Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Competition

Old June 6, 2011, 06:54   #11
Mikko Lehtinen
Veteran

Mikko Lehtinen is on a distinguished road
A quick note for frustrated mappers: INT helps quite a lot, so you may want to consider restoring it after disease. I often carry INT boosting items, and put them on before descending.

Based on the reports, I'm considering removing Scroll of Curse Equipment. It doesn't seem to add to the fun.
Mikko Lehtinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2011, 13:23   #12
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Though I was adversely affected by Curse Equipment, I wouldn't say get rid of it. It rendered most of my normally enchanted armour useless (but a few survived with a positive enchantment), but those are easily replaced (with normal items). My nifty weapon took a hit, but I still use it. In other words it set me back a little, but wasn't game breaking. I'll be paying more attention to CE in future games, but so too killer bees, and the aptly named Puck.

If you wanted something short of removing it, maybe give enchanted items a save. The higher the enchantment, the better the save.
Old June 6, 2011, 13:38   #13
Matthias
Adept

Matthias is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Matthias
Pretty sure my very first guy got his weapon blasted to 0d0. Maybe higher enchantments are already protected. While that's nice, I have to vote for removing the scroll. It would be less of a problem if you could sell the scrolls for 0 gold like other no selling variants do.
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2011, 17:34   #14
ewan
Adept

ewan is on a distinguished road
OS X non-functional?

Trying to take a crack at this, but the OS X build has a problem finding the news.txt file - it's there, so obviously looking in the wrong place, but...?

Anyone else having the same issue? Advice?
ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2011, 17:53   #15
Hudstone
Rookie

Hudstone is on a distinguished road
Heh, came across an orange trap in a hallway, well, teleport or summon, neither is too bad, I'll try and disarm it. Ooops, Curse Equipment Trap??? Lost about 8-10 pts of AC, and lost +2 on my +5 Longbow, though melee weapon wasn't touched.

In another vein, a teef stole sum of my munny, and after I killt him, there was no munny. Where did my munny go?
Hudstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2011, 01:19   #16
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudstone View Post
Heh, came across an orange trap in a hallway, well, teleport or summon, neither is too bad, I'll try and disarm it. Ooops, Curse Equipment Trap??? Lost about 8-10 pts of AC, and lost +2 on my +5 Longbow, though melee weapon wasn't touched.

In another vein, a teef stole sum of my munny, and after I killt him, there was no munny. Where did my munny go?
Trap of Curse Equip... that's just great .

Fay is based on an older variant. No money is completely normal for that era, only recently changed in Vanilla (I think).
Old June 8, 2011, 10:13   #17
Mikko Lehtinen
Veteran

Mikko Lehtinen is on a distinguished road
For your information, there are also Scrolls of *Curse Equipment*! And traps, too!

Lesser curses normally just give some minuses to everything (ego items make a 50 % saving throw, and artifacts always resist). But they sometimes blast a weapon or armor instead (1/5 chance for either, artifacts get a saving throw).

Greater curses blast both your weapon and body armour, and give minuses to everything.

For the next version, I'm going to nerf the curses. Ordinary items will get a 40 % save against minor curses, and ego items a 80 % save. Greater curses will only blast one item, either weapon or body armour, and ego items get a 40 % save. Something like that.
Mikko Lehtinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2011, 17:18   #18
ewan
Adept

OS X problem solved

A comment in another thread gave me an idea that turned out to work: taking all of the files out of the unzipped folder and moving them into the base user directory.

So now I can die with the rest of you
Old June 8, 2011, 17:27   #19
ewan
Adept

Argh - spoke too soon. Now it does indeed open in an X-window, but I can't find an option to import a savefile. Help?
Old June 9, 2011, 04:10   #20
Darin
Apprentice

Darin is on a distinguished road
OSX problem

The saved games are in the save subfolder of the lib folder. The problem is that it seems that the save file has to have a specific name, seemingly in the form <UID>.<uname>. So in my case it is "501.Dtake". One way to find what the name of the file has to be is to start a new game, and immediately save and quit (control-X). Then look in the save folder and see what new file has been created. Then rename the "104" file to that name, copy it into the save folder, and you should be good to go. Or maybe I should say "good to die with the rest of us"

Last edited by Darin; June 9, 2011 at 04:16.
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote