Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old January 6, 2008, 23:03   #31
Zero
Apprentice

Zero is on a distinguished road
Okay, I went through the instruction list, and got stuck at #12. There was no "Standard Make C Project" so I just chose "C Project". There were some other changes I made, like I selected minGW instead of Cygwin at one point.

Somehow, I managed to get the trunk directory downloaded, but when I tried to build it, it generated 57 errors, all in "z-file.c". Here's two:

`FAIL' undeclared (first use in this function), z-file.c, line 27

syntax error before "int", z-file.c, line 310

I know the C programming language, but do everything in Java these days, and I've never used minGW or Eclipse, so I really have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2008, 00:33   #32
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Okay, I went through the instruction list, and got stuck at #12. There was no "Standard Make C Project" so I just chose "C Project". There were some other changes I made, like I selected minGW instead of Cygwin at one point.

Somehow, I managed to get the trunk directory downloaded, but when I tried to build it, it generated 57 errors, all in "z-file.c". Here's two:

`FAIL' undeclared (first use in this function), z-file.c, line 27

syntax error before "int", z-file.c, line 310

I know the C programming language, but do everything in Java these days, and I've never used minGW or Eclipse, so I really have no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.
I think you want to exclude the "tests" directory from the files you include in the project.
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2008, 01:44   #33
Zero
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
I think you want to exclude the "tests" directory from the files you include in the project.
Done, but now the build generates 69 errors. However, all the errors are confined to readdib.c and main-win.c. Here's one of them:

undefined reference to `AddFontResourceA@4', main-win.c, line 1486
Old January 7, 2008, 02:53   #34
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Done, but now the build generates 69 errors. However, all the errors are confined to readdib.c and main-win.c. Here's one of them:

undefined reference to `AddFontResourceA@4', main-win.c, line 1486
Try "make -f Makefile.win MINGW=yes" instead.
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2008, 05:48   #35
Zero
Apprentice

I got it down to 29 errors by changing the active build configuration to Release, but that's just a stab in the dark.

> Try "make -f Makefile.win MINGW=yes" instead.

Thinking that this might be a command for DOS, I got the usual "make is not a recognized internal or external command...". My first thought was that I should change the build command in Eclipse to that string, but I don't know how to do that, because I suck.
Old January 7, 2008, 14:58   #36
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Ok...I have zero familiarity with Eclipse as an IDE, but I'm mildly surprised that you have MingW32 installed but not (GNU) make. (Yes, it's its very own package in the vast MingW32 distribution. But not that difficult to build from source if you have bash installed to run configure scripts; its configure script works fairly well in Windows, unlike quite a few others).
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2008, 00:01   #37
Zero
Apprentice

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimoni View Post
Ok...I have zero familiarity with Eclipse as an IDE, but I'm mildly surprised that you have MingW32 installed but not (GNU) make. (Yes, it's its very own package in the vast MingW32 distribution. But not that difficult to build from source if you have bash installed to run configure scripts; its configure script works fairly well in Windows, unlike quite a few others).
I just followed the instructions in the first post in this thread as best as I could. Like I said, I've been using Java, so I don't have any C/C++ tools installed.

What should I do?
Old January 8, 2008, 00:23   #38
Daven_26d1
Adept

Daven_26d1 is on a distinguished road
You missed the bit in step #4 that suggests your gonna need to install Make along with that mingW32 environment, so it would be a good bet to try that.
Daven_26d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2008, 22:28   #39
Zero
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daven_26d1 View Post
You missed the bit in step #4 that suggests your gonna need to install Make along with that mingW32 environment, so it would be a good bet to try that.
I did that. I checked that box.
Old January 9, 2008, 23:07   #40
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just followed the instructions in the first post in this thread as best as I could. Like I said, I've been using Java, so I don't have any C/C++ tools installed.

What should I do?
Seeing that you did check the box on #4, you're going to have to find where the installer misplaced make.

make-mingw32.exe or similar would be my first guess for a misplacement.
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote