Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 26, 2017, 16:53   #141
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
You also can't view ~ from the shop or home menu now either. Hit C for character sheet then h for home inventory.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2017, 18:13   #142
murphy
Apprentice

murphy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Do rings of wizardry not work for blue magic? It's certainly not displaying a damage bonus in the menu.
Seems like i remember wizardstaves, rings, and amulets dont help a blue mage with fail rates, mana cost, or damage. but on the bright side, the increased fail rate curse you can get from cursed equipment doesnt affect a blue mage either.
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017, 00:00   #143
knaveightt
Rookie

knaveightt is on a distinguished road
i've read through some of the posts so far, but can anyone help me understand some of the points on why ironman_quests was removed? :/

I really enjoyed the option as others have mentioned already, but I'm all for the change if someone can help me understand better why it was removed.
knaveightt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017, 19:48   #144
clouded
Adept

clouded is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZE View Post
The option to view your home inventory is no longer available under the '~' command. Why?
It sucks to not be able to see your (and other's) full home in a dump too.

Not sure why this is but I can't interact with items in the final few slots of my inventory. Trying to wield at least, there are other times too. This is with an 80x27 terminal.
clouded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2017, 21:46   #145
MITZE
Apprentice

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouded View Post
It sucks to not be able to see your (and other's) full home in a dump too.
I can understand why your home's full contents don't appear in the chardump . . . with the home having unlimited capacity now the size of a dump is in theory unlimited now too. chris was probably trying to cut down on the potential size of the chardumps.

(Just checking, the size of my psion's plain text chardump is 142KB, while the size of a html chardump from a v6.0.0+ winner is 72KB--it's a pretty big discrepancy!)

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2017, 02:34   #146
Mocht
Scout

Mocht is on a distinguished road
Would anyone be able to help me with my 2 questions:

(1) I use stacks of recall scrolls because I am afraid that if I have just 1 rod of recall then it could be stolen
Is it safe to rely on 1 rod of recall, or is there a minimum AC that makes characters safe from item theft

(2) Is it true that eating slime molds gives a character a small chance to gain the ability to summon slime molds
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2017, 08:40   #147
MITZE
Apprentice

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
I use stacks of recall scrolls because I am afraid that if I have just 1 rod of recall then it could be stolen
Is it safe to rely on 1 rod of recall, or is there a minimum AC that makes characters safe from item theft
I can't speak for the general player base, but I usually stick with stacks of scrolls until I have a stack of three or four rods; sometimes I want to cancel out of recalling, and at least a second source of recall is required for that. Also, while AC helps in preventing thieving hits landing, what you really want is high DEX. I forget what the threshold is, but once DEX is high enough you're immune to item theft.

Quote:
(2) Is it true that eating slime molds gives a character a small chance to gain the ability to summon slime molds
I know absolutely nothing about this, this is the first time I've heard of it. Hugo, wobbly, clouded, anyone?

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2017, 14:41   #148
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I can't speak for the general player base, but I usually stick with stacks of scrolls until I have a stack of three or four rods; sometimes I want to cancel out of recalling, and at least a second source of recall is required for that. Also, while AC helps in preventing thieving hits landing, what you really want is high DEX. I forget what the threshold is, but once DEX is high enough you're immune to item theft.
If it hasn't been changed since Vanilla, then the threshold is 18/150 DEX.
Derakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2017, 17:34   #149
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
There isn't a big advantage to using the rod anyway, unless you want to save money on ?recall & the gold to buy ?recall probably wont matter by the time you find the rod. If I've got enough fire resist to not worry about ?recall burning I'll usually carry the scroll. That way I've got an extra inventory slot when I recall. Also charge drainers can't drain a scroll.

Quote:
Perhaps, but this is the 1st I've heard about it. However if you stand near a logrus master for long enough...
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2017, 07:18   #150
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know absolutely nothing about this, this is the first time I've heard of it. Hugo, wobbly, clouded, anyone?
Having played a sheer number of PosChengband, Slime molds don't(?!) grant the Grow Mold ability. They do in ToME 2.x. But, in PosChengband, I don't think they do at all...unless, someone digs up the PCB code to find evidence that it actually grants Grow Mold!!

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote