Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 7, 2010, 16:07   #11
ewert
Knight

ewert is on a distinguished road
Well I have played roguelikes since, err, Rogue and Hack, which included Moria and earlier Angband versions too, but I think I so rarely got into deep levels before. Definitely remember when was getting to my first winners in V, that there was insane amounts of stuff on the floor after clearing pits. =P Whereas now it is nearly every character that gets to 95+ (I sometimes just delete chars when I feel bored ...) but with squelch it just doesn't look that bad as so many things are squelched away I guess.

I'll give this 60% reduce version a whirl now. Freaking doing stat gain for hours and NO stat gains, lol.
ewert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2010, 16:44   #12
ewert
Knight

Okay I think I broke something trying to make the potions do the same effect twice just adding two E: lines? I'm just not seeing any stat gain potions at all ... I mean I am diving like nuts and even vaults have no un-id'd potions in them ... They are not squelched either.
Old July 7, 2010, 16:55   #13
ewert
Knight

Okay dropped from town to +- stat potion levels, they drop. So adding two effects in the object file does not work. If they are different, the later effect is the one that will happen. If they are identical it seems it breaks them and the potions just do not appear at all...

Or something is broken in using two rarity lines in the file, could be that aswell.
Old July 7, 2010, 16:59   #14
ewert
Knight

Actually, the lack of the items might mean that any double line in object.txt works that only the latter line is taken into account ... I think I read somewhere that it was supposed to work so that you could add two lines for "rarity" and it would work.

Apparently it does not. It would explain all these problems I'm having.
Old July 7, 2010, 17:39   #15
Tiburon Silverflame
Swordsman

Tiburon Silverflame is on a distinguished road
It does say that it should support 2 such lines. A quick note, tho...I expect it was a typo, but allocation is the A: line.

I can confirm what ewert noted; it doesn't work right. What I did: modify the A lines for rounded pebbles and iron shots, first to this:

N:110:& Rounded Pebble~
A:100:0 to 10
A:10:11 to 100

N:111:& Iron Shot~
A:100:0 to 100

Then, I gave every town monster DROP_4 and ONLY_ITEM, so I had a rather rich source of drops, and given that not many things *can* drop in town, I'd get a fair number of pebbles/shots.

So go off and kill a few townies. With the lines as above, 9 sets of iron shots, NO pebbles.

OK, test 2:

N:111:& Iron Shot~
A:100:0 to 100

So now things should be pretty much even. Yep...7 pebbles, 5 shots.
Tiburon Silverflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2010, 05:55   #16
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon Silverflame View Post
It does say that it should support 2 such lines. A quick note, tho...I expect it was a typo, but allocation is the A: line.

I can confirm what ewert noted; it doesn't work right. What I did: modify the A lines for rounded pebbles and iron shots, first to this:

A:10:11 to 100
Could this work:

A:100:0 to 10 | 10:11 to 100

Like in resists?
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2010, 07:49   #17
ewert
Knight

Okay tested initially the | style, no parse errors, and scummed dlvl1 first room a bit and found some pebbles, so atleast it is not failing to generate the first part of the allocation. I will now mod my file to that format and test further.
Old July 8, 2010, 08:15   #18
ewert
Knight

Okay, new file again, went through again with the '|' to separate pairs of allocation info. Changed a bit of stuff again while going through. Testing myself now to see if it works, atleast no parse errors.
Old July 8, 2010, 10:36   #19
ewert
Knight

Dunno if it is working or not ... farming dlvl 95-96, but have 1 healing potion and I think picked it up before the alloc increase level ... and many end game staves, even seen most of the rods. But no healing pots. I think it does not work, now it just uses the first pair of the info (the lower lvl ones). Seems to be bugged, not working with multiple lines nor with |.

edit: Found wand of polymorph, which means the | worked. So it seems the problem with healing potions is, tadaa, force_good_great whatever coding?

Last edited by ewert; July 8, 2010 at 10:44.
Old July 8, 2010, 12:08   #20
ewert
Knight

Went through monster file checking drop_good, drop_great. Not too many monsters carry the flags, but many big droppers do.

I propose a change to the object.txt and object creation/allocation code so that GOOD or GREAT flags are in the object.txt file, not hardcoded.