Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 18, 2009, 22:44   #1
Sean
Rookie

Sean is on a distinguished road
Excessive amounts of gold?

I'm playing on 3.1.0, and this is the first major character in this version, but I seem to be rich beyond my wildest dreams. I'm a level 22 mage, deepest level is 10, and I'm at 1152816 turns, but I have over 60k in gold. It seems a lot more than I ever had in earlier versions of Angband.

The only real reason I can see is that the black market isn't offering me much, so I assume that's linked to my very slow rate of descent?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2009, 22:49   #2
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
66K gold isn't all that much for 1.1M turns, although I agree it's pretty good for dl 10. And yes, the BM quality is linked to rate of descent.

The distribution of out-of-depth items hasn't changed; in fact they are rarer now that objects in general are rarer. The distribution of ego items has increased, however. Although, I haven't really noticed the effect before dl ~30, that may be making a difference.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2009, 23:04   #3
Sean
Rookie

Sean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
66K gold isn't all that much for 1.1M turns, although I agree it's pretty good for dl 10. And yes, the BM quality is linked to rate of descent.

The distribution of out-of-depth items hasn't changed; in fact they are rarer now that objects in general are rarer. The distribution of ego items has increased, however. Although, I haven't really noticed the effect before dl ~30, that may be making a difference.

Thanks Pete. I think I'll start afresh, but with a slightly more aggressive descent to see how it works out.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2009, 16:44   #4
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I'm playing on 3.1.0, and this is the first major character in this version, .... I'm a level 22 mage, deepest level is 10, and I'm at 1152816 turns, but I have over 60k in gold. It seems a lot more than I ever had in earlier versions of Angband.

The only real reason I can see is that the black market isn't offering me much, so I assume that's linked to my very slow rate of descent?
Yes, all stores have had their minimum and maximum stocking depths rejiggered to react to your maximum depth. May I take it you're used to buying stat gain potions?
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote