Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 17, 2020, 09:35   #91
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
No idea if this was noticed from another thread, but I'll repost it here:

- get two stacks of identical items in the inventory (this is very easy to attain with scrolls of Phase Door): for example, a) 40 scrolls of Phase Door and b) 10 scrolls of Phase Door
- read one scroll from pile a)
- result: message "You have 39 scrolls of phase door (a)" but when you look at your inventory, you have in fact a) 40 scrolls of Phase Door and b) 9 scrolls of Phase Door
- repeating the operation depletes stack b) even if you read from stack a)

I suppose it's because pack is reordered so the 39+10 scrolls become 40+9, but it feels like you read from wrong pile.
Old July 17, 2020, 12:59   #92
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Same artifact dropped twice...actually makes sense for weapons with THROWING flag.... Especially if Nick brings back WELL_BALANCED flag as well. Those would be a real bonus in the quiver, in the early game. That axe would do 104 dam/turn thrown. And thrown weapons should get strength bonus as well. (As should longbow and sling, for that matter.)
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2020, 19:03   #93
DavidMedley
Knight

DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Effects with dice:x turns are actually lasting (x-1) turns, which means trying to set an effect with dice:1 actually does nothing. This is probably the reason why some temporary effects like stun disappear immediately since I think they are supposed to last one turn.

To fix this, I think decrease_timeouts() should be called before process_pending_commands() and not after so a duration of one turn actually lasts one turn.

Edit: this seems to work fine in PWMAngband after the change.
What if you only want it to last for the player's current turn?
DavidMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2020, 19:52   #94
DavidMedley
Knight

Have the rules for debuffing sleeping monsters changed? I'm in favor of this, at least for some effects, but when I'm slowing a sleeping monster it now wakes *without telling me*.
Old July 17, 2020, 20:20   #95
malcontent
Scout

malcontent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Same artifact dropped twice...actually makes sense for weapons with THROWING flag.... Especially if Nick brings back WELL_BALANCED flag as well. Those would be a real bonus in the quiver, in the early game. That axe would do 104 dam/turn thrown. And thrown weapons should get strength bonus as well. (As should longbow and sling, for that matter.)
In this case I had the same artifact simultaneously at home and in my pack.
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2020, 20:24   #96
malcontent
Scout

Thrown damage

Another thing I've been wondering about with 4.2.1...

I like having the thrown damage shown when inspecting an item. However, my feeling is that the actual damage done is regularly exceeding the advertised amount of damage. No concrete examples, but now that I've mentioned it I'll see if I can duplicate it.
Old July 18, 2020, 02:11   #97
malcontent
Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
Another thing I've been wondering about with 4.2.1...

I like having the thrown damage shown when inspecting an item. However, my feeling is that the actual damage done is regularly exceeding the advertised amount of damage. No concrete examples, but now that I've mentioned it I'll see if I can duplicate it.
Starting a new game - HalfTroll Warrior - Average thrown damage for the dagger is 2.5.

I've throw it a 6 people/animals in town, killing all of them, with damages of:

If I was attacking normally with it I would have 3.4 blows per round. It seems like the damage calculation for throwing might be multiplying thrown damage by 3.4 .
Old July 20, 2020, 07:56   #98
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMedley View Post
What if you only want it to last for the player's current turn?
You need to set "dice:2". Currently, setting "dice:1" will trigger the effect and immediately decrease the turn count, setting it to zero and ending the effect without having it last a turn.
Old July 20, 2020, 15:00   #99
DavidMedley
Knight

Oh. That does sound like undesirable behavior.
Old July 22, 2020, 15:30   #100
lea2501
Scout

lea2501 is on a distinguished road
Hi! i was playing a necromancer and noticed that in 4.2.1 the "Miasma" spell replaced the "Poison cloud" i think the name was, but that was usable with a poison resistance. This allucinating effect, how it's resistable? because i think i can not use spells if i got Allucination, right?
lea2501 is offline   Reply With Quote