Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 23, 2020, 14:35   #21
fph
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pisa / DL0
Posts: 963
fph is on a distinguished road
Frankly I never touched that file because I can configure everything with my mouse. I don't have many ideas to solve the mouse-not-working issue, sorry.
__________________
Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.
--
You read a scroll labeled 'lol gtfo' of Teleport Level.
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2020, 17:22   #22
invisibletroll
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 50
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopTart View Post
The saga continues

The mouse clicks aren't registering in any of the menus. They are registering in the main window of the game, bringing up options and moving the player character, but not the menus.

I should be able to set up the subwindows by editing sdl2init.txt. Now to find a specification for it...
The saga continues? You are a troublemaker.
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2020, 17:26   #23
invisibletroll
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 50
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
Frankly I never touched that file because I can configure everything with my mouse. I don't have many ideas to solve the mouse-not-working issue, sorry.
Then we are shit out of luck. LOL GTFO!
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2020, 07:05   #24
PopTart
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 62
PopTart is on a distinguished road
I experimented with sdl2init.txt, got it to display ascii fine, which is what I play with anyway.
PopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2020, 18:07   #25
fph
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pisa / DL0
Posts: 963
fph is on a distinguished road
Lubuntu apparently uses Wayland, a different version of the Linux graphics stack: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...d_via_mir_for/ . This may be the reason why the support doesn't work too well; it is a much less tested combination.
__________________
Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.
--
You read a scroll labeled 'lol gtfo' of Teleport Level.
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2020, 05:08   #26
invisibletroll
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 50
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fph View Post
Lubuntu apparently uses Wayland, a different version of the Linux graphics stack: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...d_via_mir_for/ . This may be the reason why the support doesn't work too well; it is a much less tested combination.
Compiles and runs on Lubuntu 20.04.

Code:
sudo apt install libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl1.2-dev

make clean
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-sdl --with-no-install
make

src/angband -msdl
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2020, 05:12   #27
invisibletroll
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 50
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopTart View Post
The saga continues

The mouse clicks aren't registering in any of the menus. They are registering in the main window of the game, bringing up options and moving the player character, but not the menus.

I should be able to set up the subwindows by editing sdl2init.txt. Now to find a specification for it...
Better to use SDL1. There's no benefit of using SDL2.
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2020, 00:04   #28
invisibletroll
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 50
invisibletroll is on a distinguished road
Question

Just another remark. If the SDL2 interface should work (with mouse support), it hasn't been tested on Ubuntu at all? But then raises another question. On what system it has been tested? And actually does the mouse work on any system? Nick should confirm this.
invisibletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2020, 11:54   #29
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,659
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibletroll View Post
Just another remark. If the SDL2 interface should work (with mouse support), it hasn't been tested on Ubuntu at all? But then raises another question. On what system it has been tested? And actually does the mouse work on any system? Nick should confirm this.
Mouse certainly works on any system I've tested on.

SDL2 interface has an interesting history; it was written by someone who then left the community after having a fight with a couple of people. Some work has been put into it since, but not by me. Reports indicate it's mostly functional, but with some quirks.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2020, 12:25   #30
fph
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pisa / DL0
Posts: 963
fph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibletroll View Post
Just another remark. If the SDL2 interface should work (with mouse support), it hasn't been tested on Ubuntu at all? But then raises another question. On what system it has been tested? And actually does the mouse work on any system? Nick should confirm this.
I can confirm that the mouse support works on vanilla Ubuntu; I have been using it in many version combinations. However, Lubuntu is a different beast than most linuxes, because it uses Wayland instead of X as its graphics stack.
__________________
Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.
--
You read a scroll labeled 'lol gtfo' of Teleport Level.
fph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help compiling Hellband konijn_ Variants 7 March 13, 2018 21:49
Compiling V for Windows Therem Harth Vanilla 8 September 5, 2011 00:36
Compiling Z+Angband Ravenheart87 Variants 7 May 24, 2011 09:35
Compiling 3.2 Omnipact Development 6 December 27, 2010 10:39
Compiling Issues Gregian Vanilla 13 July 2, 2008 15:35


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.