Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 24, 2021, 08:49   #101
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineahora View Post
How do I get the new version that has these changes? just re-download 4.2.3?? or is it only available on versions that have to be manually compiled?
They're available on the releases page (there was a link in the part of my post you quoted ).
Old September 24, 2021, 19:41   #102
backwardsEric
Adept

backwardsEric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kineahora View Post
Still getting occasional quits when doing certain inscriptions. Latest was when doing a @m1@b1=g2 inscription on the basic prayer book for paladins. I noticed ti didnt give me problems with @m1=g2. Something about the browse inscription...
If you can provide some more detail about what you were doing before it quits, that would be useful (for instance, does it happen when creating a new inscription on an uninscribed book or does it happen when editing an existing inscription?). If the dialog for Apple's crash reporter comes up after Angband quits, pressing the "Report..." button and then posting here what appears in that report would also help. You don't need to send the report to Apple. The part of the report that's most relevant is the part immediately after "Application Specific Information" so posting the 15 to 20 lines after that is likely enough. That would look something like this:

Code:
Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (0), function -[AngbandAppDelegate beginGame], file main-cocoa.m, line 6051.

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        	0x00007fff2046a92e __pthread_kill + 10
1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       	0x00007fff204995bd pthread_kill + 263
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff203ee406 abort + 125
3   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x00007fff203ed7d8 __assert_rtn + 314
4   org.rephial.angband           	0x0000000108981b40 -[AngbandAppDelegate beginGame] + 608 (main-cocoa.m:6051)
5   org.rephial.angband           	0x000000010898496a -[AngbandAppDelegate applicationDidFinishLaunching:] + 138 (main-cocoa.m:6398)
6   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff20586a53 __CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER__ + 12
7   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff206224d9 ___CFXRegistrationPost_block_invoke + 49
8   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff20622454 _CFXRegistrationPost + 496
9   com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff20557cce _CFXNotificationPost + 736

Last edited by backwardsEric; September 24, 2021 at 19:42. Reason: inserted missing word
backwardsEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2021, 09:26   #103
kineahora
Scout

kineahora is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsEric View Post
If you can provide some more detail about what you were doing before it quits, that would be useful (for instance, does it happen when creating a new inscription on an uninscribed book or does it happen when editing an existing inscription?).
I'm gonna try to download the latest version and see if I can get it to crash after book inscription and then do the report thing for y'all.

Usually this happens on the town level after inscribing newly bought basic books (I often dump them in the dungeon to make an inventory slot for stuff I wanna drag back up). But I think it also happened before when I was messing with inscribing thrown weapons in the quiver--in that case changing inscriptions from @v2=g to @v3=g for instance.

Anyway what I recall (for now until I can reproduce it) is that after doing the @b1 inscription, when I try to browse the book using the b command (b1), it quit.
kineahora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2021, 16:36   #104
sffp
Adept

sffp is on a distinguished road
So previously I mentioned the nerfing of rods of Magic Mapping for warrior types.

Now I noticed you did it for rods of Curing too.

Not sure why that was changed. They were pretty bad already...
sffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3, 2021, 08:44   #105
Ugramoth
Apprentice

Ugramoth is on a distinguished road
Arkenstone shown in grey?

Maybe it's same for all versions and not specific to 4.2.3 but just saw this:
Drank potion of enlightenment and it listed 'an arkenstone'. But it was in grey color at the bottom, as if it was a crap item. Turned out to be perfectly fine arkenstone with no negative effects so no reason to show it as junk... good that I went to check it anyway
Ugramoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3, 2021, 10:51   #106
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Unmappable vault

I just posted a screenshot of a vault that resists mapping. I guess this is an embedded maze that by design is unmappable (which I like). However, I'd prefer that the outer perimeter was still mapped.
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2021, 14:59   #107
Sphara
Swordsman

Sphara is on a distinguished road
I had a Stonefoot Warrior dropping a Shovel of Earthquakes. Now this is a brand (well not a brand, the real brand there is acid, but you get the idea) I have basically never used for melee. But now, found early, being (+11, +11) <+3> STR, it obviously became my main weapon. Despite the dungeon scrambling, I thought.

My question is: why doesn't earthquake trigger at all? I fought over 20 levels with it and the quake never happened. I'm not saying I like earthquake effect on a weapon, just want to know why is there a gimmick on a weapon that never activates.

Played (and died) on angband.live 4.2.3.
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2021, 17:21   #108
Thraalbee
Knight

I'm fairly sure you need to go over a certain amount of damage to trigger a quake which is easy enough for Grond but far less so for a mere shovel.
Old October 4, 2021, 17:24   #109
Thraalbee
Knight

x k -- nothing happens (rogue_like_commands)

Using "x" to look around while using rogue_like_commands seems broken for "k" which should move the cursor upwards. All seven remaining directions works as before though.
Old October 4, 2021, 17:31   #110
Sphara
Swordsman

Sphara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbee View Post
I'm fairly sure you need to go over a certain amount of damage to trigger a quake which is easy enough for Grond but far less so for a mere shovel.
I assumed something like this. It did around 50-60 acid dmg per turn average, so it was a great find for a half-elf rogue. In hindsight, it was even greater because the quake never did occur.
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote