Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20, 2013, 23:23   #261
scud
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sarf Laaaahdon
Posts: 323
scud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousHero View Post
... but hey! It *slays* demons! That's gotta be worth something, right?
I've never considered how slays, *slays*, and elemental brand To Dam numbers are calculated. Would the *slay* on something that's at –7 increase or reduce damage?
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2013, 23:38   #262
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9,024
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Slays multiply the dice damage, and have no effect on pluses. This weapon would deal 15d3 - 7 damage to demons, which honestly isn't too bad...
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2013, 00:50   #263
Nomad
Knight
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 958
Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Slays multiply the dice damage, and have no effect on pluses. This weapon would deal 15d3 - 7 damage to demons, which honestly isn't too bad...
As I recall, it would have given my High Elf warrior something like 99.8 damage vs. demons.

...And 8 vs. everything else.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2013, 01:24   #264
emulord
Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 202
emulord is on a distinguished road
At least its a good sink for Enchant scrolls.
emulord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2013, 11:12   #265
scud
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sarf Laaaahdon
Posts: 323
scud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
As I recall, it would have given my High Elf warrior something like 99.8 damage vs. demons.

...And 8 vs. everything else.
Heh. Be grateful it wasn't an orc slayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulord View Post
At least its a good sink for Enchant scrolls.
I've never stuck around long enough to break a *heavy curse*. Do regular Enchants have any chance of breaking one? Is it currently a dice roll to break, or is it an incremental decursification process?
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2013, 11:54   #266
Timo Pietilš
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Climbing up from hole I just dug.
Posts: 4,096
Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scud View Post
I've never stuck around long enough to break a *heavy curse*. Do regular Enchants have any chance of breaking one? Is it currently a dice roll to break, or is it an incremental decursification process?
Every scroll has chance to break the curse. Even when actual enchantment failed. Also priest "dispel curse" breaks heavy curses (dungeon book spell, not the "remove curse" -version). Those spells have been removed from 3.4, but they are in 3.3 (I think).
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2013, 00:40   #267
Nomad
Knight
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 958
Nomad is on a distinguished road
The damage is too low for my late-game warrior to get much use out of this now, but otherwise wow:

Code:
the Short Sword of Fearad (1d7) (+6,+16) <+4>
Found lying on the floor in a vault at 3800 feet (level 76).

+4 dexterity.
Slays giants, dragons.
Provides immunity to lightning, cold.
Provides resistance to disenchantment.
Provides protection from fear.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Grants telepathy.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1, 2013, 00:53   #268
MattB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,165
MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
The damage is too low for my late-game warrior to get much use out of this now, but otherwise wow:

Code:
the Short Sword of Fearad (1d7) (+6,+16) <+4>
Found lying on the floor in a vault at 3800 feet (level 76).

+4 dexterity.
Slays giants, dragons.
Provides immunity to lightning, cold.
Provides resistance to disenchantment.
Provides protection from fear.
Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
Grants telepathy.
immelec, immcold AND ESP. Yes, wow!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2013, 13:41   #269
MattB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,165
MattB is on a distinguished road
It's not THAT stupid.

(But it is probably the best name ever for a heroic sword of yore.)

Code:
  
t) the Main Gauche 'Moron' (2d5) (+8,+5)
     Dropped by Lagduf, the Snaga at 1350 feet (level 27).
     
     Slays orcs.
     Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
     Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
     
     Combat info:
     1.1 blows/round.
     With +3 STR and +0 DEX you would get 1.3 blows
     With +0 STR and +2 DEX you would get 1.3 blows
     Average damage/round: 39.4 vs. orcs, and 24.9 vs. others.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2013, 15:01   #270
PowerWyrm
Prophet
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,786
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
It's not THAT stupid.

(But it is probably the best name ever for a heroic sword of yore.)

Code:
  
t) the Main Gauche 'Moron' (2d5) (+8,+5)
     Dropped by Lagduf, the Snaga at 1350 feet (level 27).
     
     Slays orcs.
     Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
     Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
     
     Combat info:
     1.1 blows/round.
     With +3 STR and +0 DEX you would get 1.3 blows
     With +0 STR and +2 DEX you would get 1.3 blows
     Average damage/round: 39.4 vs. orcs, and 24.9 vs. others.
I find the name appropriate! Lagduf is indeed a moron for carrying a blade that can slay him...
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorable in-game messages Bodkin AAR 91 July 6, 2010 22:20
Randarts dhegler Vanilla 5 March 10, 2010 19:30
Randarts dhegler Vanilla 30 November 5, 2009 22:51
Randarts question fizzix Vanilla 4 October 11, 2009 18:12
Question about randarts Malak Darkhunter Vanilla 8 February 8, 2009 04:38


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.