Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2019, 12:52   #11
wobbly
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,991
wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow the Dunadan View Post
That's a bug as far as I know. I've never been able to browse stores of any kind while I'm in the dungeon in any version of Angband, including the 4.1.3 version I'm running.
It's in the menu that pops up when you use the ~ key (above tab on a standard keyboard). Note it's what was in store last time you were in town, it will not show changes if the stores restock while you are in the dungeon.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019, 22:07   #12
Sparrow the Dunadan
Apprentice
 
Sparrow the Dunadan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Olympia, WA
Age: 40
Posts: 90
Sparrow the Dunadan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
It's in the menu that pops up when you use the ~ key (above tab on a standard keyboard). Note it's what was in store last time you were in town, it will not show changes if the stores restock while you are in the dungeon.
I've never heard of, or used that function before. HUH!
Sparrow the Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019, 22:30   #13
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,269
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
The usual use is to look around town without actually going to the stores. The inventory update as soon as you recall to town.
Pete Mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2019, 19:19   #14
Sparrow the Dunadan
Apprentice
 
Sparrow the Dunadan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Olympia, WA
Age: 40
Posts: 90
Sparrow the Dunadan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
The usual use is to look around town without actually going to the stores. The inventory update as soon as you recall to town.
I've never needed/wanted to do that, so I never did so. But it's an interesting feature that I may find a use for in the future, maybe.
Sparrow the Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2019, 20:49   #15
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,755
Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow the Dunadan View Post
I've never needed/wanted to do that, so I never did so. But it's an interesting feature that I may find a use for in the future, maybe.
Try it for your launcher comparisons. Basic ammo is always in the General Store and you can "look" at the bog-standard arrow, bolt, or shot to compare the launchers @ wields. It isn't a perfect comparison at the margins of slays, etc., but it suffices for giving me a good idea whether to keep or ditch any launcher I come across.

Also, very helpful when actually in the Town. You no longer have to run @ around to every shop to see what's inside. Using the "~" menu, you can look in each shop and plan your shopping journey (helpful not only to reduce keypresses and time wasted, but to lower turncount if in a competition).
__________________
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2019, 02:40   #16
Sparrow the Dunadan
Apprentice
 
Sparrow the Dunadan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Olympia, WA
Age: 40
Posts: 90
Sparrow the Dunadan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Try it for your launcher comparisons. Basic ammo is always in the General Store and you can "look" at the bog-standard arrow, bolt, or shot to compare the launchers @ wields. It isn't a perfect comparison at the margins of slays, etc., but it suffices for giving me a good idea whether to keep or ditch any launcher I come across.

Also, very helpful when actually in the Town. You no longer have to run @ around to every shop to see what's inside. Using the "~" menu, you can look in each shop and plan your shopping journey (helpful not only to reduce keypresses and time wasted, but to lower turncount if in a competition).
I'm not worried about keypress or time consumption though. I never really paid attention to that, except in the very early game. In previous versions this function would have had a better use since it would save time with comparison shopping. But since comparison shopping no longer exists, doesn't matter too much. It is nice to have to check for weapon damage comparison though. However I'll still probably not use it much, if at all, since I can just fill up and head to town and sell off the weaker stuff when I get there.
Sparrow the Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Endgame weapon, enchanting weapons, picking and choosing weapons... Ehrblast Vanilla 13 September 7, 2014 00:20
Ego weapons you always wanted to find... Pete Mack AAR 5 July 5, 2009 04:37
pricing on slay ego weapons Malak Darkhunter Vanilla 2 July 1, 2009 21:02
shooting macro Andiiboi Vanilla 14 March 28, 2008 12:56
(Ego) weapons should not be immediately destroyed by acid Pete Mack Vanilla 0 April 26, 2007 18:34


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.