Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2017, 12:47   #21
Nomad
Knight
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 958
Nomad is on a distinguished road
Not a recent issue, but is there something buggy with Ulwarth and Ulfast's drops? They never seem to drop anything when you kill them, and are also the only two monsters on the list to have the flag combination "DROP_60 | DROP_GOOD | ONLY_ITEM". (I'm not really familiar with the exact meaning of all the drop flags, but should they have the DROP_1 flag, maybe?)

Also, while we're on the subject of long-standing issues that aren't specific to 4.1, I think I've raised this before, but can we please change the Quit confirmation prompt to something else? "Do you really want to commit suicide?" is a really creepy message to have the game flashing at you unexpectedly any time you accidentally toggle caps lock and hit Q instead of quaffing. Even "Do you really want to suicide this character?" would be a big improvement.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 13:13   #22
takkaria
Veteran
 
takkaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,817
Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Also, while we're on the subject of long-standing issues that aren't specific to 4.1, I think I've raised this before, but can we please change the Quit confirmation prompt to something else? "Do you really want to commit suicide?" is a really creepy message to have the game flashing at you unexpectedly any time you accidentally toggle caps lock and hit Q instead of quaffing. Even "Do you really want to suicide this character?" would be a big improvement.
Thanks, I've changed this now.
__________________
"Physician, heal thyself."
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 15:28   #23
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,806
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Not a recent issue, but is there something buggy with Ulwarth and Ulfast's drops? They never seem to drop anything when you kill them, and are also the only two monsters on the list to have the flag combination "DROP_60 | DROP_GOOD | ONLY_ITEM". (I'm not really familiar with the exact meaning of all the drop flags, but should they have the DROP_1 flag, maybe?)
DROP_60 should mean that they have a 60% chance to drop something, and a 40% chance to drop nothing. So it's possible that it's working as intended and you've just had bad luck. It's also of course possible that there's a bug.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 16:07   #24
Nomad
Knight
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 958
Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
DROP_60 should mean that they have a 60% chance to drop something, and a 40% chance to drop nothing. So it's possible that it's working as intended and you've just had bad luck. It's also of course possible that there's a bug.
Huh, going through the file, I guess maybe it's just glaring when they fail to drop anything because it looks like they're the only two uniques in the game that don't give a guaranteed drop? (Aside from a tiny handful where it's thematic to drop nothing like Fang/Grip and the elementals.) So they're probably only dropping nothing 40% of the time as per the flags, but it stands out a lot when it happens because other uniques never do that.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 17:41   #25
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,383
Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Somewhere along the way in the latest few batch of nightlies, the "drain charges" mechanic in monster lore got changed. Now, even though @ has no wands or staves to drain, looking at Feagwath the lore says touch to drain charges in red. Previously, if the @ had no wands or staves to drain, the lore would show the information "drain charges" in green.
__________________
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 20:29   #26
wobbly
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,011
wobbly is on a distinguished road
From Angband 4.0.3-748-g2e2a52b-dirty on Gwarl's server. I've got an un-ided cursed lantern. Casting remove curse & selecting it does nothing (it doesn't take my sps)
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2017, 21:53   #27
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,449
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
From Angband 4.0.3-748-g2e2a52b-dirty on Gwarl's server. I've got an un-ided cursed lantern. Casting remove curse & selecting it does nothing (it doesn't take my sps)
Yeah, the remove curse process has a couple of bugs in it.

Please keep reporting things here, everyone, I will get to them eventually.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2017, 03:07   #28
old_school
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 18
old_school is on a distinguished road
Drop / Sell bug when standing on store door

In version 4.0.5

I've noticed something odd while standing on the door to a store (after escaping out of the store).

If you drop something while inspecting it, you actually sell it to the store (assuming the store will buy it in the first place)

However, if you drop something via the drop command, it drops on a tile outside of the door...

Is this by design? It seems odd... I would think if you aren't IN the store, you couldn't sell to the store.

bja
old_school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2017, 02:43   #29
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,449
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
New builds are up on the nightlies page, with the following changes:
  • OoD no longer destroys cursed items
  • Rings of Searching are slightly better (PowerWyrm's suggestion)
  • Permanence of curses is explained in object info
  • Remove curse menu no longer reveals unknown curses
  • Objects are only marked {cursed} if the player knows of one of their curses
  • The player resistance grid shows properties from curses

You can probably detect a theme here - I think curses now work as intended. Please report any problems with curses, or anything else.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2017, 04:06   #30
kandrc
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 163
kandrc is on a distinguished road
After attempting to resurrect a dead character using the -w switch, the character is resurrected naked. All equipment and inventory is lost. Shopkeepers are not loaded correctly, so the game crashes when @ enters a shop. Game also crashes when attempting to use the stairs.
kandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.1 pre-release Nick Vanilla 16 April 2, 2017 16:29
Bugfix release for 3.2? Timo Pietilš Development 69 April 14, 2011 20:59
3.2 release candidate is upon us! d_m Vanilla 147 January 19, 2011 10:10
reactions to changes in new V release will_asher Vanilla 50 April 9, 2008 18:47
UnAngband interim release in preparation; please help! Bandobras Variants 13 December 21, 2007 16:01


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.