Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old August 21, 2007, 04:03   #1
Madoka
Apprentice

Madoka is on a distinguished road
Entroband Artifact Question

I just went to the Weapon Smith in Telmora, and he had an item that looked like an artifact (well, it was named): The Trident 'fimlach' (2d8) (+14,+12) [+7] (+3).

If I don't buy this, is it gone forever as it was not generated in a dungeon and I guess it's identified?

Thanks.
Madoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2007, 04:38   #2
camlost
Sangband 1.x Maintainer

camlost is on a distinguished road
Heng/Entro is based off of Zangband, which generates random artifacts. Random artifacts in these variants are always available only once. Of course, it might still be in the shop when you come back. Or not.
Old August 23, 2007, 21:05   #3
Madoka
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize it generated random artifacts. Very nice.

I have yet another question, not specifically artifact related.

Do light radii stack? I mean, if I have a light source of radius 2, and wield a sword with permenant light of radius 1, will I get a light radius of 3? Or just the max of any one source? I've never gotten far enough in any *band to figure that one out.

Thanks.
Old August 23, 2007, 22:54   #4
pav
Administrator

pav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to pav
I haven't played Entro, but I bet it does not stack.
Old August 24, 2007, 04:45   #5
Atriel
Apprentice

Atriel is on a distinguished road
In heng, entro and [O] (and maybe Z) they stack, and it is possible to get a HUGE light radius filling big rooms in the dungeon...
In heng and entro this is easily reachable due to the ammount of items with +light, in O its harder...
Dunno if there is a cap thou.
Atriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2007, 02:49   #6
Madoka
Apprentice

Thanks for the info.

Another day, another question.

So I'm at Dlvl 20 and I'm tapping away. A bit later I see that my Con had been reduced to 18/115 from 18/119. No big deal, I think. I later find a mushroom of restore con and (E)at it. My Con goes up to 18/117 and is now green.

What happened there? Shouldn't it be 119? I realize it's not much, but did my Max stat go down by 2? Or can I get it back up to where it would have been if I hadn't had that encounter?

Thanks again.
Old August 29, 2007, 05:06   #7
Big Al
Swordsman

Donated: $18.32
Big Al is on a distinguished road
Assuming Entro stats work the same as vanilla, all the stats from 18/110 to 18/119 are treated exactly the same as far as bonuses and such work. So, I think there shouldn't be any gameplay differences between 18/115, 18/117, 18/119.

I can't explain the difference between the max stats. Never seen that before. Only obvious thing that I can think of is that you remembered it wrong...

(Have I ever mentioned that I think that the 18/xyz stats are yet another carryover from D&D that we could do without?)
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29, 2007, 09:24   #8
andrewdoull
Unangband maintainer

andrewdoull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madoka View Post
Thanks for the info.

Another day, another question.

So I'm at Dlvl 20 and I'm tapping away. A bit later I see that my Con had been reduced to 18/115 from 18/119. No big deal, I think. I later find a mushroom of restore con and (E)at it. My Con goes up to 18/117 and is now green.

What happened there? Shouldn't it be 119? I realize it's not much, but did my Max stat go down by 2? Or can I get it back up to where it would have been if I hadn't had that encounter?

Thanks again.
Um, that suggests your maximum stat has changed. Not good at all... you'll need to talk to an Entroband person about this. I suspect its variant specific...
Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com
andrewdoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2007, 00:47   #9
Atriel
Apprentice

Atriel is on a distinguished road
This is not a bug. There are *MANY* things that can lower and mess your max stats in Heng and Entro, hits by any undead have a small chance to permanently decrease con if you dont have hold life/res nether, Nexus can trade and CHANGE max stats, and Chaos too (also nullified by resists);
Fire, Acid, Cold, Eletricity and Poison also can decrease max value of the stat if you take a big hit without the appropriate resistance. Also there is at least one trap that can lower max stat value.

In Heng and Entro, every resist you have covered do give logical, positive effects to help nullify effects of certain kinds of attacks, including certain kinds of melee attacks, and the lack of any resist can kill you later.

Just in case you dont know, in Entro/Heng, your stats do not max at 18/100. Drink a potion of Knowledge to know your char current max stats and a potion of new life to re-roll them.
Atriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30, 2007, 02:10   #10
Madoka
Apprentice

Thanks for the info. I have a Pattern Weapon that has Hold Life checked (with the +) on the third page of the (C)haracter screen. So shouldn't that have stopped the Con decrease?

Also, I realize that using multiple pieces of armor with Resist Acid will not be additive. I am playing a Draconian with Acid Resistance and am wearing 2 pieces of armor that also grant Acid Resistance. I don't take much damage, but what else do I need to do to prevent my equipped armors from being damaged?

Entro seems to be pretty generous with Ego items, especially as I don't see an auto-scum option. However, artifacts seem pretty scarce. I haven't seen the Phail yet and none of the cloaks yet.