Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25, 2021, 22:17   #351
GrimaTheBold
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 72
GrimaTheBold is on a distinguished road
Is level feeling scaled for the size of the dungeon level? Will a large level have a higher level feeling than a small level if each has the same density of monsters & items?
GrimaTheBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2021, 12:56   #352
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 867
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaTheBold View Post
Is level feeling scaled for the size of the dungeon level? Will a large level have a higher level feeling than a small level if each has the same density of monsters & items?
Level feelings are not scaled by size, so yes, a large level would have a higher feeling in that situation.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2021, 13:39   #353
grodrigues
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 22
grodrigues is on a distinguished road
Frg in wine

Since some time ago I could not get Frog to work on wine (compiling from source is something of a hassle, having to track down dependencies and what not). So just in case someone is having the same problem as me: somehow, some of the files/folders had dates set to the future, something like the 24th century. I do not know if this is a problem with the win package, or I somehow botched things up (since I am not a time traveler, I cannot fathom how I could have though). Wine was complaining loudly, not finding said files/folders. Just:
Code:
touch ./*
in the Frog root folder and you are good to go.
grodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2022, 20:47   #354
Jake Hershey
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Jacksonville,OR,USA
Posts: 1
Jake Hershey is on a distinguished road
Question Brand "Weapon of Order"?

HI! I just found cutlass "Divine Wind" and its flags are "Slay Orc" and "Weapon of Order". Can anyone tell me what Weapon of Order means? When I whack things with it, I don't see anything different in the text (like with a Wild Blade)
Thanks!!
Jake Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2022, 21:16   #355
HugoVirtuoso
Veteran
 
HugoVirtuoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Linux
Age: 39
Posts: 1,206
HugoVirtuoso is on a distinguished road
This occurred recently:

[16:12] HugoV4: For rodent: I'm playing a Red Draconian Karrot Disciple and my ability to use Teleport staves is better than Teleport Scrolls...
[16:13] HugoV4: Teleport staff with 7 charges: 2.7% fail
[16:13] HugoV4: Teleportation Scroll: 4.4% fail
[16:14] HugoV4: Why would the staff version have a lower failure rate
[16:14] HugoV4: This Karrot Disciple has INT of 16
__________________
My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso
HugoVirtuoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2022, 21:54   #356
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 867
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Hershey View Post
HI! I just found cutlass "Divine Wind" and its flags are "Slay Orc" and "Weapon of Order". Can anyone tell me what Weapon of Order means? When I whack things with it, I don't see anything different in the text (like with a Wild Blade)
Thanks!!
Weapons of Order usually aren't particularly great, the only actual difference between them and non-Order weapons (apart from the unusual dice) is that weapons of Order don't roll any criticals.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2022, 01:21   #357
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo is on a distinguished road
Do you have plans to add more prefabs/templates/vaults and level generation tweaks in a future version?
I tried to compare variants to settle on which I should play and loved the incredible variety and QoL (you have my thanks for the extensive help files) of Frogcomposband! But I got to admit that prefabs from Composband and generators from Vanilla (and even dungeon features from Unangband and FAangbang) seem like very exciting additions that I'd love to see sprinkles of in your variant.
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2022, 19:38   #358
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 867
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokudera ElPsyCongroo View Post
Do you have plans to add more prefabs/templates/vaults and level generation tweaks in a future version?
Maybe (especially the level generation tweaks); but mostly, I would expect new additions on these lines to be the byproduct of other new content (like back when new wilderness templates were added to go with the new snow/ice terrain, or when Atlantis got its own level generation rules). I certainly won't copy all the additions from Composband without major cuts and edits; seem to recall more of them than I'd like being easy sources of top-end loot.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2022, 00:17   #359
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
but mostly, I would expect new additions on these lines to be the byproduct of other new content
Argh, I agree that's a very valid point. Templates and vaults wouldn't make sense in that case, buuut maybe interactable elements (like switches, pillars, fountains of random effects… like mutations! ,treasure in diverse type of bushes, roaming npcs providing services, in-dungeon shops, basically all of TGGW's unpredictable and exciting interactables) could be a pretext for adding some of Unangband's work around exploration variety, dynamic room descriptions…

Super good to see that, even though your variant is probably the largest I've seen, you care about adding content that is meaningful and engaging (your class/race/monster selection and differenciation along with its precise and flavorful explicative text in help files is the best I've seen in any roguelike). So, thrilled to see what you'll come up with next… and impatient to die to a iconic unique as a randomly choosen Frankenstein character again
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2022, 15:40   #360
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 867
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokudera ElPsyCongroo View Post
Argh, I agree that's a very valid point. Templates and vaults wouldn't make sense in that case, buuut maybe interactable elements (like switches, pillars, fountains of random effects… like mutations! ,treasure in diverse type of bushes, roaming npcs providing services, in-dungeon shops, basically all of TGGW's unpredictable and exciting interactables) could be a pretext for adding some of Unangband's work around exploration variety, dynamic room descriptions…

Super good to see that, even though your variant is probably the largest I've seen, you care about adding content that is meaningful and engaging (your class/race/monster selection and differenciation along with its precise and flavorful explicative text in help files is the best I've seen in any roguelike). So, thrilled to see what you'll come up with next… and impatient to die to a iconic unique as a randomly choosen Frankenstein character again
In-dungeon shops are already a thing, and often have much better items than normal shops (They are not exclusive to FrogComposband, they're inherited from its ancestors.)
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frogcomposband


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.liquorice released Sideways Variants 135 December 1, 2020 16:10
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.chocolate released Sideways Variants 86 February 23, 2020 01:04
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.1.toffee released Sideways Variants 129 July 18, 2019 14:22
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.nougat released Sideways Variants 152 November 6, 2018 12:16
[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released Sideways Variants 133 August 3, 2018 10:53


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.