and scrolls. My cash is piling up and I can't spend it.
Old January 15, 2013, 15:39   #20
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
Next bugs found (I bet Ill find more)

As Beholder I went to the sewer at clvl 11 and got drained back by the devilfish to clvl 1. I lost my equipment slot while still being a spectator, after restoring those slots didn't come back. I wasn't wearing rings in them.
I fixed this for the next release but I think a workaround is to restore your life, save and exit the game, and then restart. Can you recall if your slots came back eventually? Surely you didn't play with no rings until L25!

Xorns are similarly susceptible. (FYI, the bug is using player level to determine the equipment template rather than the current monster form).
chris is offline   Reply With Quote