Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Competition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2016, 03:26   #11
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight
 
HugoTheGreat2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic, U.S.
Age: 34
Posts: 825
HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouded View Post
Please make sure your fan speed is the same as everybody else's so that this comp remains fair.
Fan speed?! What does that refer to? If you mean computer fan speed...I'm afraid that way beyond one's control....

I already posted my alive one attempt onto the Compo 195 ladder....you'll notice I accomplished THAT much in 37 minutes from the GAME START. Here's a YouTube video of my initial partaking on Compo 195 (from downloading the Compo 195 savefile to uploading my progress so far (37 min mark upon initial post) with heavy metal music in the background:

https://youtu.be/6lIl6BcBLxw

Check it out!
__________________
Hugo = Big-time PosChengband player

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (formerly MjolnirExcalibur) (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; October 14, 2016 at 06:01.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016, 11:50   #12
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,837
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
What absurdity can confuse, cause wounds, curse and summon monsters (and maybe cause hallucinations too) all every round and that isn't detected by telepathy? Oh and at DL29 too... Found one of these somewhere on a level, and after a few rounds wondering what was going on, had to play "Sir Robin" way.
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016, 14:21   #13
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,766
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
What absurdity can confuse, cause wounds, curse and summon monsters (and maybe cause hallucinations too) all every round and that isn't detected by telepathy? Oh and at DL29 too... Found one of these somewhere on a level, and after a few rounds wondering what was going on, had to play "Sir Robin" way.
Sounds like a Silent Watcher, maybe?
Derakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016, 14:31   #14
debo
Veteran
 
debo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,262
debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
What absurdity can confuse, cause wounds, curse and summon monsters (and maybe cause hallucinations too) all every round and that isn't detected by telepathy? Oh and at DL29 too... Found one of these somewhere on a level, and after a few rounds wondering what was going on, had to play "Sir Robin" way.
Code:
[U] It  (Clear 'x')
=== Num:393  Lev:24  Rar:3  Spd:+0  Hp:847  Ac:80  Exp:400
Nobody has ever seen It.
It is normally found on dungeon level 24, and moves at normal speed.
Killing this evil thief is worth about 3200.00 points for a 1st level
character. It reflects bolt spells. It may shriek for help. It is magical,
casting spells intelligently which drain mana, terrify, blind, confuse,
heal-self, blink-self, teleport to, teleport away, create darkness, create
traps, cause amnesia, summon a monster, summon hydras or summon an undead;
25% of the time. It has an armor rating of 80 and a life rating of 847. It
is invisible. It is cold blooded. It is not detected by telepathy. It
resists lightning and fire. It cannot be confused, slept or teleported. It
takes a while to see intruders, which it may notice from 250 feet. It may
carry up to 3 exceptional objects. It can gaze to blind with damage 8d8,
touch to terrify, gaze to lower experience (by 40d6+), and touch to steal
items.
It's appalling.
__________________
Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'
debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016, 17:32   #15
MattB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,087
MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
with heavy metal music in the background:
That metal certainly is heavy!
;-)
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14, 2016, 18:13   #16
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,837
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Code:
[U] It  (Clear 'x')
=== Num:393  Lev:24  Rar:3  Spd:+0  Hp:847  Ac:80  Exp:400
Nobody has ever seen It.
It is normally found on dungeon level 24, and moves at normal speed.
Killing this evil thief is worth about 3200.00 points for a 1st level
character. It reflects bolt spells. It may shriek for help. It is magical,
casting spells intelligently which drain mana, terrify, blind, confuse,
heal-self, blink-self, teleport to, teleport away, create darkness, create
traps, cause amnesia, summon a monster, summon hydras or summon an undead;
25% of the time. It has an armor rating of 80 and a life rating of 847. It
is invisible. It is cold blooded. It is not detected by telepathy. It
resists lightning and fire. It cannot be confused, slept or teleported. It
takes a while to see intruders, which it may notice from 250 feet. It may
carry up to 3 exceptional objects. It can gaze to blind with damage 8d8,
touch to terrify, gaze to lower experience (by 40d6+), and touch to steal
items.
It's appalling.
Nah, I already killed It, and it only has 25% chance to cast. That thing was clearly casting every round, confusing + cursing + dealing 100+ damage and summoning. I was thinking of a scroll/chest mimic, but it only has 1_in_5. Otherwise, spell frequency is broken...
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2016, 09:34   #17
Thraalbee
Swordsman
 
Thraalbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 379
Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
It is quite a nuisance when appearing in the cloning pits quest. I had a hard time last it happened - multiple it's combined with a hoard of normal monsters
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15, 2016, 13:24   #18
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,837
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Two questions:
- is it worth IDing and carrying all egos you find to sell them once you have over 1M gold?
- I keep getting xp from simply K-ing everything on the floor... any consequences with that or that's simply free xp?
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2016, 14:35   #19
debo
Veteran
 
debo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,262
debo is on a distinguished road
Congrats to elliptic for the speedy win! Kudos also to PowerWyrm (anyone who wins their very first game of poschengband is a 10th-dan angbander, IMO) and to hjklyubn for rounding out 3rd place with a stylish death.

Comp 196 should be up Soon(tm).
__________________
Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'
debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2016, 17:01   #20
krazyhades
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 401
krazyhades is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Nah, I already killed It, and it only has 25% chance to cast. That thing was clearly casting every round, confusing + cursing + dealing 100+ damage and summoning. I was thinking of a scroll/chest mimic, but it only has 1_in_5. Otherwise, spell frequency is broken...
Monsters with RF2_WEIRD_MIND are not "shielded from telepathy" but are still only very rarely picked up by it. I'm thinking you must have run into one of those.
krazyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comp 194 debo Competition 10 October 14, 2016 05:00
Comp 177 debo Competition 12 August 21, 2015 11:55
Comp 176 debo Competition 10 July 14, 2015 19:50
Comp 175 debo Competition 11 July 4, 2015 23:39
Comp 174 debo Competition 23 June 10, 2015 12:07


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.