Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Idle chatter

Old October 21, 2011, 05:07   #11
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
OK. I've come to terms with most of SeaMonkey's quirks (although how it decides to insert line breaks in the source code is bizarre).

I have a new problem. The page I'm working on (mcdgc.org) was created (by someone else) using frames and CSS. After making many changes I thought I was rid of all remnants of frames, but apparently the page is (all of the pages are) still being displayed in a frame, indicated by the fact that the address in the address bar never changes (the back button always returns to the home page), and that occasionally upon right click I'll get to option to 'view frame source' or 'view page source'.

I've searched the web extensively and failed to find a solution to this problem, or at least a solution that I can comprehend. I guessing the frame is somehow tied to the CSS, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be just great?
Old October 21, 2011, 05:31   #12
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Taking a look at the source to the front page, it's just a frame containing the content from http://mcdgc.cvillebicycling.com/ . That page works correctly -- clicking on links loads new pages with proper URLs and so on. If you can just replace the frame with the actual content you should be good to go. Heck, you could replace the front page with a redirect to that URL and it'd probably work fine.
Derakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2011, 11:20   #13
buzzkill
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Taking a look at the source to the front page, it's just a frame containing the content from http://mcdgc.cvillebicycling.com/ . That page works correctly -- clicking on links loads new pages with proper URLs and so on. If you can just replace the frame with the actual content you should be good to go. Heck, you could replace the front page with a redirect to that URL and it'd probably work fine.
How? I can't find the code that creates the frame. I've removed every obvious reference to frames in every page. Where is the frame coming from?
Old October 21, 2011, 16:39   #14
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Search the entire codebase for "frameset". Somewhere you have a page that's making a frame. Maybe it's generated by some PHP (or whatever your backend scripting language is). But it's not the CSS; CSS modifies HTML but doesn't generate it.
Derakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2011, 03:26   #15
buzzkill
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Search the entire codebase for "frameset". Somewhere you have a page that's making a frame. Maybe it's generated by some PHP (or whatever your backend scripting language is). But it's not the CSS; CSS modifies HTML but doesn't generate it.
Thanks for trying Derakon. I've no doubt your advice is correct but I don't have the skill set to follow up on it (I did try). It wasn't a complete loss though. By googling "remove frameset" I found a little javascript that I stuffed into index.htm, and that did the trick.