Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old December 5, 2015, 20:56   #21
Regalia
Apprentice

Regalia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
It's possible... depending on how well you know C
Yea... I really don't want it solve like that. Makes me feel like I'm cheating :/. Even if it's just a gui change.

I have a very peculiar way of 'dealing with' roguelikes...

Edit: Unless maybe if I make the modification it could eventually be merged back into a release so that I could still use the official build?
Edit2: I see that you can declare macros in the autodestroyer now (or maybe you always could). Is there a way to declare/define your own variables that could be evaluated deeper in the script? Or maybe a trick of some sort, like declaring a macro and then checking its value later on?

Last edited by Regalia; December 6, 2015 at 15:37.
Regalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2015, 19:32   #22
Exo
Rookie

Exo is on a distinguished road
I didn't feel like this question deserved an extra thread so I'll just ask it in here:

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to find the turncount on the character sheet but somehow it only displays it on the ladder entries.
My best guess is that it has to do with play time/game time, not sure how those get calculated either and what the difference is between them to be honest.

Maybe someone knows more about this.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2015, 20:00   #23
Regalia
Apprentice

Regalia is on a distinguished road
If you take the turncount from the ladder, then I think every in-game minute of gameplay is that turn.

Only you get a fake bonus day since it counts from day 0 but you start from day 1.

As for actual 'moves'... I wonder that too.
Regalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2015, 21:57   #24
nikheizen
Adept

nikheizen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalia View Post
If you take the turncount from the ladder, then I think every in-game minute of gameplay is that turn.

Only you get a fake bonus day since it counts from day 0 but you start from day 1.

As for actual 'moves'... I wonder that too.
That might explain why my ladder turncount for my devicemaster character is so damned high! I was wondering how I spent 150k turns, but I guess sleeping at the inn a lot will do that now.

I was wondering this as well, thanks.
nikheizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2015, 00:44   #25
Raccoon
Scout

Raccoon is on a distinguished road
Does prohibiting selling items to shops make the gold drops in the dungeon more valuable to compensate, like in vanilla?
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2015, 02:50   #26
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Does prohibiting selling items to shops make the gold drops in the dungeon more valuable to compensate, like in vanilla?
Yes, but it sucks. The early game is slowed down way too much in poscheng noselling for it to be worth it, IMO. I think in the lategame it's ok but you still do better by selling crazy shit.
Old December 7, 2015, 04:31   #27
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
I wonder if Mac users are also affected by 4.0.0's "Option Menu > HTML Dumps not working" bug?

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2015, 04:51   #28
Raccoon
Scout

Raccoon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Yes, but it sucks. The early game is slowed down way too much in poscheng noselling for it to be worth it, IMO. I think in the lategame it's ok but you still do better by selling crazy shit.
Hm. If you could still ID potions and scrolls by selling, I'd consider it a fair trade-off, just to avoid the tedium of recalling to town to sell things. But the way no-sell is currently implemented, I think you're right. the early game is just kind of obnoxious when you have to risk ID-by-use or save up for ID scrolls.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2015, 05:06   #29
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hm. If you could still ID potions and scrolls by selling, I'd consider it a fair trade-off, just to avoid the tedium of recalling to town to sell things. But the way no-sell is currently implemented, I think you're right. the early game is just kind of obnoxious when you have to risk ID-by-use or save up for ID scrolls.
It's really just the amount you get back. In Vanilla, it's reasonable. In poscheng, money is much more important, and what you get from the nosell bonus is not enough, IMO.
Old December 7, 2015, 05:31   #30
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Once you get a large stash of $ recalling to sell becomes pointless. If you just keep going the junk you find will be worth more then what you're carrying & eventually everything you step on is 30k. Maybe no-sell would be fine if the option also removed the need for *id. That was probably the biggest cash killer last time I played with selling off.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote