Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 21, 2016, 10:59   #351
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
One minor bug, the look command is pausing on ignored items when moving from object to monster, etc.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2016, 12:23   #352
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
More builds - Windows and OS X - that fix lack of sidebar updates and spara's new crash - but still not the monster list or targeting ignored stuff.

Opinions on taking the {??} off consumables?
Old March 21, 2016, 12:56   #353
tprice
Adept

tprice is on a distinguished road
Instead of {??} On the consumables maybe {unknown} ? The tag is handy for spotting new things to test and might even be more important for those that always keep flavors visible.
tprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2016, 13:45   #354
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
The monster list doesn't work anymore because monster_list_can_update() now checks vs cave_monster_max() and only allows redraw when entries_size <= cave_monster_max(). This means that the list won't be updated if you enter a level which has less monsters than the previous one.
Old March 21, 2016, 13:59   #355
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Commit 42adf6d: this forces one entry per object, which means you will have two separate entries for two similar objects in the same square. Instead of removing the call to object_similar(), it would be better to add a location check in object_similar() instead.
Old March 21, 2016, 17:27   #356
spara
Adept

spara is on a distinguished road
I just got drained of str and con, but I've still got question marks in all stats. A bug?
spara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2016, 21:35   #357
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
The monster list doesn't work anymore because monster_list_can_update() now checks vs cave_monster_max() and only allows redraw when entries_size <= cave_monster_max(). This means that the list won't be updated if you enter a level which has less monsters than the previous one.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Commit 42adf6d: this forces one entry per object, which means you will have two separate entries for two similar objects in the same square. Instead of removing the call to object_similar(), it would be better to add a location check in object_similar() instead.
I don't think this is a problem - similar items on the same grid will almost always have stacked and be a single item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spara View Post
I just got drained of str and con, but I've still got question marks in all stats. A bug?
Yeah, that seems like a bug.
Old March 22, 2016, 01:59   #358
fruviad
Apprentice

fruviad is on a distinguished road
Minor typo in lib/help/command.txt on line 97?

This causes you to move one step in a given direction. If the quare you

"quare" should be "square".
fruviad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2016, 02:23   #359
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Latest builds for Windows and OS X.

Changes:
  • Monster list updates correctly (thanks to PowerWyrm and molybdenum)
  • 'l'ook command no longer looks at ignored floor items
  • Lack of sustain is noticed on items after stat drain

I think that's all the known bugs dealt with - please let me know if I've missed any, or report new ones. Also opinions on how this branch is looking now are welcome.

I have just realised that I haven't implemented an Identify spell - I guess that will happen for next build (unless there are objections). Plan was for it to pretty much be as before - cheap and early for mages, less cheap and later for rogues and rangers, in a dungeon book for priests and paladins.
Old March 22, 2016, 04:42   #360
tprice
Adept

tprice is on a distinguished road
First, 2 updated versions in one day! Thanks for all the hard work Nick and for those that help find the problem code!

Well I just ran into my first Greater Vault while playing the RuneID Branch. a Mazer vault at DL45. I found the new ID scheme made all the loot I found much easier to sort as I made my way slowly through it. As a CL32 Ranger I would barely have regular ID spell, not enough mana to spam it, and probably would have been worried over what to use my limited staves on if this was "vanilla ID" still.

I also found I'm intrigued by what would otherwise be junk but has a rune or two i don't know. I was eager when i found a small stack of ?ID in one space. Even after dropping off the things that stack finished off I'm carrying around a couple things i don't have fully IDed...

I'll go post a bigger report on my fun with the vault over in AAR instead of cluttering up this thread.
tprice is offline   Reply With Quote