Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old July 23, 2021, 03:09   #261
Bucephalus
Scout

Bucephalus is on a distinguished road
The help file for pets says that they won't ever betray you. They will if you're suitably awful to them.

Beastmasters should probably start the game with full monster info.

Necromancers should probably be able to master shovel.
Bucephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2021, 13:31   #262
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
The help file for pets says that they won't ever betray you. They will if you're suitably awful to them.
Where does it say that? I don't see that in either the salmiak help or the nightly help; on the contrary, they explicitly explain that pets require upkeep and may disappear or turn hostile if neglected too badly.
Old July 24, 2021, 11:15   #263
Bucephalus
Scout

Bucephalus is on a distinguished road
Verbatim, from Help: Pets: What could be nicer than a loyal pet? People sometimes worry their pets will trample them underfoot;

They will, and given the chance, they will remorselessly grind your bones into dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Where does it say that? I don't see that in either the salmiak help or the nightly help; on the contrary, they explicitly explain that pets require upkeep and may disappear or turn hostile if neglected too badly.
Bucephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2021, 10:32   #264
wobbly
Prophet

wobbly will become famous soon enough
Temporary brand damage from craft magic isn't displaying on the character sheet for melee. It seems to display just fine on a shooter.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2021, 07:45   #265
AwooWolfWoof
Rookie

AwooWolfWoof is on a distinguished road
Does artifact reforging reroll an artifact's stats/effects guys? And what is the use of max power in reforging? And does it cost gold?

I've been playing in coffee-break for a while but I really haven't tried it since most of my runs get cut short in the late 30's to early 40's. Finally got a berserker to DLVL 54 though so I'm pretty happy with that x)

Last edited by AwooWolfWoof; July 30, 2021 at 02:13.
AwooWolfWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2021, 11:54   #266
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwooWolfWoof View Post
Does artifact reforging reroll an artifact's stats/effects guys? And what is the use of max power in reforging? And does it cost gold?
Reforging is pretty expensive. The max reforging power (determined by your fame) indicates how high-scoring an object you can use as the source item. Reforging does not keep any of the stats or bonuses of the source item, but does keep those on the destination item (note though that the destination item cannot already be an artifact or ego).

See the in-game FAQ (?d) for more details.
Old July 30, 2021, 18:37   #267
GrimaTheBold
Apprentice

GrimaTheBold is on a distinguished road
Quick question - how does Device skill impact damage from devices, if at all? When I look at the damage of (for example) a wand of magic missile, it seems the damage doesn't change regardless of my device skill (for example, taking on and off gloves with a device skill bonus). Does the damage really not change? Or does it change, it just doesn't reflect in the damage shown when you examine the item?
GrimaTheBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2021, 18:42   #268
wobbly
Prophet

wobbly will become famous soon enough
Small request, when you dismiss pets and it's says "x pets dismissed", it'd be nice to get the new upkeep value. It'd also be handy to have some way to tell which pets are hasted. Currently I have to stick numbers on hounds and spiders to tell them apart.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2021, 18:55   #269
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
AFAIK, impact damage is predetermined when the magical device is generated and probably based on dlvl. Once generated, there is no way to increase impact damage.

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2021, 08:50   #270
Sideways
Knight

Device skill has no effect on the damage or power level of a device. It is determined when the item is generated, and can only be improved by race/class specialities, super-rare +DevicePower egos and the Device Mastery spell.

Tags
frogcomposband