Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2010, 01:32   #1
Speusippus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
Speusippus is on a distinguished road
Oangband Spoilers

At the Oangband site (the one that comes up first when I google "Oangband") there's a link to some spoilers, but they don't include any information about the races and classes.

Is there online somewhere a document explaining the races and classes?

I gather there's some kind of "specialty" system in Oangband--for example, a mage can acquire a "heighten magic" specialty. Is there a spoiler document about this system as well?
Speusippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2010, 04:27   #2
jsv
Scout
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Russia
Posts: 27
jsv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speusippus View Post
At the Oangband site (the one that comes up first when I google "Oangband") there's a link to some spoilers, but they don't include any information about the races and classes.

Is there online somewhere a document explaining the races and classes?

I gather there's some kind of "specialty" system in Oangband--for example, a mage can acquire a "heighten magic" specialty. Is there a spoiler document about this system as well?
I don't think there are any spoilers for the things you're mentioned. Races, classes, speciality abilities and combat mechanics are described pretty well in the non-spoiler help files (which you can access by pressing '?'). But if you want exact numbers and formulas, you have to look at the source code.
__________________
S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!
jsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2010, 14:44   #3
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsv View Post
I don't think there are any spoilers for the things you're mentioned. Races, classes, speciality abilities and combat mechanics are described pretty well in the non-spoiler help files (which you can access by pressing '?'). But if you want exact numbers and formulas, you have to look at the source code.
No, there are very very good Oangband spoilers, at oangband.com/spoilers. For example, the one on specialties is http://www.oangband.com/spoilers/spec-070.txt. There's also one on combat mechanics: http://www.oangband.com/spoilers/cmbt-070.txt. They're for 0.7.0, but things haven't changed that fundamentally (except for Unlight, I understand). There isn't much to know on races and classes, except what's in the help files - no spoilers needed.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2010, 17:24   #4
jsv
Scout
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Russia
Posts: 27
jsv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
No, there are very very good Oangband spoilers, at oangband.com/spoilers.
Oops, I completely forgot about these spoilers. I used them in 0.6.2 times, they are excellent.

Thanks for correcting me.
__________________
S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!
jsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
learning without spoilers PowerDiver Vanilla 19 May 23, 2009 02:43
Stat Gain Question (spoilers possible) bpleshek Vanilla 10 October 1, 2008 18:45
[Sangband] another rambling, suggestions {spoilers} Atriel Variants 10 September 14, 2008 21:53
Some weapon questions (spoilers) Wraitheist Vanilla 36 September 13, 2008 03:39
Spoilers updated for Vanilla 3.0.8! Hugo Vanilla 23 July 21, 2007 08:12


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.