AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Obsolete > v4

Old November 22, 2013, 16:14   #71
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Not quite: {ego} means {excellent} or {splendid}.
I stand corrected (once again!).
Old November 23, 2013, 01:31   #72
Grotug
Knight

Grotug is on a distinguished road
Terrasque nearly ended it all. Somehow I wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't notice my health cut in half. Suddenly I see my hitpoints down to 79--been hit by frost. The hit before was disenchantment, so I may switch to my longbow of extra shots and +rDisenchant. Speed dropped to 32 now.

edit: It's also possible my hitpoints weren't cut in half by the disenchantment and that the bulk of them were taken from the breath of frost, but I thought the maximum for frost was 550 if I have resistance to cold?
Old November 23, 2013, 02:22   #73
Grotug
Knight

Grotug is on a distinguished road
You stop paying close attention to the messages.
Huan, Wolfhound of the Valar breathes light, you resist
Huan, Wolfhound of the Valar breathes sound. You die.

Completely preventable. I looked at his info and it said he claws to freeze and breathes light, so I decided instead of having all my potions get destroyed in melee combat I'd back up and shoot arrows, but as I was backing up I stopped looking at the messages figuring light wouldn't do much harm to me since I resist it natively. Sound, I have not resistance for. I had just picked up a crown of rSound and dropped it since I didn't want to swap my helm of ESP with +4 strength constitution for nothin'. I was becoming impatient to find the last few pieces of equipment that were frustratingly not forthcoming and so I became careless. I don't even really mind that I died so close to the end on dl96. I think I'll start again with v4.

Character dump: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=15166

Last edited by Grotug; November 23, 2013 at 02:59.
Old December 15, 2013, 04:07   #74
dos350
Knight

dos350 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotug View Post
Okay, yes, I have the same problem of hoarding and fussing too long over which items to leave behind and which to word of recall back with me. I might give it a shot. When I died on level 43 I had over $300,000 AU, tho Of course the black market wasn't selling anything I needed.

I am a huge fan of Tolkien and have similar, conservative sentiments as him, so I probably wouldn't particularly care for the adult versions .

EDIT: I just started playing on no-selling and now it won't tell me what the potions are when I quaff them. :-/

lllllol~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++