AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old August 16, 2015, 07:38   #11
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Alright guys, I did some play testing. The v3.5.0 Draconians have a mega-bug that will crash the game if you're temp-polymorphed, e.g, Zombie and you press 'C' for the character sheet! [Note I was playing a female Crystal Draconian Chaos-Warrior named Hasta whose most stats were 18 or better, except for STR [17] and WIS [16]. I was polymorphed into different forms by that Variant Maintainer in the wilderness north of Outpost. After killing the dude, I thought it was time to get the chardump...and it didn't happen for now due to the annoying aforementioned bug!]

This is reproducible. But, I cannot do a chardump because my current temp-polymorph form (Yeek) crashes the Character Sheet screen (i.e., 'C' command)

So far, I only noticed this with the v3.5.0 Draconians. I cannot be sure that this mega-bug won't happen with the v3.50 Demigod subraces.

I already emailed Chris my v3.5.0 savefile + screenshot

As a workaround, I think it is possible to just wait for the temp-polymorph to wear off and then do 'C' and the chardump. I think I'll do that and attempt to post the chardump later. Or wait until chris fixes this awful bug ASAP!

The worst thing that can happen is to have high-level high-powered characters unable to have chardumps upon death due to this^ bug!
From what I can tell this is worse if you play with the character sheet open in a term window. I now can no longer load my Drac who was fighting the variant maintainer.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2015, 10:46   #12
Arjen
Adept

Arjen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
From what I can tell this is worse if you play with the character sheet open in a term window. I now can no longer load my Drac who was fighting the variant maintainer.
You cant just close that window before you load your game? Or is that a too easy fix?
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2015, 13:49   #13
wobbly
Veteran

Tried that already.
Old August 16, 2015, 17:05   #14
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Now, that's bad...whether it's the Variant Maintainer or any temp-polymorphing monster. wobbly, you should email that "buggy" savefile to chris and see what he can do.

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2015, 09:20   #15
wobbly
Veteran

A minor bug with weak pseudo-id. I'm over lvl 35 so stepping on an ego immediately gives <excellent>. However if I get mind blanked when pseudo-id kicks back in it shows as <enchanted>.
Old August 31, 2015, 22:04   #16
Number Thirteen
Scout

Number Thirteen is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to bring saves from an older version (3.4.5) into 3.5? Or is it time to start over?
Number Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31, 2015, 22:40   #17
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Thirteen View Post
Is it possible to bring saves from an older version (3.4.5) into 3.5? Or is it time to start over?
Generally the smart thing to do is to just close out your character on your current release. You can always make a backup of your savefile and just try it on 3.5.
Old August 31, 2015, 23:30   #18
Number Thirteen
Scout

Number Thirteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Generally the smart thing to do is to just close out your character on your current release. You can always make a backup of your savefile and just try it on 3.5.
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply.
Number Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2015, 11:31   #19
wobbly
Veteran

A couple of comments & a request.

The new Ent fire resistance makes it very hard to fire protect gear, not sure it's intended. My guess is it's going to take around 7 layers of rfire though I haven't got close enough to know for sure. In a way it makes sense as it's hard to protect your gear if you're on fire, but it does seem pretty harsh.

I've just checked & the (death) ego doesn't count as blessed for a death priest. My request is for this to be changed. Even better if it checks the 2nd realm as currently a chaos priest with a chaos patron can't actually use a chaos blade.
Old September 7, 2015, 12:43   #20
Flauterfiddle
Rookie

Flauterfiddle is on a distinguished road
Thanks so much for another release! Absolutely my favorite variant.

An off-topic question about Possessors if anyone can help:

I'm currently running a low-level Naga Possessor. I notice this monster has slots for a weapon but when I wield something I get this attack only and lose the crush and spit attacks.

Is this intentional nerfing or a bug? Or do I simply require greater dex? Seems odd to lose spit because you're wielding a sword, though. Wearing a shield doesn't have any effect, for example.

Haven't tried using bows with a naga yet, but I assume this wouldn't affect melee attacks.
Flauterfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote