Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4, 2007, 17:28   #14
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
Dive 7: I didn't dive any deeper because I filled my inventory quickly. (maybe I should be willing to drop more stuff.) I come back with a +4 +5 main gauche which I wield and enchant up to +4 +8 (no enchant to-hit scrolls in the shop), and my long bow is now at +2 +7.
Assuming that I wasn't low on supplies and had adequate ID (to enable appropriate stacking), for money items in early game
* DL 3: wands are usually better than merely enchanted armor for money; easier to force stacking. Have to get to this level on the first trip to avoid money problems for second trip.
* DL 8: the chance of seeing ego weapons/armor starts being noticeable rather than fluky. Unless running out of supplies, recall only when out of "expendable slots".

I find that my money problems completely end on DL8 because merely enchanted weapons and armor become expendable slots, as do low-level town spellbooks; ego weapons bounce all of them out of inventory. [Do overstuff home with low-level town spell books to prevent problems with stores not having them when you need them.]
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote