Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old December 15, 2018, 01:23   #31
Quirk
Swordsman

Quirk is on a distinguished road
I'd already identified and fixed the bug in my local version.

950' descent text is reasonable on closer inspection. Think I've fixed the rubble issue.

I've also made Morgoth spawn closer to you on the ascent since he tends to wander round looking a little lost if he spawns on the far side of the level; how much closer depends on how many Sils you have. He'll start out of line of sight, but you will get your fight, Hugo.

Unfortunately I don't see myself being able to get this fixed before I go away for a week but I will be attempting to release the new version once I'm back before the end of the year (possibly it'll be around Christmas).
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2018, 05:18   #32
MITZE
Adept

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk View Post
Song of Challenge boosts enemy morale by a random factor which will be at most up to +3 per turn (though this may still be balanced out by other factors such as seeing their friends getting murdered). When morale is 5 or better, the enemy can switch from Confident to Aggressive.

Wrath removes Confident entirely, and makes monsters either Aggressive or Fleeing.

Song of Challenge stops ranged attackers from using ranged attacks and gets them to engage with you. It is also more effective at getting fleeing opponents to turn round and fight. Wrath is more effective if you just want to get your foe to Aggressive status. If you use both, your enemies will always be Aggressive, they won't use many ranged attacks and they're more likely to turn round and fight instead of fleeing.

Both of them make you more noticeable. Song of Challenge is noisy, Wrath increases monster perception.
Either I'm misunderstanding something or there's a bug somewhere; I had a death recently where I was getting no rerolls with Anticipate (four enemies were attacking me while wearing/wielding stuff with the Wrath curse on it) and when I looked at the enemies after the fact I discovered that they were only Confident.

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Last edited by MITZE; December 15, 2018 at 05:28. Reason: Added a link.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2018, 13:23   #33
Quirk
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZE View Post
Either I'm misunderstanding something or there's a bug somewhere; I had a death recently where I was getting no rerolls with Anticipate (four enemies were attacking me while wearing/wielding stuff with the Wrath curse on it) and when I looked at the enemies after the fact I discovered that they were only Confident.
Went back and looked again and had an aha moment. Monsters which are immune to fear may be confident when they would otherwise be fleeing. I would be okay with tweaking this for the future so that wrath made them aggressive in that state.
Old December 15, 2018, 16:27   #34
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Question about Sprinting (from Vanilla-Sil 1.3.0, which applies to latest Sil-Q, I'm sure)

When Sprinting:
To make it work, the player does not always have to move in a straight line for 4 consecutive turns like this for the Sprinting to take effect, right?:

@. . . x

Instead, the player can do something like this to Sprint, as long as the 4 consecutive game moves are uninterrupted:

@. .
-----. .

(I had to add the '-' because the forum posting format removes the spaces before the ' . . ')

I'm just double-checking to make sure this mechanic works correctly. If not already, the description for Sprinting description should be changed to include 'uninterrupted'

My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2018, 05:04   #35
MITZE
Adept

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk View Post
Went back and looked again and had an aha moment. Monsters which are immune to fear may be confident when they would otherwise be fleeing. I would be okay with tweaking this for the future so that wrath made them aggressive in that state.
Hate to doubt you, but are you sure that's even it? I died with three vampire lords and Lungorthin surrounding me; it was basically my first fight on the level, and I didn't even get to damage any of them, so I have a hard time believing that they would've been fleeing if I hadn't had things with Wrath on them equipped.

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2018, 11:12   #36
Quirk
Swordsman

Quote:
Hate to doubt you, but are you sure that's even it? I died with three vampire lords and Lungorthin surrounding me; it was basically my first fight on the level, and I didn't even get to damage any of them, so I have a hard time believing that they would've been fleeing if I hadn't had things with Wrath on them equipped.
Yeah, that can't be it - Lungorthin is no fear but vampire lords aren't. I'll need to experiment to replicate whatever happened.
Old December 16, 2018, 13:26   #37
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Minor issue with throwing weapons and inscriptions. If I inscribe @t5 on a spear it asks inscribe all spears y/n

If I select no & walk over more spears they wont stack which is unideal.
If I select yes & pick up a spear of piercing etc. it'll now inscribe it @t5 which is also unideal.

Not sure what would be good instead, but really the only thing stopping throwing being convenient is some hassle inscribing it to t5 ( next to each other on my keyboard) and if I have a 2nd set(glow weapons) t6. Then it's same as arrows and the 2 quivers.
wobbly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2018, 15:49   #38
Quirk
Swordsman

Quote:
You've found what looks to be an exciting original Sil bug - when you have more than one source of wrath, it appears that they cancel out! Have verified this is an issue in Sil 1.3, and put in a fix for the next release.
Old December 17, 2018, 15:52   #39
Quirk
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
Question about Sprinting (from Vanilla-Sil 1.3.0, which applies to latest Sil-Q, I'm sure)

When Sprinting:
To make it work, the player does not always have to move in a straight line for 4 consecutive turns like this for the Sprinting to take effect, right?:

@. . . x

Instead, the player can do something like this to Sprint, as long as the 4 consecutive game moves are uninterrupted:

@. .
-----. .

(I had to add the '-' because the forum posting format removes the spaces before the ' . . ')

I'm just double-checking to make sure this mechanic works correctly. If not already, the description for Sprinting description should be changed to include 'uninterrupted'
Yes, you don't need a straight line. The current description is "moves four or more squares in roughly the same direction". I think uninterrupted is implied by the four or more squares?

Have taken my laptop travelling so we may get a release this week...

Last edited by Quirk; December 17, 2018 at 15:57.
Old December 17, 2018, 18:46   #40
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
When I said uninterrupted, I meant within the first four moves before interruption by a foe.

My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote