Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old September 7, 2021, 00:05   #81
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Bug in ignoring jewelry. Somehow, I pressed something and my @'s ring accidentally got ignored. Since I received the "do you really want to drop" warning, I was made aware. I tried "unignoring" the ring from the inventory menu on the item (unignore all), but that didn't work. So, I went to the user menu "Item ignoring setup". Imagine my surprise when I discovered amulets and rings are not included in the "Item ignoring setup", in the "Quality ignoring options", or in the "Ego ignoring options". How does one deal with this for jewelry? Is there a secret menu somewhere?
Which version are you playing? I believe (or at least hope) this bug was fixed by backwardsEric a week or so back, in this release.
Old September 7, 2021, 20:12   #82
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Which version are you playing? I believe (or at least hope) this bug was fixed by backwardsEric a week or so back, in this release.
Ah, that might be it. I was on version 2.0.0-8-g000356eb6. I will download the new version and see if the bug persists.

Edit: Nope, I'm sorry to report - not fixed. I even started a new @ in case the problem was savefile compatibility, but to no avail. Rings and Amulets are provided for nowhere in the ignoring menus.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; September 7, 2021 at 20:20.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2021, 22:49   #83
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Bug: Might also check trap disarming on chests for a bug. I've got a 44th level hobbit rogue with 100% disarm for both physical and magical traps, but every chest with summoning runes that @ tries to disarm is set off and the summons occurs.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
Old September 7, 2021, 23:16   #84
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Nope, I'm sorry to report - not fixed. I even started a new @ in case the problem was savefile compatibility, but to no avail. Rings and Amulets are provided for nowhere in the ignoring menus.
Rings and amulets aren't meant to be in the ignoring menus, but they're also not meant to ever get ignored. Were you still getting them ignored with the new savefile?

Quote:
Bug: Might also check trap disarming on chests for a bug. I've got a 44th level hobbit rogue with 100% disarm for both physical and magical traps, but every chest with summoning runes that @ tries to disarm is set off and the summons occurs.
OK, filed that one.
Old September 7, 2021, 23:19   #85
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
You should be able to change ignore status through object knowledge as well as the basic squelch menu. (There is no quality squelch for rings.)
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2021, 23:36   #86
tg122
Apprentice

tg122 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nope, I'm sorry to report - not fixed. I even started a new @ in case the problem was savefile compatibility, but to no avail. Rings and Amulets are provided for nowhere in the ignoring menus.
Did you notice whether the bug occurred on a new character in both instances? I had the same issue a couple weeks ago, but it always seemed to be for a brand new character, and happened with the first ring or amulet they found. I haven't started any new characters since then because I've got a good run going right now, but I keep meaning to start a new character and try to reprdouce the bug that way.

Last edited by tg122; September 7, 2021 at 23:54. Reason: spelling correction
tg122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2021, 04:06   #87
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
You should be able to change ignore status through object knowledge as well as the basic squelch menu. (There is no quality squelch for rings.)
Should, but not for rings and amulets. I don't understand why not, but whatever.
Old September 8, 2021, 04:20   #88
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Should, but not for rings and amulets. I don't understand why not, but whatever.
The reason they're not able to be ignored is that the "types" are a very loose classification of what they do. So something like an amulet of Doom can be the best one you find in the game.
Old September 10, 2021, 03:03   #89
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Quote:
Okay, Nick, here is a savefile for you with this bug. Try disarming the chest immediately to @'s left. It activates and summons Greater Demons. Yet @ has 100% disarming.

Character file: Ingwe .zip
Randart file: randart_0120d763.txt.zip
Old September 10, 2021, 03:21   #90
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Okay, Nick, here is a savefile for you with this bug. Try disarming the chest immediately to @'s left. It activates and summons Greater Demons. Yet @ has 100% disarming.

Character file: Attachment 2044
Randart file: Attachment 2045
Thanks for the excellent example, there are definitely issues. I'll report back.

There's actually no need to give me your randart file any more, the code now regenerates the randart file if it can't find it.