Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old March 30, 2008, 11:08   #101
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKula View Post
EDIT: So I tried restarting from scratch, with a brand new blank project. This time, the errors are much simpler; the compiler log lists the following at the end (essentially, after all the stuff that 'worked'):
<snip>
"Angband.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -lmingwin32 -lwinmm -mwindows
C:\Dev-Cpp\Bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw 32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lmingwin32
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make.exe: *** [Angband.exe] Error 1
Execution terminated
Try removing -lmingwin32 and replacing it with -lmingw32, see if that helps. If that doesn't help, then try removing the -lmingw[in]32 option entirely.
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2008, 17:13   #102
MKula
Apprentice

MKula is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Try removing -lmingwin32 and replacing it with -lmingw32, see if that helps. If that doesn't help, then try removing the -lmingw[in]32 option entirely.
Hmmm.... still no go.
Replacing the line with -lmingw32 reproduces the "[Linker error] undefined reference to foo" list of errors. Removing the line(s) entirely does the same thing.
My main question is, what causes a linker error of this type? Am I missing a set of files/libraries that I don't know I need? That seems to be the case, since it seems to be trying to reference something that's not there.

EDIT: All the linker errors seem to reference "main-sdl.c", if that helps. If I remove main-sdl.c from the list of project files, I get another error, associated with "main.c" that says "[Linker Error] undefined reference to WinMain@16", if *that* helps...

Last edited by MKula; March 30, 2008 at 17:25.
MKula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2008, 17:46   #103
takkaria
Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm.... still no go.
Replacing the line with -lmingw32 reproduces the "[Linker error] undefined reference to foo" list of errors. Removing the line(s) entirely does the same thing.
My main question is, what causes a linker error of this type? Am I missing a set of files/libraries that I don't know I need? That seems to be the case, since it seems to be trying to reference something that's not there.
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Quote:
EDIT: All the linker errors seem to reference "main-sdl.c", if that helps. If I remove main-sdl.c from the list of project files, I get another error, associated with "main.c" that says "[Linker Error] undefined reference to WinMain@16", if *that* helps...
Remove main.c from it too. Make sure main-win.c is there, too.
Old March 30, 2008, 18:05   #104
MKula
Apprentice

If I remove all the "main-xxx.c" files (except "main-win.c"), as well as "main.c", the only error I (still) get is "[Linker error] undefined reference to 'WinMain@16'" which STILL references main.c (even though I removed it).
I also tried renaming "main-win.c" to "main.c", but that still gives the same error as above. Hmm...
Old March 30, 2008, 18:39   #105
takkaria
Veteran

Quote:
If I remove all the "main-xxx.c" files (except "main-win.c"), as well as "main.c", the only error I (still) get is "[Linker error] undefined reference to 'WinMain@16'" which STILL references main.c (even though I removed it).
I also tried renaming "main-win.c" to "main.c", but that still gives the same error as above. Hmm...
Please make sure that the compiler flags include -DWINDOWS and do not include -DUSE_SDL. I can't see anything else being the problem.
Old March 30, 2008, 22:19   #106
MKula
Apprentice

Checked and double checked, and unfortunately no luck. Oh well. Thank you very much for your help, anyway. It's very much appreciated. I'll keep trying and hopefully one of these days I'll get it work.

EDIT: It is SO OBVIOUS that I'm not a coder; I finally got it to work. The moral of the story? I needed to RE-build the project (not just build) whenever I made a change.
*sigh...*
Again, thanks for your help takkaria. You are, for lack of a more profound and relevant term, "da man".

Last edited by MKula; March 30, 2008 at 23:30.
Old June 15, 2008, 14:33   #107
takkaria
Veteran

I'm a little confused about UnAngband's subversion repository. Under svnroot/repos/unangband/trunk/unangband, there appears to be a second unangband directory with a second copy of the source. Which one should I check out these days?
Old June 15, 2008, 14:35   #108
Bandobras
Knight

Bandobras is on a distinguished road
unangband/unangband/ for 0.6.2, unangband for 0.6.3 (and you get 0.6.2 too in the bargain, actually)
Bandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2008, 10:31   #109
andrewdoull
Unangband maintainer

andrewdoull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandobras View Post
unangband/unangband/ for 0.6.2, unangband for 0.6.3 (and you get 0.6.2 too in the bargain, actually)
This is due to my complete naivety at how to set up an svn branch... and following someone elses example.

Andrew
Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com
andrewdoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2008, 09:36   #110
ekolis
Knight

ekolis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ekolis Send a message via MSN to ekolis Send a message via Yahoo to ekolis
Hey, thought it might be appropriate to mention here that the Vanilla SVN and Trac appear to be down (have been for a few days actually) and no new nightlies have appeared in a few days... something wrong? (Actually at first the whole rephial domain was down but at least most of it's back now...)
ekolis is offline   Reply With Quote