Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2011, 12:21   #11
ghengiz
Adept
 
ghengiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roaming in Terry Pratchett's Discworld
Posts: 178
ghengiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaThaRiel View Post
No, i dont think that it worked. Im not sure, but i think i tried it but had to drop it because of lack of time.

Sadly this doesn't solve the problem. But if it runs on other platforms it has to be such a "simple" problem Sadly im no programmer.
Hi, SaThaRiel
I had your same problem, and I solved in a couple of steps, based on previous suggestions:

1) edit Makefile.src
line 12: add z-queue.h at the end of the line
line 16: add z-queue.o at the end of the line
this way, you are uppdating the definitions of INCS and ZFILES

2) edit Makefile.inc (probably unnecessary, but just to stay on the safe side...)
add, just after line 22:
z-queue.o: z-queue.h

that worked for me
ghengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2011, 12:34   #12
ghengiz
Adept
 
ghengiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roaming in Terry Pratchett's Discworld
Posts: 178
ghengiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
oops I did it again
Turns out I deleted an object in 1.3.2 without making the nesesary code tweaks which created a bug which makes the game not start unless you are loading an already-started saved game. This update fixes that bug.

download link updated in original post in this thread.
Hi, I'd like to submit a little nuisance with the last release (1.3.2c).
After a little struggle with Makefile.(std/inc) to include z-queue.o, I succesfully compiled the curses version on Macosx lion.
on the first launch, however, the angband executable show a messagge about a bad record in monster.txt.

the fix is extremely simple, just edit line 9052 of
lib/edit/monster.txt
in order to eliminate the comment and the pipe sign just before it

hope this can help future adventurers
ghengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2011, 20:13   #13
SaThaRiel
Adept
 
SaThaRiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 173
SaThaRiel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengiz View Post
Hi, SaThaRiel
I had your same problem, and I solved in a couple of steps, based on previous suggestions:

1) edit Makefile.src
line 12: add z-queue.h at the end of the line
line 16: add z-queue.o at the end of the line
this way, you are uppdating the definitions of INCS and ZFILES

2) edit Makefile.inc (probably unnecessary, but just to stay on the safe side...)
add, just after line 22:
z-queue.o: z-queue.h

that worked for me
Waaahhh - great Thanks a lot, i am now able to compile it. Uploaded the package build script already.
Works fine except of the "happens from time to time" bug that you have to press Escape 2 times to make it work. I had this with some Rogelikes already...seems that its always introduced when windows is the main dev platform.

Anyway great job, looking for more releases
__________________
Proud candidate for the Angband Darwin Award!
SaThaRiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2011, 00:24   #14
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 927
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaThaRiel View Post
Waaahhh - great Thanks a lot, i am now able to compile it. Uploaded the package build script already.
Works fine except of the "happens from time to time" bug that you have to press Escape 2 times to make it work. I had this with some Rogelikes already...seems that its always introduced when windows is the main dev platform.

Anyway great job, looking for more releases
cool, thanks.
I am still working on DaJAngband, just spending much less time on it than I used to.

Also ghengiz, thanks for the compiling help
I know nothing about getting the game to work on other platforms.
__________________
Will_Asher

Play DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2011, 10:47   #15
ghengiz
Adept
 
ghengiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roaming in Terry Pratchett's Discworld
Posts: 178
ghengiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
cool, thanks.
I am still working on DaJAngband, just spending much less time on it than I used to.

Also ghengiz, thanks for the compiling help
I know nothing about getting the game to work on other platforms.
you're welcome
BTW, thanks for your variant and the effort you put in it
May I ask you something? I'm curious about the meaning of DaJ...
of course I read the documentation, but I was unable to find a clue

could DaJ mean:
* your initials, perhaps?

* (D)amn! (a) (J)elly!

* (Da)edalus (J)unctions, as in the labirinth of Daedalus myth

* (Da)ft (J)oke, as in 'the project started as something not very important, but it eventually grew up as a variant'

* (something whose name starts with a D) (a)nd (something else whose name starts with a J)...for example (D)ogs (a)nd (J)ackals , (D)ean (a)nd (J)ames,...

* (D)ig (a)t (J)oe/(J)im/(J)ane, as in 'a remark intended to mock or criticize Joe/Jim/Jane' (random names)

mmm...no more ideas
ghengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2011, 11:21   #16
ghengiz
Adept
 
ghengiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Roaming in Terry Pratchett's Discworld
Posts: 178
ghengiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaThaRiel View Post
Waaahhh - great Thanks a lot, i am now able to compile it. Uploaded the package build script already.
Works fine except of the "happens from time to time" bug that you have to press Escape 2 times to make it work. I had this with some Rogelikes already...seems that its always introduced when windows is the main dev platform.
you're wellcome
Yeah,the ESC thing is a bit annoying, but not a big deal after all.
I *suspect* that the problem could be solved by modifying the input routines in such a way to associate ESC with both its ASCII code '^[' and Regular-Expression escape code '\e', in order to cover all cases.

Unfortunately I have no idea on how to practically apply the changes myself
ghengiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2011, 00:25   #17
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 927
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengiz View Post
you're welcome
BTW, thanks for your variant and the effort you put in it
May I ask you something? I'm curious about the meaning of DaJ...
of course I read the documentation, but I was unable to find a clue

could DaJ mean:
* your initials, perhaps?
First guess was right. nice theories though, maybe I should make up something else it could stand for...

EDIT/PS: My real name is on the opening splash screen, so it could be figured out.
__________________
Will_Asher

Play DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home

Last edited by will_asher; December 11, 2011 at 23:59.
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announce DaJAngband 1.2.2 released will_asher Variants 4 September 5, 2010 03:21
Announce DaJAngband 1.2.0 released will_asher Variants 19 March 23, 2010 19:46
Announce DaJAngband 1.1.2 released will_asher Variants 11 January 17, 2010 22:51
Announce: DaJAngband v1.1.0 released will_asher Variants 21 November 23, 2009 19:32
Announce: DaJAngband v1.0.99 Released will_asher Variants 20 September 16, 2009 22:35


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.