AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old August 27, 2018, 14:47   #11
Tibarius
Swordsman

Tibarius is an unknown quantity at this point
window size and position

By the way there is an bug through all the versions i played so far:

The Window size and the window positions are not exactly stored in the configuration file.

Each time i start the Angband executable the windows are slightly misplaced and missized. Something in the range of a few points only but still annoying to
perfectly match them each time to cover the complete screen.

It has nothing to do with the screen size. Bought a new screen with a much higher dpi than the old one, but the windows are still mismatched as it was before.

Would be nice if you could take a look at that Nick Thanks!
Old August 27, 2018, 16:24   #12
Carg
Rookie

Carg is on a distinguished road
Talking font size

Oh, thanks a lot Tiberius. I actually got a new screen 2 days ago, with more but smaller pixels, so I really needed some font resizing! Did I miss any tutorial / manual where this is explained? Actually now I know I think I could have experimented more with those 'Window' options, but under MS Windows I've become so used to truetype fonts that I never realized that it were separate settings.
Another thing that could be explained is that the tile size is a multiplier of the font-size, so changing the font also changes the tiles.
Knowing better how it works, I just changed 1 terminal to a different font size, and then changed the rest with copy-paste in the angband.ini file.
If you look at that file, you see the terminal size is expressed in lines and columns, which are probably rounded down, so any pixel-precise sizing will be lost the next time. The position is stored in pixels, so that shouldn't change I would think.

All in all my reported bug is resolved, but the whole system has a number of co-dependencies and side effects that make it hard to understand and handle. Perhaps the price for system-independence?
Carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2018, 13:20   #13
gglibertine
Adept

gglibertine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carg View Post
10 - Wish: display monster level in monster memory (esp. with uniques). If there is not enough room, I wouldn't mind the monster symbol being removed - I assume most users use tiles by now anyway.
DEFINITELY not a safe assumption. Many of us are not merely old-school, but just plain old (and thus blind). I play fullscreen on a 32" monitor using the 12x24 font, in ASCII mode like nature intended!

You kids today, with your subwindows and graphics tiles. When I was your age we had to memorize every host between ourselves and each recipient of our emails, and we LIKED IT.

Love,

uunet!decuac!c3pe!gypsy
gglibertine is offline   Reply With Quote