Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2016, 17:54   #191
Chud
Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 182
Chud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Fixed. It was a problem with mimics - it's always a problem with mimics
Thanks!!

And now, first win, woo hoo!

Last edited by Chud; April 19, 2016 at 18:20.
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2016, 03:28   #192
Loendal
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Loendal is on a distinguished road
4.0.4 Savefile Broken

Hello all,

I play Angband 4.0.4 off a Jumpdrive on my Windows 7 machine; every time I go to reload a saved game or start a new character using a savefile from a dead PC, I keep getting broken save file errors. Bad header, or something similar to that.

I usually turn on sound and change around some of the Term outputs to something more to my liking then the defaults and it's getting frustrating, as I just lost a nice PC that was well on his way with good equipment and progress. These changes to sound and Term outputs are the only things I alter, everything else is pure Vanilla startup.

I don't recall playing from a jumpdrive being an issue in the past, but perhaps something has changed with newer OS and/or Angband itself.

Suggestions?
--- Carl
Loendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2016, 12:04   #193
Kethis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13
Kethis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
(1) I think should be fixed in 4.0.5 by the fix to the invisible tile bug. (2) rings a vague bell - I wouldn't be surprised if that was fixed too. If not, I'll file it as a bug for 4.1.0
1) The highlight box will have to be included in the 4.1.0 bug fixes - still an issue in 4.0.5

2) Nick? Two years older than me, and living in the same city, no less!
Kethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2016, 23:08   #194
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 7,173
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kethis View Post
1) The highlight box will have to be included in the 4.1.0 bug fixes - still an issue in 4.0.5

2) Nick? Two years older than me, and living in the same city, no less!
Small world

I'll file the highlight bug - any more detail on when it occurs?
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2016, 16:30   #195
khyung
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 8
khyung is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Saved filename cannot contain spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loendal View Post
Hello all,

I play Angband 4.0.4 off a Jumpdrive on my Windows 7 machine; every time I go to reload a saved game or start a new character using a savefile from a dead PC, I keep getting broken save file errors. Bad header, or something similar to that.

I usually turn on sound and change around some of the Term outputs to something more to my liking then the defaults and it's getting frustrating, as I just lost a nice PC that was well on his way with good equipment and progress. These changes to sound and Term outputs are the only things I alter, everything else is pure Vanilla startup.

I don't recall playing from a jumpdrive being an issue in the past, but perhaps something has changed with newer OS and/or Angband itself.

Suggestions?
--- Carl

Apparently filename for savefiles are not allowed to contain spaces. This restriction should be removed.
khyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2016, 03:14   #196
Kethis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13
Kethis is on a distinguished road
...and the refreshing after moving tall images issue is still not resolved in 4.0.5
Screenshot excerpt included.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unriel_2016Apr23_120443_excerpt.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1402  
Kethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2016, 04:22   #197
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 7,173
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kethis View Post
...and the refreshing after moving tall images issue is still not resolved in 4.0.5
Screenshot excerpt included.
I'm having trouble reproducing this. Windows, OS X or SDL?
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2016, 11:26   #198
Kethis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13
Kethis is on a distinguished road
Nick, Windows 7.
I also run from a thumbdrive (4.0.5 now, and 4.0.4 and 3.5.1 previously) without ill effects.

Nick W., yes?
Kethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2016, 03:59   #199
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 7,173
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kethis View Post
Nick, Windows 7.
I also run from a thumbdrive (4.0.5 now, and 4.0.4 and 3.5.1 previously) without ill effects.
OK, I'll do some testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kethis View Post
Nick W., yes?
Nope
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2016, 12:39   #200
Azuria
Rookie
 
Azuria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Azuria is on a distinguished road
Posting here, even though it's also possible in the April 26 nightly:

When selecting an item in a store using the mouse, the game will show the flavor of the item selected, which can give some unfair knowledge of what you might want to look into further.
__________________
Cloning Nightwalkers for XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Better to be down a point in INT than be suffering under 300HP at dl 70.
I should probably take note of this.
Azuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.0.3 bugs Nick Vanilla 86 December 6, 2015 18:16
4.0.2 Bugs Ingwe Ingweron Vanilla 205 November 13, 2015 02:31
4.0.1 Bugs Elsairon Vanilla 116 September 10, 2015 07:45
Bugs with 3.5 donalde Vanilla 10 February 24, 2014 17:28
Bugs Adley Development 2 October 10, 2010 21:11


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.