AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old March 31, 2016, 15:54   #41
TheHairyOne
Apprentice

TheHairyOne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Hmm, there should be no town wall unless you set TOWN_WALL = true in mangband.cfg. And block walls are enabled like in vanilla Angband by setting "solid_walls" on in the option menu.
I was checking out someone else's server. I want to play it a bit and see what it has to offer. I will try the graphic option, thanks! I wonder if that would work in my mobile version of Angband... 8)

I am sure I will have lots of questions soon.
TheHairyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2016, 16:07   #42
TheHairyOne
Apprentice

...or sooner.

Did you do away with IM_[Resist]? I noticed it is missing from The One Ring and the Elven Rings.
Old March 31, 2016, 16:47   #43
TheHairyOne
Apprentice

Bugs?

I get 0 gold for selling unID'd items. Appropriate shops will not offer to buy ID'd items.

Just currious, how stable is the code at this point? Is there a previous version that is more stable that I should be looking into?

Are there write-ups on the new classes that have been added since Mangband?
Old March 31, 2016, 17:50   #44
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHairyOne View Post
Bugs?

I get 0 gold for selling unID'd items. Appropriate shops will not offer to buy ID'd items.
Do you have no-selling turned on? It's a birth option (hit '=' when creating your character). To compensate for not being able to sell items for cash, you get larger money drops in the dungeon; the net effect is that you get roughly the same amount of cash as if you were selling items, but you don't have to keep lugging crap back to town.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2016, 18:52   #45
TheHairyOne
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Do you have no-selling turned on? It's a birth option (hit '=' when creating your character). To compensate for not being able to sell items for cash, you get larger money drops in the dungeon; the net effect is that you get roughly the same amount of cash as if you were selling items, but you don't have to keep lugging crap back to town.
So much to learn!
Old April 1, 2016, 12:50   #46
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
...or sooner.

Did you do away with IM_[Resist]? I noticed it is missing from The One Ring and the Elven Rings.
The new code is based on vanilla 4.0, IM_XXX and RES_XXX flags have been combined into RES_XXX. An immunity is declared as RES_XXX[3], while a simple resistance is set as RES_XXX[1]. Same goes with slays and brands, which have the multiplier defined in the text files.
Old April 1, 2016, 13:02   #47
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bugs?

Just currious, how stable is the code at this point? Is there a previous version that is more stable that I should be looking into?

Are there write-ups on the new classes that have been added since Mangband?
The "birth_no_selling" option is the default like in vanilla Angband, so you get more gold but cannot sell back items (except for ID purposes). If you want to be able to sell items, unset this option during character birth.

The code is very stable at this point (1.1.11 build 7). All changes from master (vanilla Angband) have been ported except a couple things which have been committed the past days (and that's only cosmetic code changes). My todo list is currently empty, except for two bugs that I've not been able to reproduce.

If you want more info, check the help files. They have been updated with all changes in PWMAngband. If you want detail about the new races/classes, try birth.txt.
Old April 1, 2016, 14:53   #48
TheHairyOne
Apprentice

I am guessing there is an option somewhere that turns off XP on levels higher than the deepest level you have been to? Just spent 30min hunting 50ft after a death to see that my XP meter hasnt moved. 8(
Old April 1, 2016, 15:40   #49
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am guessing there is an option somewhere that turns off XP on levels higher than the deepest level you have been to? Just spent 30min hunting 50ft after a death to see that my XP meter hasnt moved. 8(
What level is your character? It doesn't take long for characters to get tiny fractions of an experience point from monsters found at 50'. Like, a kobold might give you .03 experience points per kill.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2016, 16:45   #50
TheHairyOne
Apprentice

L3 so that definately isnt the problem. I am familiar with how Angband handles XP and there is definately something funny going on here....but is it by design?

On the plus side, I noticed when I got close to death that time dialates and you actually have a chance to try to save yourself. This is a HUGE improvement in my book.