Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 5, 2017, 23:12   #41
Rookie

Avatar is on a distinguished road
Arrows without Quiver

Quick feedback for 6.0.2:

If I try to (w) an arrow, I get a message "Your quiver is full." when I don't even have a quiver yet.
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2017, 01:51   #42
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
The 'n' repeat command doesn't work at stores or at the home

Idea for future releases:
Bury or hack corpses for effects!!

Apparently, hacking corpses for effects is known in ToME....where in some instances hacking an Ancient dragon corpse would unleash a mega elemental damage on the player!!!

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as MjolnirExcalibur (formerly AzureExcalibur777) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; April 6, 2017 at 09:11.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2017, 13:38   #43
ianstonegray
Rookie

ianstonegray is on a distinguished road
World map travel lag

Loving exploring the new update, but one thing I'm struggling with is how insanely slow and lagging world travel is. Anyone else having that issue?
ianstonegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2017, 15:18   #44
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Here's another quick update: 6.0.3 (sites.google.com/site/poschengband/home).

[1] This release is a mingw build and no longer requires any msvcr*.dll to run. This should address all the issues with Windows Security Center deleting the c runtime dll causing poschengband not to run. (Huge thanks to Vanilla Angband for making this possible ... Nick set up the original buildsystem for me, and even though I've never worked with this type of system before, I was able to get this working fairly quickly by looking at the Vanilla stuff.)

[2] If you are compiling on Windows, you can try the instructions in Vanilla's compiling.txt with regard to autotools (I include a configure in the repository in case you don't have autoconf on your system). They might just work. Of course, you can continue using Poschengband.sln in Visual Studio ... I'll probably continue keeping it up to date just in case I need to debug something specific to the Windows port.

[3] This version adds an option to "reduce_uniques" to a specified percentage of the total. For those of you (including me) who think the game is too long, you might want to check this option out. The way it works is that dungeon guardians (if !no_wilderness), questors (q_info.txt), bounty uniques (20 randomly chosen) and any FIXED_UNIQUE monsters (r_info.txt) are excluded. Then, the remaining uniques are reduced to the indicated percentage (smoothly distributed by monster level ... see _reduce_uniques in py_birth.c). If you really want a shorter game, try setting no_wilderness, reduce_uniques (10%) and quickband (see below).

[4] Quickband: I've wanted an option for a faster game for a long time. With reduce_uniques, I think it is finally reasonable. This is new and untested, so probably needs some tuning. How does it work? With this option you get:
[4.1] Double experience from kills
[4.2] Stat boosts every 3 levels rather than every 5
[4.3] Better object drops
[4.4] More object drops
[4.5] !Healing, _Healing, and !Curing are all buffed. No need to wait for a huge pile of *Healing*. This option is really designed to work with reduce_uniques and, probably, no_wilderness as well. After all, exploring all the various dungeons is hardly a quick way to play! This option is designed to replace the Munchkin personality which I found to be quite a bit too much.

[5] Fixes from elliposchengband, pseudoelliposchengband.
I really need to improve my git skills here as I'm not sure how to get commits from other repositories. I simply re-key in the changes (most were simple fixes) or cut and paste. Thus, the git log of poschengband doesn't list the correct original author. My apologies. If I've missed something you feel is important, please drop a post in this thread of the forum (I might miss new threads, but I always download a copy of this thread for offline reading whenever I drop a new release). If you explain why something *must* be done, it is more likely to get included. Some changes (like restricting the eldritch horror to los; giving recall access to all dungeons from the start allowing you to bypass the guardians; branding spells working on egos and artifacts; removing erratic movement; replacement arts keep standard activations; allowing all races to eat at the inn) I don't agree with. Other changes (like removing birth object randomization; birth begins with lantern) seem really minor and don't fix bugs. I could be persuaded to add them ... they just didn't seem to be worth the effort.
[5.1] New vaults from clouded
[5.2] New quests from clouded (I converted to the new system). Might need some work on the placement in t_lite.txt, though, as they are placed after the Haunted House. I didn't have time to look at all of clouded's quest mods, though. I think he made the Haunted House easier.
[5.3] And more. "pseudo" is GenericPseudonym, "elliposchengband" is probably elliptic, though I've also grabbed fixes from MarvinPA and Chris Campbell. And, of course, clouded (who also wrote t_lite.txt and designed about half the new non-vault rooms in v_info.txt). I'll come up with a thanks.txt file at some point, so if I missed your name, give me a shout.
pseudo: Fix naturally tele-resistant dugeon entrance guardians being teleportable
pseudo: 'Charm' -> 'Charm Ring Bearer'
pseudo: all nazgul uniques qualify as ring-bearers
pseudo: fix pronouns with named pets
pseudo: message when a blue mage COULD learn a spell, but failed the random chance
pseudo: give the duelist's special attacks some more color
pseudo: don't cut off the last entry in the 'p'et menu
pseudo: count seeker and mithril ammo as rare for Mogaminator
elliposchengband: cap idle time at 30s
elliposchengband: don't print message when autosaving (MarvinPA)
elliposchengband: remove gender restrictions from sexy/lucky personalities
elliposchengband: allow quickstart after wizmode game
elliposchengband: don't fail to eat at inn if full
elliposchengband: improve monster spoiler listing
elliposchengband: Fix autodestroying gamble shop items not giving essences

[6] Fixes from oook forum requests (See, I do actually read these :
oook request: give the home shop-like command aliases
autoget: turn off options by default
oook report: wilderness scroll invalidates a local cave_type pointer in move_player_effect
oook report: typo (High Priest of Morlok)
oook report: museum donations are fully identified
oook report: selling unidentified junk should not keep the item in stock
oook report: shop inventories are sorting incorrectly
oook report: Quiver is full msg when no quiver worn.
oook report: home/museum display centers the title using the screen size, not the document size, resulting in clipping
Study: Regression. item_tester_learn_spell broken for Hex High Mages

[7] Finally, some minor fixes and tweaks:
Rune Knights: Rune Swords already have runes
Artifacts: Flags should extend the base object rather than override them.
Skillmasters: Martial Artists get too much DEX
Skillmasters: Remove (+h,+d) melee bonuses
Wilderness Travel: More issues
shops: initial inventory load turns over too quickly
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2017, 17:10   #45
TheQuest
Scout

TheQuest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
[6] Fixes from oook forum requests (See, I do actually read these :
Haven't found mine among them (add "go to specified location" to pets command menu ) but still hoping for the best
TheQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2017, 17:49   #46
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer

Antoine is on a distinguished road
wahoo! Some love for Quickband

A.
Old April 6, 2017, 18:54   #47
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Apparently, this 6.0.3 and probably all recent versions directly downloaded from the usual spot, extracted, and opened for the very first time are temp-blocked by Windows 10 Defender SmartScreen. It's not a bit deal though because I just click on 'More Info' and 'Run Anyway' and then we're good.

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as MjolnirExcalibur (formerly AzureExcalibur777) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
Old April 6, 2017, 18:55   #48
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Bugs in 6.0.2 (don't know if fixed in 6.0.3)
-Equipment overflows when taking off item while your inventory is at full 'z' capacity
-If inventory overflows upon completion of town quest, you lose the reward (i.e. disappears)
-Sleeping monsters may spawn during ambushes...in which you can just flee to the World Map while they're still asleep

Older bugs (again I haven't checked if these are already fixed in 6.0.2 or 6.0.3 or by now)
-Chardumps not showing Force-Trainer and Blue-Mage spells

Still ongoing bug in 6.0.3:
-Off-center wilderness bug still occurs randomly, whether it's an ambush or me finishing a town quest
-You cannot sell actively worn equipment items (until you take them off first!)

Chris says:
> Skillmasters: Remove (+h,+d) melee bonuses
--ouch....although I now understand the justification for that.....

Well in that case, I'm going back to my Tonberry ways...

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; April 7, 2017 at 08:42.
Old April 6, 2017, 20:54   #49
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuest View Post
Haven't found mine among them (add "go to specified location" to pets command menu ) but still hoping for the best
For this you just target your pets to a specific monster

Old April 6, 2017, 21:42   #50
ianstonegray
Rookie

ianstonegray is on a distinguished road
First go at new update and it looks like world map lag was fixed
ianstonegray is offline   Reply With Quote