Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 6, 2017, 22:57   #71
Sideways
Scout

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Since probing a monster now reveals everything about it, the prayer descriptions for Priest and Paladin (which suggest probing doesn't reveal a monster's melee or spell/breath attacks) need to be updated.

The priest/paladin enchant prayer descriptions also need updating; they suggest enchanting an item has a chance to uncurse it, which is no longer true.

Last edited by Sideways; July 7, 2017 at 00:49.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2017, 15:08   #72
dos350
Knight

dos350 is on a distinguished road
honestly why was detect stairs &etc priest spell taken, can we have it back please

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++
dos350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2017, 20:00   #73
GenericPseudonym
Apprentice

GenericPseudonym is on a distinguished road
Minor issue:
The mage spell "Teleport level" says in its description "This spell has no effect when the option to restrict the use of stairs and recall is set." But force_descend and no_recall are now two separate options.

More major issue: The cheat_know option for "know complete monster info" lies about resistances.
For example: I saw a will-o'-the-wisp and its monster recall claimed "It resists bright light, rock remover, and poison, and does not resist fire, cold, etc...", but in reality it resists all four base elements.
After I cast firebolt on it, the recall changed to say that it DID resist fire, and so on for each element

I realised shortly after this that Angband 4 added the new system with lore.txt, so I just edited that with the contents of monster.txt instead of using cheat_know, and monster resistances started displaying properly.

But I have to ask: why does cheat_know still exist, then? Why are there two very different ways to do the same thing?
GenericPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2017, 20:26   #74
Bostock
Adept

Bostock is on a distinguished road
Long-time tiny issue that's still unfixed: the monster spell that wounds for 225 reads "325" in monster descriptions.
Old July 9, 2017, 06:10   #75
luneya
Adept

luneya is on a distinguished road
Okay, I've got a repeatable freeze bug on the officially-distributed OSX binary; the attached zips contain a savefile and a pair of crash dumps. The player character has just entered some sort of special level. The entrance is a 1x1 room with just the upstair. Reading scroll of mapping reveals that the level proper is a large cave to the right of the starting room. Attempting to read phase door or teleportation causes the game to freeze, requiring me to force quit the Angband app. Digging out of the initial trap works, so I can continue the game without an emergency save-file edit, but whatever is making the game freeze still needs to be fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip angband_freeze.zip (14.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip angband freeze log.zip (57.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip second freeze log.zip (57.9 KB, 5 views)
luneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2017, 08:58   #76
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
A request for a UI improvement. When you inspect a weapon & it says "you are too weak to use this weapon", it'd be nice if it told me how much extra str I need. That way I know if it's worth picking up till I find a =str or !brawn.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 21:39   #77
Sideways
Scout

Not sure if this has been already reported, but I found an Elfstone randart that's reported in my character history as a two-handed great flail. (I had previously found a different Elfstone randart that's correctly listed as an Elfstone; not sure if that has anything to do with the bug.)
Old July 16, 2017, 12:26   #78
Sideways
Scout

When my pack overflows and an artifact is dropped, the message is "You no longer have the the [artifact]", with an extra the.
Old July 18, 2017, 18:28   #79
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Town always the same, even when starting a new @. I remember reading here recently that this was an unintended consequence, but not necessarily considered bad, regardless of whether one hit's "N" to "start afresh", because it is the same starting savefile with its knowledge base. However, angband.live, with it's sign-in model, ends up having the same town setup forever because the starting file is connected to the username login used to sign-in (unless we create new sign-in identities or ask qwarl to physically change it for us). This seems flawed, to me. Possibly the town should remain the same if one chooses "Y" for previous, but if one chooses "N" to start afresh the town should change.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2017, 18:42   #80
Gwarl
Swordsman

Gwarl is on a distinguished road
There's a workaround for this. Thanks to some of the improvements to V's code I can fairly easily tell if a character is dead, and if so delete the savefile and allow the game to create a new one in the same name. The competition mode works a little like this.

However:

Despite using the .prf system for many things, various options are set in the savefile itself (you can notice this with competition savefiles). There may be some wizardry about .prf files that could get round that. I'm not sure.
Gwarl is online now   Reply With Quote