Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2010, 09:26   #1
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 44
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
r1886 bug(s) and comments

I'm getting strange bugs in my object list window.

Sometimes I get (nothing) in the window - in red.
I also get things like 'a pewter amulet(x2)' when there is only one. Picking it up causes both to go from the list.

Also had a weird bug prior to 1886 which may or may not have been fixed (only saw it once and has not happened in this version yet). I suddenly spotted the star a few tiles away, but when I tried to walk over it, I got the message about walking into a wall. I noticed in my object view that the star was mentioned twice. Sure enough on the other side of the level I could see a star tile - however I'd never been over there or close enough to possiby have detected anything. Very strange.

Recharge times still seem very hit and miss for randarts. I got one randart with an 8d12 (or similar) frost bolt activation and its recharge time was around 250 turns. That is pretty much useless even if it was 10 turns (unless it is on a very weak art - which it wasn't). I got an awesome pair of gauntlets which activated for restore strength - every 200+ turns. Such a quirky activation should not need such a long charge time.

Cheers,
Si
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2010, 11:24   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
I'm getting strange bugs in my object list window.

Sometimes I get (nothing) in the window - in red.
I also get things like 'a pewter amulet(x2)' when there is only one. Picking it up causes both to go from the list.

Also had a weird bug prior to 1886 which may or may not have been fixed (only saw it once and has not happened in this version yet). I suddenly spotted the star a few tiles away, but when I tried to walk over it, I got the message about walking into a wall. I noticed in my object view that the star was mentioned twice. Sure enough on the other side of the level I could see a star tile - however I'd never been over there or close enough to possiby have detected anything. Very strange.

Recharge times still seem very hit and miss for randarts. I got one randart with an 8d12 (or similar) frost bolt activation and its recharge time was around 250 turns. That is pretty much useless even if it was 10 turns (unless it is on a very weak art - which it wasn't). I got an awesome pair of gauntlets which activated for restore strength - every 200+ turns. Such a quirky activation should not need such a long charge time.

Cheers,
Si
I can't help on the first two, although I know you're not the first person to report the phantom duplication of objects (someone else reported the duplicate being embedded in a wall). I don't know how they could be related, but these seem to have cropped up since the object list code was improved.

The recharge time of the restore strength activation is correct - quirky but quite powerful (as it essentially removes the need for susSTR if you discount meleeing ninjas), and recharge time is based on power (110 to 200 turns in this case). The 250 turns for an 12d8 frost bolt is very wrong though - that should have been 56 to 98 turns. Grateful if you could post the savefile and the randart.log file for that.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2010, 11:58   #3
Psi
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 44
Posts: 870
Psi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
The recharge time of the restore strength activation is correct - quirky but quite powerful (as it essentially removes the need for susSTR if you discount meleeing ninjas)
I had susStr covered multiple times (maybe even on the object itself...?) so it wasn't my favourite activation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
The 250 turns for an 12d8 frost bolt is very wrong though - that should have been 56 to 98 turns. Grateful if you could post the savefile and the randart.log file for that.
A bit late for that I'm afraid. Usual stupid risk led to instakill. I was perma speed +7 and hasted +17 - would that account for the turns difference (I can't say is was exactly 250 but I'm sure it was in that ballpark)? Even so that is still a long recharge for something that is pretty useless IMHO.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2010, 14:06   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
I had susStr covered multiple times (maybe even on the object itself...?) so it wasn't my favourite activation

A bit late for that I'm afraid. Usual stupid risk led to instakill. I was perma speed +7 and hasted +17 - would that account for the turns difference (I can't say is was exactly 250 but I'm sure it was in that ballpark)? Even so that is still a long recharge for something that is pretty useless IMHO.
Oh of course - I'd forgotten that recharge times are screwed when you're at high speed. (Something I really object to, but I'm in a minority of one.) Yes, at +17 speed it would have shown up as something like 250 turns, which is indeed rubbish. Ho hum.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2010, 14:39   #5
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 39
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Sometimes I get (nothing) in the window - in red.
I saw that recently also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
I also get things like 'a pewter amulet(x2)' when there is only one. Picking it up causes both to go from the list.
I think this is related to the next bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Also had a weird bug prior to 1886 which may or may not have been fixed (only saw it once and has not happened in this version yet). I suddenly spotted the star a few tiles away, but when I tried to walk over it, I got the message about walking into a wall. I noticed in my object view that the star was mentioned twice. Sure enough on the other side of the level I could see a star tile - however I'd never been over there or close enough to possiby have detected anything. Very strange.
Someone else has reported this and created a savefile where it is happening. Sometime in the next few days I hope to take a look at it.

Thanks again for your bug reports.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
deep descent bug 3.1.2 dev r1886 Tatami Vanilla 15 January 21, 2010 22:06
A Few Comments about V Malatar Vanilla 20 January 5, 2010 22:40
hodge podge of [V] bug trac comments chem Vanilla 3 January 22, 2009 20:57
3.1.0 Comments/Observations evariste Vanilla 6 January 17, 2009 02:25
3.10 Comments awldune Vanilla 3 January 11, 2009 14:29


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.