AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 30, 2019, 04:35   #91
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Check your blows/round without the shield. I believe it gains 0.25 blows? You seem to gain 8 damage taking the shield away without jewellery & 9 with the amulet which would line up with the 0.25 blows x +dam on jewellery. For the ring it's 8 & 12 which is a couple of pts out when I calculate in my head, though keep in mind it gets those figures by making a bunch of combat rolls. They change slightly every turn just from RNG shenanigins. I could be wrong but I think that's what you're seeing there.
You are correct, the blows goes from 2.05 to 2.33. +0.28 blows per round.

I checked several times and the numbers I posted were stable across 10x ~W checks. The Crit %Chance and multiplier changed, but not the damage numbers themselves.

Hard to park the shield, (5,+15) {Ac} Heh heh, but in the sake of butt-kicking...
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2019, 18:40   #92
Sideways
Swordsman

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
I was given to understand that rings of combat applied fully when only one weapon is equipped. I have found a case where that isn't so.
Rings of combat always apply only to the weapon in the same hand as the ring. When one weapon is equipped with both hands, both rings of combat apply because that weapon is in the same hand as the ring for both rings.

Using a shield doesn't allow you to equip the weapon with both hands, so only one ring (the right-hand ring, if the weapon's in your right hand) will apply. Some weapons are too small to be wielded two-handed anyway; in those cases, only the right-hand ring would apply even if you had no shield.
Old January 30, 2019, 19:03   #93
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

@Sideways Thank you for clearing that up. I had always assumed it dealt solely with the number of weapons equipped.

Are there any other Handedness issues with other rings, Wizardry/Archery/etc...?
Old January 30, 2019, 19:43   #94
Sideways
Swordsman

Quote:
@Sideways Thank you for clearing that up. I had always assumed it dealt solely with the number of weapons equipped.

Are there any other Handedness issues with other rings, Wizardry/Archery/etc...?
Anything related to melee combat. So melee bonuses on ring randarts (or Rings of the Dwarves/Nazgul) work the same as combat rings, ditto Weaponmastery on rings of power (or ring randarts); but not wizardry/archery.
Old January 31, 2019, 09:28   #95
MITZE
Apprentice

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Just been to the bank for the first time . . .

EDIT: Nothing here, move along.

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Last edited by MITZE; February 1, 2019 at 05:35. Reason: Because in hindsight it isn't so funny.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2019, 10:51   #96
MITZE
Apprentice

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bugfixes

!Clarity and I suspect !GreaterClarity and !RestoreMana work for restoring rage-mage SPs; they probably should not (like they don't with rune-knights IIRC). Ditto with whatever the SP-restoring staves were called.

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:42   #97
CyclopsSlayer
Swordsman

Possible Bug

I was playing with the options auto_detect_traps and auto_map_area on and had found a rod of Detection. My Char's Int is truly pathetic so the Rod has a, iirc, 33% failure chance. I noticed as I was moving about that the rod was triggering easily.
So, does the auto code only check for charges/scrolls and ignores failure chance?

Fairly minor and I turn those option off and walk carefully late game, but still?
Old Today, 06:41   #98
Sideways
Swordsman

Quote:
I was playing with the options auto_detect_traps and auto_map_area on and had found a rod of Detection. My Char's Int is truly pathetic so the Rod has a, iirc, 33% failure chance. I noticed as I was moving about that the rod was triggering easily.
So, does the auto code only check for charges/scrolls and ignores failure chance?

Fairly minor and I turn those option off and walk carefully late game, but still?
This sounds like the same issue we discussed in early December, am I missing some difference here?

Tags
frogcomposband