Old May 24, 2015, 05:00   #251
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Angband 4.0 dev 756c3bc

From the enclosed saved game, go into the weapon shop, buy 24 arrows (j), which already exist in my quiver, and after confirming the purchase it crashes. I am on Mac OS X if that makes a difference
Thanks - this is resulting in a potential crash for any bought item which stacks with something in the player's inventory or quiver. Will be fixed next update.
Old May 24, 2015, 05:06   #252
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Angband 4.0 dev 756c3bc

Missing messages: Missing “You resist the effects …” message when immune to the element.

(Also, another plug for providing the Resistance flag at bottom of main screen for Immunity as it does currently for temporary resist.)
This is actually not an error - this message is for elemental attacks with side-effects, like blindness from light and dark attacks. There are no such effects from the basic elements, so there is never a message for them.

Having an immunity notification at the bottom would be possible, but inconsistent with current behaviour, which is that those notifications are only for temporary effects.
Old May 24, 2015, 05:10   #253
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Few small things:

- I'm guessing that building from master and/or playing gcu is the thing causing the chardump parsing problems??? The only thing that Nick, elliptic and I have in common in the chardumps is that we have the commit hash appended to our character dump header tag e.g. [Angband v4.0beta-246-g78905dd Character Dump] Removing the hash doesn't fix the problem, so it's something inherently different with the chardump. I'm too lazy to start diffing things right now.

- When I go to disarm a trap, (push D) if I wait less than a second before confirming the direction the Repeat(99) thing pops up in the status bar (seems to be entirely cosmetic)

- If I go into my inventory (i) and then hit (.) for quiver, I have:

Code:
a) 30 Arrows (1d4) (+0,+0)      6.0
b) 19 Arrows (1d4) (+4,+1)      3.8
However if I look at my inventory it states:

Code:
t) in Quiver: 40 missiles 
u) in Quiver: 9 missiles
Is this a "normal angband thing???"

- I'm playing 80x25, and it looks like things get cut off on the right of the screen sometimes

e.g. I type (i) to see inventory, I get: "(Inventory) Burden 126.7 lb (6.8 lb overweight). Select Item: (Inven: a-s, / fo" in the top row, and my items are missing the (lb) unit to the right.

- I accidentally played the id game and had a salamander breathe fire at me while i was wielding an unided mace (Defender) thing. It said "Your mace glows" with no period at the end, not sure if there was more to that message or if it's just missing the terminator.
Old May 24, 2015, 05:10   #254
Darin
Apprentice

Darin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Thanks - this is resulting in a potential crash for any bought item which stacks with something in the player's inventory or quiver. Will be fixed next update.
Thank you for looking into this. The annoying workaround for the moment is to drop anything you want to stock up on outside the store and after purchase exit the store and step on the item to restack them.
Darin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2015, 05:33   #255
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
- If I go into my inventory (i) and then hit (.) for quiver, I have:

Code:
a) 30 Arrows (1d4) (+0,+0)      6.0
b) 19 Arrows (1d4) (+4,+1)      3.8

Code:
This is correct. The quiver is showing what ammunition type and how much of each in up to 10 quiver slots. The inventory is showing the inventory slots taken up by any ammunition, up to 40 missiles per slot. I.e., a quiver holds 40 missiles. When you exceed 40, you must carry another quiver. Each quiver takes up one inventory slot. However, no matter how many overflow "quivers" you carry, you may only carry 10 types of ammunition.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2015, 05:42   #256
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Having an immunity notification at the bottom would be possible, but inconsistent with current behaviour, which is that those notifications are only for temporary effects.
I understand it's not a "bug" (aside from the fact that it has always bugged me), but I find it helpful for the main screen to remind me of my resistance status. Immunity trumps temporary resist (ordinarily double-resist since my @ usually has basic protection and then adds a temporary resist). Having the rFIRE indicator on when wearing Narya, for instance, would remind me I don't need to cast a temporary resist or quaff a potion for that resistance.
Old May 24, 2015, 06:59   #257
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
I'm guessing that building from master and/or playing gcu is the thing causing the chardump parsing problems??? The only thing that Nick, elliptic and I have in common in the chardumps is that we have the commit hash appended to our character dump header tag e.g. [Angband v4.0beta-246-g78905dd Character Dump] Removing the hash doesn't fix the problem, so it's something inherently different with the chardump. I'm too lazy to start diffing things right now.
I'm building from master and using sdl in Linux, so I'm guessing it's some dumb text encoding thing. I'm going to hope Pav just fixes it.

Quote:
When I go to disarm a trap, (push D) if I wait less than a second before confirming the direction the Repeat(99) thing pops up in the status bar (seems to be entirely cosmetic)
That's the auto-repeat - I guess if you're quick enough it doesn't get to display it. By default it auto-repeats 100 times, but you can actually set a different number by hitting '0', entering a number, and then entering the command.

Quote:
What Ingwe said.

Quote:
I'm playing 80x25, and it looks like things get cut off on the right of the screen sometimes

e.g. I type (i) to see inventory, I get: "(Inventory) Burden 126.7 lb (6.8 lb overweight). Select Item: (Inven: a-s, / fo" in the top row, and my items are missing the (lb) unit to the right.
Yes, that prompt needs trimming.

Quote:
I accidentally played the id game and had a salamander breathe fire at me while i was wielding an unided mace (Defender) thing. It said "Your mace glows" with no period at the end, not sure if there was more to that message or if it's just missing the terminator.
Thanks - I knew there was a message that was missing punctuation, and this is it.
Old May 24, 2015, 08:30   #258
kaypy
Swordsman

kaypy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Code:
Would it be better UI if we instead said something like?

Code:
t) 49 missiles in 2 Quiver slots
u) ...
kaypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2015, 09:57   #259
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypy View Post
Would it be better UI if we instead said something like? ....
Personally, I don't think so. I've gotten used to how many letter slots there are in inventory. Having each quiver of 40 use up a slot is a good visual reminder of the slots being used up by quivers and how many slots are available for other items.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:34   #260
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Angband 4.0 dev 756c3bc

Information leak. With ESP, upon first arrival on level, Monster sub window shows awareness of Uniques on the other side of the level. I've noticed this leak in several dev versions.

No savefile since the information disappears the next move, or upon reload, so not able to duplicate simply with savefile.
Oddly enough, this bug also has a flip-side (or perhaps a separate bug). Upon first arrival on level, Monster sub window shows awareness of monsters in ESP range EXCEPT the Unique standing right next to @. Again, information corrected on next move or upon reload (but not corrected with redraw).