Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 8, 2017, 03:30   #191
passer_by
Rookie

passer_by is on a distinguished road
Mac OS X, I started a game and enabled full screen with Window > Enter Full Screen, then quit with ^X.

When I restarted the game it started in the default-size window but the title screen was incorrectly centred (offset to the bottom right, as if it were being centred for the full screen). Similarly, the main map area appeared blank immediately after loading because @ was off screen to the bottom right (this fixed itself as soon as I resized the window).
passer_by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2017, 23:08   #192
kandrc
Swordsman

kandrc is on a distinguished road
In g36595ad:

My @ has all resists except light (which includes rBlind). He has ESP, but no see invis.

Attached image shows @ is pounding on a bone golem. Nearby master vamp summons darkness, and then @ is blind. Save and restore of the game restored @'s vision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blind.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1573  
kandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2017, 02:16   #193
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandrc View Post
In g36595ad:

My @ has all resists except light (which includes rBlind). He has ESP, but no see invis.

Attached image shows @ is pounding on a bone golem. Nearby master vamp summons darkness, and then @ is blind. Save and restore of the game restored @'s vision.
That's really odd. I've filed it as a bug.
Old September 9, 2017, 08:24   #194
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
New builds now available for Windows and macOS (nightlies page is currently having some issues). Changes are
  • Fix to off-by-one error which was preventing the last object of a given type ever being a randart - most notably arkenstones, but also mattocks, ethereal cloaks, etc
  • Improvements (I hope) to pathfinding. I have taken PowerWyrm's analysis into consideration, but my changes aren't precisely the suggested ones. Feedback from PowerWyrm or anyone else very welcome.
Old September 9, 2017, 11:53   #195
Sky
Knight

Sky is on a distinguished road
had another sell price bug. a ring of resist fire & cold selling for 15.000 before ID.
Old September 9, 2017, 17:02   #196
Sideways
Apprentice

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandrc View Post
In g36595ad:

Were you actually blind, or just surrounded by dark squares that hid the monsters? I've had strange dark squares appear that hide monsters even within light radius, though I'm not sure whether they still do that with ESP.

Last edited by Sideways; September 9, 2017 at 17:12.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2017, 19:03   #197
passer_by
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
The priest prayer Sense invisible has a lower-case i; it should have an upper-case I to be consistent with every other prayer and spell.

Also, in quiver-related prompts (like "fire which ammunition?") the text says "Quiver: a-c" but the slots involved are actually 0, 1 and 2; so either the text should say "Quiver: 0-2" or letters should be allowed as substitutes for digits.

(Yes, finding trivial things to complain about when everybody else is reporting serious bugs is my specialty )
I have a couple of trivial complaints along very much the same lines ...

1. The "remove which curse?" prompt should label the curse slots a), b), etc. so that, like every other prompt, you can select the curse with a keyboard letter rather than the arrow keys.

2. It would be more in keeping with Angband UX style for the curses to be referred to as, for example, "Curse of Treacherous Weapon" (note capitalization) instead of "treacherous weapon curse".
Old September 10, 2017, 00:46   #198
passer_by
Rookie

In my 4.1.0 savefile the Black Market is selling a Ring of Strength which is not fully identified — pval is not shown, and 'x' tells me "You do not know the full extent of this item's powers". There appears to be no way of determining the pval of the ring without buying it.

Or is this a new feature of the Black Market?

Last edited by passer_by; September 12, 2017 at 03:59.
Old September 10, 2017, 01:01   #199
kandrc
Swordsman

kandrc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Were you actually blind, or just surrounded by dark squares that hid the monsters? I've had strange dark squares appear that hide monsters even within light radius, though I'm not sure whether they still do that with ESP.
Not clear. I never get a "You can't see" message, but everything else in LoS was ESP visible. Regardless, I had multiple sources of permanent light but couldn't see the monster in the cell adjacent to me.
kandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 02:38   #200
TranceProgHouse
Rookie

TranceProgHouse is on a distinguished road
In the current build, 4.1.0 and one of the recent build (subsets?), I cannot get sound to work, it last worked for me in 4.0.5 when it was setup under the xtra folder. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Although I do not have a lot of time because of work, I have been making some sound effects for roguelikes, especially dcss/nethack and would like to gradually put together a common sound pack for those plus angband, and as a gamer in general, I enjoy audio cues when playing quickly because a sound can provide information faster than reading a message in some cases.
TranceProgHouse is offline   Reply With Quote