Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2016, 14:32   #1
simon_a_robinson
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
simon_a_robinson is on a distinguished road
Minor bug reports

I'm playing 386-g2-cd83cd and have noticed two very minor things:

1. I found an unidentified scroll of deep descent on level 1. When I read it, the order of the messages was incorrect:

The air around you starts to swirl...
Welcome to level 2.
You have a scroll of Deep Descent (g).
The floor opens up beneath you!
This seems a quiet peaceful place.
(I was on level 6)

2. Is it intentional that the find traps, doors and stairs spell no longer finds all secret doors? I cast it whilst in a special room and the secret doors in the special room were not detected.
simon_a_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2016, 22:01   #2
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,578
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_a_robinson View Post
I'm playing 386-g2-cd83cd and have noticed two very minor things:

1. I found an unidentified scroll of deep descent on level 1. When I read it, the order of the messages was incorrect:

The air around you starts to swirl...
Welcome to level 2.
You have a scroll of Deep Descent (g).
The floor opens up beneath you!
This seems a quiet peaceful place.
(I was on level 6)
One day when message printing gets completely redone I may start considering this a bug again. For now it's just rustic charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_a_robinson View Post
2. Is it intentional that the find traps, doors and stairs spell no longer finds all secret doors? I cast it whilst in a special room and the secret doors in the special room were not detected.
Yes, intentional. Secret doors are now found automatically on stepping next to them, and at no other time.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2016, 21:34   #3
NCountr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
NCountr is on a distinguished road
Items disappear

Very minor, yet annoying bug in 4.0.5: (possibly reported, not sure..)
i. Find a pile of say 2-or-more un-ID'd pick-a-flavor-rings on the ground.

ii. (w)ear one of them. (ID'ing it in the process, changing the identifier..)

iii. (t)ake off the one you are wearing. Rather than go back in to inventory, the one you just took off will disappear completely. Gone in to the abyss...!
The one on the floor will still be there.

It's also interesting that the player logic does not ID the pile of identical items remaining on the floor.
NCountr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2016, 22:03   #4
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,578
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCountr View Post
Very minor, yet annoying bug in 4.0.5: (possibly reported, not sure..)
i. Find a pile of say 2-or-more un-ID'd pick-a-flavor-rings on the ground.

ii. (w)ear one of them. (ID'ing it in the process, changing the identifier..)

iii. (t)ake off the one you are wearing. Rather than go back in to inventory, the one you just took off will disappear completely. Gone in to the abyss...!
The one on the floor will still be there.

It's also interesting that the player logic does not ID the pile of identical items remaining on the floor.
If you have set the type of the first ring to be ignored, this is correct behaviour - in that case, hitting 'K' for unignore should show the first ring nearby. If not, looks like a bug. Or did you mean both rings were of the same type?
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2016, 22:56   #5
NCountr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
NCountr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
If you have set the type of the first ring to be ignored, this is correct behaviour - in that case, hitting 'K' for unignore should show the first ring nearby. If not, looks like a bug. Or did you mean both rings were of the same type?
These were not in the ignore list, no.
Both rings are like the same type, value.

I believe the same happens with armor and other wearable things. Rather than go back in to inventory as I would expect, the item just disappears without a trace.
NCountr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2016, 03:55   #6
NCountr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
NCountr is on a distinguished road
Disappearing mob..

Might be reported already, but I lost a mob today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disappearing_trick.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1441


Maybe a bug in the placement of mobs during a Rift-spell affect?

I searched the whole level.. the Sorcerer is just gone. A real disappearing act!
NCountr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2016, 05:58   #7
NCountr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
NCountr is on a distinguished road
Rod of Probing not reporting breath/spell attacks

Is it by design now that the Rods of Probing no longer report dragon breath or spell-caster spell abilities and damages now?

And, not even after a unique is killed, such as kavlax, does the monster library show all of kavlax's breath abilities, even though it states: You know everything about this monster.

??
NCountr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17, 2016, 20:38   #8
NCountr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
NCountr is on a distinguished road
Meteor Swarm inconsistency

When 'targeting' a mob, the shot does not flow-through once the mob has perished.

When firing at mob on a direct-line (using the arrow/direction keys), however, once the mob has perished, the shots flow-through to the end of the line-of-sight.

Essentially, the code is inconsistent, in my opinion, as to the intent of the effect of the spell. If one is to imagine it as a plethora of rocks shooting at a mob, it should behave as a bolt spell, and hit anything in its intended target-line and keep flying on to the end of that line. On the other hand, if it is intended to behave like a ball-spell and explode upon a target, then 'arrow/direction' keys should be disallowed when 'targeting' a mob. One should only be able to 'target' an individual square in all cases of the spell.

Personally, I prefer the spell as it was written in the 3.x code.
NCountr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quickband 2.0.5b bug reports caruso Variants 9 May 7, 2012 18:01
Quickband 2.0.5 bug reports caruso Variants 2 March 18, 2012 15:55
Minor npp bug? Old Coach Variants 5 March 11, 2012 00:52
[S] Some bug/balance reports for Joshua Bostock Variants 8 August 30, 2010 09:51
3.1.0 Very minor bug perost Vanilla 0 January 9, 2009 21:48


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.