Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2015, 05:07   #1
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,582
Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
4.0.2 Bugs

Minor bug. When wielding a sling, @ gets the message, "Your bow tingles in your hands."

I know that means extra shots, but it's not a bow.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2015, 07:54   #2
Nivra
Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 112
Nivra is on a distinguished road
[OS X] Crash on Quit

In OS X Yosemity 10.10.4, running on a Macbook Air, I downloaded the OS X disk image, mounted the image, and am running Angband from there. It auto-uses my angband save info from 4.0.1.

Whenever I Cmd-Q Angband, it hangs, and I have no recourse but to force-quit. This happened when opening an old save file as well as after starting a new character.
Nivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2015, 20:07   #3
Tarrasque
Scout
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 26
Tarrasque is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivra View Post
In OS X Yosemity 10.10.4, running on a Macbook Air, I downloaded the OS X disk image, mounted the image, and am running Angband from there. It auto-uses my angband save info from 4.0.1.

Whenever I Cmd-Q Angband, it hangs, and I have no recourse but to force-quit. This happened when opening an old save file as well as after starting a new character.
I get this with Cmd-Q too and reported it in the 4.0.2 release thread. (I missed this one until after I posted.) If I wait long enough it eventually crashes.
Tarrasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2015, 23:31   #4
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 7,057
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Minor bug. When wielding a sling, @ gets the message, "Your bow tingles in your hands."

I know that means extra shots, but it's not a bow.
Any missile launcher is generically referred to as a "bow" occasionally. I don't know if I'd quite call it a bug, more poor phrasing

And the command-q hang in OS X is (hopefully) fixed in development - as a workaround, use ctrl-x.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2015, 23:47   #5
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,308
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Any missile launcher is generically referred to as a "bow" occasionally. I don't know if I'd quite call it a bug, more poor phrasing
Call them "missile launchers" instead. Perfectly accurate, not misleading in the slightest.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2015, 23:50   #6
MattB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,094
MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Call them "missile launchers" instead. Perfectly accurate, not misleading in the slightest.
That'll only get Debo overexcited.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2015, 16:37   #7
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 1,582
Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Another one that's not a bug, but ...

Sauron just dropped Narya. For flavor reasons, it seems to me that Sauron should be prohibited from dropping the Elven Rings of Power since he never touched them. The One Ring, if @ could be so lucky, is the only ring of power that Sauron should be able to drop.
__________________
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2015, 19:32   #8
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,308
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Another one that's not a bug, but ...

Sauron just dropped Narya. For flavor reasons, it seems to me that Sauron should be prohibited from dropping the Elven Rings of Power since he never touched them. The One Ring, if @ could be so lucky, is the only ring of power that Sauron should be able to drop.
Ehh. If a blubbering icky thing can drop the One Ring, then Sauron should be able to drop the Elven Rings. Angband is not canon.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2015, 20:56   #9
MattB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,094
MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Angband is not canon.
Cannons are also liable to get Debo overexcited.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2015, 20:58   #10
MattB
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,094
MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Ehh. If a blubbering icky thing can drop the One Ring, then Sauron should be able to drop the Elven Rings. Angband is not canon.
Besides, a certain Scruffy Looking Hobbit should be the first place to look for the One Ring. And that is canon.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.0.1 Bugs Elsairon Vanilla 116 September 10, 2015 07:45
Bugs: V3.1.2 Pete Mack Vanilla 34 December 1, 2010 17:18
Bugs Adley Development 2 October 10, 2010 21:11
V bugs (3.1.1) Pete Mack Vanilla 3 January 10, 2010 09:02
V 3.9 Bugs momo125 Vanilla 3 September 11, 2007 15:48


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.