AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old January 29, 2018, 08:30   #71
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
My guess is you have something which gives permanent fear, like a ring of escaping.
Nope, in object.txt, Fine Wine only grants BOLD, doesn't cure AFRAID. Since the two are separated now, I'm not even sure that's a bug. It could remain that way...
Old January 29, 2018, 10:05   #72
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Nope, in object.txt, Fine Wine only grants BOLD, doesn't cure AFRAID. Since the two are separated now, I'm not even sure that's a bug. It could remain that way...
Quite correct, I was reading the wrong entry... Working as designed.
Old January 29, 2018, 19:39   #73
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OK, there is a new update to master with the weapon damage bug (I think) fixed....
Actually, it was that my hack to put back in the original STR and DEX (needed for calculating hypothetical extra blows) was happening too early, so it was factored into the STR, DEX adjustments to to-hit and to-dam. Fix was to only re-adjust STR and DEX right before the blows calculation in calc_bonuses().
NOT FIXED! Sorry, Nick. I'm attaching a savefile in hope that it helps you locate the problem. DmgTstr.zip

@ currently is wielding Narthanc (has found all the 'thancs). Damage shows as 3.8 blows per round, average damage/round 184.7 vs. non-resistant creatures and 144.7 vs. others. The 'thancs in @'s pack show the same.

@ has also just found Gondricam. Inspecting it on the floor, damage shows as 2.7 blows per round, average damage/round 101.1. Picking it up, it shows the same in the pack.

Now, have @ wield Gondricam. Damage now shows as 3.0 blows per round, average damage/round 110.5. The 'thancs in @'s pack now show 4.1 blows per round, average damage/round 200 vs. non-resistant creatures and 156.8 vs. others.

Gondircam's +4 Dexterity bonus is still not properly accounted for when inspected on the floor or in the pack, and when wielded is throwing off the calculations for the other weapons which will not benefit from the Dex bonus once they are swapped.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2018, 19:48   #74
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Doesn't a !Boldness cure fear? What is Boldness if it doesn't cure fear? Not that fine wine would do much for me to strengthen courage, I'd need a much stiffer drink.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
Old January 29, 2018, 21:01   #75
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
NOT FIXED! Sorry, Nick. I'm attaching a savefile in hope that it helps you locate the problem. Attachment 1603
Is that savefile from 4.1.2, the latest nightly build, or the feature/magic branch? If the last, which build?
Old January 29, 2018, 21:13   #76
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Doesn't a !Boldness cure fear? What is Boldness if it doesn't cure fear? Not that fine wine would do much for me to strengthen courage, I'd need a much stiffer drink.
Boldness is temporary protection from fear. I agree that it ought to cure extant fear statuses.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2018, 02:08   #77
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Is that savefile from 4.1.2, the latest nightly build, or the feature/magic branch? If the last, which build?
It is from the latest nightly build, as linked in your post that the issue was fixed. Nightly 28 Jan 2018 at 04:25 UTC, revision c4cfd6a2, macosx
Old January 30, 2018, 12:13   #78
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
It is from the latest nightly build, as linked in your post that the issue was fixed. Nightly 28 Jan 2018 at 04:25 UTC, revision c4cfd6a2, macosx
...although apparently augmented with a couple of books from SongOfIceAndFireband - it took me some time to open

Problem confirmed - I will get back to this when I have some more time.
Old January 30, 2018, 15:50   #79
fph
Knight

fph is on a distinguished road
O wait -- I've been playing for years and I never knew that wine cured fear? *facepalm* I've always thought that non-ration food items were basically junk, and ignored them in shops.

What's the logic behind two different consumables with basically the same effect then (!boldness and wine)?
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2018, 16:00   #80
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
What's the logic behind two different consumables with basically the same effect then (!boldness and wine)?
Flavor? *shrug*
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote