Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 15, 2012, 18:18   #11
Duskfire
Rookie

Duskfire is on a distinguished road
This is awesome! Congratulations to the team. I've been learning how to play little by little and had just finished a short blog article about commands when I learned of the new version. Looking forward to playing it.
(I also posted the news to Reddit.)
Duskfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2012, 19:26   #12
satori
Rookie

satori is on a distinguished road
Great job on the update! I have noticed one thing so far, though - identical arrows no longer stack. For example, if I buy 40 arrows from the shop, quiver them (or even leave them in the inventory), then come back and buy 40 more arrows, I have two slots for 40 arrows each. At the moment, I have quivered two stacks of 40 arrows and one of 4, all of which are (0,0). Is this a bug or a feature? Thanks! I'm not seeing the problem with potions or scrolls, and I haven't been using shots/pebbles so I can't speak for them, by the way.
satori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2012, 19:29   #13
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by satori View Post
Great job on the update! I have noticed one thing so far, though - identical arrows no longer stack. For example, if I buy 40 arrows from the shop, quiver them (or even leave them in the inventory), then come back and buy 40 more arrows, I have two slots for 40 arrows each. At the moment, I have quivered two stacks of 40 arrows and one of 4, all of which are (0,0). Is this a bug or a feature? Thanks! I'm not seeing the problem with potions or scrolls, and I haven't been using shots/pebbles so I can't speak for them, by the way.
This is a feature! The max stack size is now 40. Honestly, this should have been a top level item in the change list, I can't believe I forgot to mention it!

If you get multiple different types of ammo, but the sum total of all is less than 40, then everything will stack in one quiver slot.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2012, 11:16   #14
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsanda View Post
Angband 3.4.0 doesn't seem to respond to mouse clicks - anyone else seeing this? I created a new character and blew away prefs in old /Library/ folder - 10.8.1. Checked preferences - it was selected by default. So I turned it off and restarted and then enabled again and restarted and still no response to mouse clicks.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
No, you're not doing anything wrong, and thank you for the report. Unfortunately, the new Cocoa port lacks support for detecting mouse clicks (at least for the purpose of movement), and I completely forgot to test for it. I've created ticket #1678 for this issue, and hope to get to it for 3.4.1. If you really need movement by mouse, it should still work in the Carbon port, if you can still build that for 10.8.x.

Pull requests are welcome, of course, should some enterprising person beat me to the implementation.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2012, 18:21   #15
joelsanda
Apprentice

joelsanda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin View Post
Unfortunately, the new Cocoa port lacks support for detecting mouse clicks (at least for the purpose of movement), and I completely forgot to test for it. I've created ticket #1678 for this issue, and hope to get to it for 3.4.1. If you really need movement by mouse, it should still work in the Carbon port, if you can still build that for 10.8.x.
Thanks, myshkin - I'll keep my eyes peeled for 3.4.1.
joelsanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2012, 18:34   #16
Duskfire
Rookie

quiver letter keeps changing

Okay, I understand the arrow stack size has changed, but what is frustrating now is that it means the letter for arrows is constantly changing on me every time I pick up arrows I have fired. I'm fairly new to the game, maybe I need to make a macro, but how can I set things so my main stack (quiver?) of similar arrows stays on the same letter until it's used up?
Old September 16, 2012, 19:27   #17
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
The usual recommendation here is to inscribe the stack you want to use with @f0 or @f1 or the like, and then use the number to refer to the ammo instead of the letter. So for example, inscribe with @f1, then hit '1' to select the ammo instead of 'q' (or whatever slot the ammo is in).
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2012, 19:29   #18
fizzix
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfire View Post
maybe I need to make a macro, but how can I set things so my main stack (quiver?) of similar arrows stays on the same letter until it's used up?
In addition to what Derakon said, you can also use "h" to fire the ammo in the n slot (or f0) at the nearest monster.

My usual tactic is to inscribe special ammo with @f3 or higher so that it won't default to the first quiver slot. My weakest ammo goes into that slot.
Old September 17, 2012, 00:40   #19
Duskfire
Rookie

Thanks Derakon and fizzix. I'll use those tips.
Old September 17, 2012, 03:52   #20
fizzix
Prophet

I've noticed some minor bugs with ammo in quiver, and when trying to pick it up off the ground. I'm not sure if the pickup bug is just me hitting the wrong key.

I think the ammo bug occurs if you inscribe something as @f0, stick it in the quiver and then inscribe it as @fN where N is some other number not equal to zero. I'll play around with it a bit more.